Alright when was that again.....?

It doesn't negate the fact that the communication could have been ****. Two signals on the outside of parabolica isn't enough when you are going inside to the pit. If the TV didn't realise the pit was closed until after Hamilton pitted then how did the Mercedes team?

It was just some footage, who knows what more light are there. It's up to drivers to pay attention in these situations. Those lights have a meaning. If a driver misses that, it's just ignoring rules. In the past drivers were DSQ for that. The Mercedes team has many workers, spectating every detail, but somehow they missed that. And actually, Hamilton did. Those light are there to info drivers about the situation. They should know about that, it's protocol.

Last edited:
It was just some footage, who knows what more light are there. It's up to drivers to pay attention in these situations. Those lights have a meaning. If a driver misses that, it's just ignoring rules. In the past drivers were DSQ for that.

If there was a light on pit entrance then fair enough. The fact that the TV got a message that the safety car was out but no message that the pit was closed shows to me that the teams may have got the same messages that weren't clear enough.

Two drivers made the same mistake so it is a problem.

Last edited:
My vote goes to Sainz. He was the only driver who managed to keep his second position amidst the chaos near the end, while everyone else in the top drive lost theirs and has fallen back.
Agreed. I have to give my vote to Sainz too. Pierre drove beautifully, but Carlos really drove the wheels off of that McLaren today, and I feel like he would have dominated the rest of the race had it not been for the red flag. Unlucky, but his time will come.

Last edited:
If there was a light on pit entrance then fair enough. The fact that the TV got a message that the safety car was out but no message that the pit was closed shows to me that the teams may have got the same messages that weren't clear enough.

Two drivers made the same mistake so it is a problem.

Only two drivers did, everybody else did not. Because they actually paid attention to the protocol. It's mistake and it did just happen. Don't worry, Hamilton will win more races and is already WDC.

The more I learn the more I realise the team really ended in 2014 and it was just gradually about keeping the name in the sport and selling for £100 mil. So in actual fact they did quite well.

Only two drivers did, everybody else did not. Because they actually paid attention to the protocol. It's mistake and it did just happen. Don't worry, Hamilton will win more races and is already WDC.

I don't care about Hamilton. I care about the FIA being **** and punishing two drivers unfairly and not looking at why there is no signal on pit entrance and why two teams and a TV station got the communication late and wrong.

Two words.....PIERRE GASLY, The last laps of that race when Merc dropped the ball and it was what racing should be about, there should be no babying it...it should be like that ever race....

I know they wont do reverse Championship grid qualifying races of 20 laps instead of qualifying but if they did and it looked like that every week with a mixed up grid....we can all dream....but sadly we are stuck with the Mercedes Tri-pointed star at the front of the grid in the current era...

Last edited:
How does one keep things legit with reverse grid Q? Hamilton....I have a tire vibration...Verstappen...Overheating.....suddenly they are 9th and 10th or 19th & 20th. Come raceday, all problems magicallly disappear.

How does one keep things legit with reverse grid Q? Hamilton....I have a tire vibration...Verstappen...Overheating.....suddenly they are 9th and 10th or 19th & 20th. Come raceday, all problems magicallly disappear.

Reverse grid means there is no qualifying session at all. The starting position for the race is the reverse order of the championship standings. So yes, it would solve many things :)

You are right, Gasly sucked. If he didn't have that absurd car he wouldn't have won the race.

He didnt suck, but he didnt do anything special to win the race other than avoiding mistakes and being extremely lucky with the SCs and red flag. And his car was at best 0.1 or 0.2s slower than the cars behind besides Bottas, so it's not that extraordinary that he kept them behind. Even Hamilton struggled to pass some cars despite being over a second quicker.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 110 12.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 83 9.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 80 9.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 56 6.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 115 13.4%