Alright when was that again.....?

Yes, stunning race, with great racing side by side, drama and the well known ardennes weather challenge.
Enjoyed the 2020 race very much, awesome pictures and top commentary on the stream.
Who asked for F1 when watching such a gt3 battle?

Voting is open for the RaceDepartment Portuguese Grand Prix 'Driver of the Day'.

Today was our first ever visit to the Portuguese circuit of Portimao in the Algarve, and what a circuit it is!

Light drizzle created a very greasy surface on the brand new layer of tarmac, making for challenging conditions as the drivers tackled Portimao's lovely mix of fast and medium speed corners. Today's race saw lots of drivers pushing their luck with track limits, while others struggled on heavily-grained soft compound tyres.

There are some excellent candidates for Driver of the Day this weekend, not least the man whose breathtaking first couple of laps launched them into the lead in tricky, damp conditions. Then again we saw some drivers who fell back early on demonstrate class overtaking ability as they sliced their way through the field.

Let's get talking about today's race, and don't forget to cast your vote for your winner.

portimao.jpg

Attachments

• cover.jpg
    cover.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:
Race unfolded pretty much as I expected, although the first 10 laps or so were rather interesting. After that, it was the usual Mercedes procession and the usual Hamilton win. Congrats to Mercedes for building such a dominating car and yes, Hamilton is exceptional, but I admit, I fell asleep around 2/3 of the race. I woke up in time for the post race interview.

I'm just watching the replay. By god they can bring this track back for next year.
Yeah, I agree - almost stupid to not have been running this track. Hopefully the powers that be can figure out how to make it a staple.

Some really deserving drivers today for Driver of the Day, but I think it clearly has to go to Bottas for another inspired performance. Lol, j/k, he sucks. I gave it to Gasly - he's on a tear this year and put in yet another solid performance today.

So, let me understand this:

- Had tyre problems, well obviously
- Went 10-15 laps afterwards on those tired tyres, set 2 fastest laps at least
- Ended with 25 seconds in front of his teammate
- Only 4 or so cars ended on the same lap

Side note, for some strange reason Bottas' car had some dashboard problems and parts that wanted to part from the car, they always happen with his car, not with Hamilton's.

And people still believe anything that comes from his mouth? He has 92 wins, is incredibly talented, but the person itself I just can't respect.

So, let me understand this:

- Had tyre problems, well obviously
- Went 10-15 laps afterwards on those tired tyres, set 2 fastest laps at least
- Ended with 25 seconds in front of his teammate
- Only 4 or so cars ended on the same lap

Side note, for some strange reason Bottas' car had some dashboard problems and parts that wanted to part from the car, they always happen with his car, not with Hamilton's.

Even without some mechanical issue, Bottas can't beat Hamilton when he's in top form. There's no need for Merc to favor Hamilton.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 101 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 141 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 267 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 389 39.9%