Alright when was that again.....?

I think it's a good idea if they are serious about making the Alpine brand more famous. I have to admit I had no idea Alpine was a Renault brand. I'm a bit sad to see the yellow and black Renault livery disappear, as it was my favorite for some time now. But blue, white and red is always a nice combination of colours (yes, I'm a francophile. Well, I'm French-Canadian, so my ancestors came from there!)

Sainz did great from start to finish.
Snatched second from Bottas at start, kept his position, then fought his way back after being unlucky with the red flag.

Can't say I don't like the idea. I grow up watching Benetton and then Renault as part of F1, so Renault will be missed, despite its recent performance, but it is good to hear that the Frenchs seem to be taking the Alpine brand seriously once again (hopefully).

But aside from F1, I can only hope for them to back the A110 R-GT rally car project honestly. One of them managed to get 3rd O/A on the Mont Blanc Rallye this weekend, beating some R5 cars, so it has potential.

Someone was on here just before race predicting a Hamilton win. I told him sometimes F1 races have strange occurrences and things shape up. They did, Gasly won Hamillton had 2 time penalties. One for a closed pit lane. (I cant remember a F1 pitlane ever closing) As i said in a post there is a crop of talent from the next generation of drivers and we had them in the top 4, all from middle of the pack.
What i cant believe more than Ferraris lack of pace is Webber at the bottom. He should be way further up with his experience. He seems like he should be a champion but hes way off. So don't write of F1 just yet.

Last edited:
This race to me was proof that it is not the car that wins races. Bottas went out of his way to finally show the knuckleheads that it ain't the car. Hamilton is just that dude and nothing else can be said.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back