Alright when was that again.....?

Sainz or Gasly, very tough choice, but in the end it just shows how much new talent is up and coming. This has to be the best race I have seen in quite some time. Maybe because I thought it would be the same old thing, and as it turned out it was something completely different.
Monza will always be something special. Its a great mixture of old and new, Without the Tifosi, it wasn't quite the same, but they would have stormed the track for sure.
This race is as all the races should be, exciting and always on the edge of your seat. The announcers actually talking about racing and not about undercutting it overcutting, not about tire temps or even the weather, although it was hot and did affect engine temps.
That last lap made it all the better still. When it was all said and done, I had to catch my breathe, and isn't that what F1 racing should be ?

He didnt suck, but he didnt do anything special to win the race other than avoiding mistakes and being extremely lucky with the SCs and red flag. And his car was at best 0.1 or 0.2s slower than the cars behind besides Bottas, so it's not that extraordinary that he kept them behind. Even Hamilton struggled to pass some cars despite being over a second quicker.

Gasly didn't do anything special other than a perfect drive from 2nd start to finish.

It isn't even a question of what performance gap Sainz needed to pass Gasly, because he didn't even had a chance to attempt it.

Last edited:
He didnt suck, but he didnt do anything special to win the race other than avoiding mistakes and being extremely lucky with the SCs and red flag. And his car was at best 0.1 or 0.2s slower than the cars behind besides Bottas, so it's not that extraordinary that he kept them behind. Even Hamilton struggled to pass some cars despite being over a second quicker.
Yea nothing special, he just won a race with an Alpha Tauri with a Honda engine.

gazly, got it done and held on when the opportunity did arise. quite a straightforward track though.

also good performances sainz and hamilton; props where due it was obviously difficult to pass here now that the engine modes are gone and stuff.

The more I learn the more I realise the team really ended in 2014 and it was just gradually about keeping the name in the sport and selling for £100 mil. So in actual fact they did quite well.

Yeah, I remember in 2019 they said they would never sell the old race cars ... because they are familiy. Last week Vettel bought Mansel's 1992 car. The Williams family doesn't stand by their words, it's just a show. Not really surprising from the only race directory in F1 who studied politics rather than engineering. Williams F1 is also cut-throat, anyone remember Spirit F1 team and that deal that Williams forced on Honda which broke Spirit's neck?

Last edited:
Makes sense to put all their sporting activity under one name, will miss the yellow black and white, though.
Have Alpine ever done monoposti before? Yes, they have: Francois Cevert in an alpine a280 F3 in 1967:

francois-cevert-alpine-a280-renault-brands-hatch-f3-october-1967.jpg

Gasly didn't do anything special other than a perfect drive from 2nd start to finish.

It isn't even a question of what performance gap Sainz needed to pass Gasly, because he didn't even had a chance to attempt it.

Indeed he did nothing special from the restart, other than driving with no mistakes. But then, Sainz or Norris or Ricciardo didn't make any mistakes either, they were just unlucky with the SC and red flag conditions, with the difference that on top of this Sainz and Norris were on podium positions by their own merits before the SC, having both passed a Mercedes car on track. Any of them would have won if they had Gasly's luck because the pace gap between all of those cars was pretty much nothing.

You mean that car whose best laptime in qualy was just 0,2 slower than McLaren and RP, and as fast as Renault, with a plus 4 second gap after the restart? Yeah that car.
Oh yes, qualy time, Bottas actually looks good there. Wonder why in the race he sux. Anyone that watched the race could see how much better the Merc and Renault engines were.

Too bad your driver didn't win.

What a great race. Had to watch it with a two hour delay on my side. Never, never expected this outcome. Bad luck for the DNF's and party time for the podium winners. Pierre deserves this. What a rollercoaster year for him. Good that LeClerc has no injuries. Was a hard bang.
Gasly the Panis successor.Took a couple of days but then they know how to party! Félicitation Pierre

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 282 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 190 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 192 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years