Formula One: Ferrari Accept FIA Verdict

A few minutes ago Ferrari announced that they are accepting the stance of the FIA in the Sebastian Vettel - Jean-Eric Vergne investigation which had caused lots of discussions both online and offline. Ferrari had requested the FIA to look into the incident around 24 hours ago.
The letter to the FIA was in no way intended to undermine the legality of the race result.

We received tens of thousands of queries relating to this matter from all over the world and it was incumbent on us to take the matter further, asking the Federation to look into an incident that could have cast a shadow over the championship in the eyes of all Formula 1 enthusiasts, not just Ferrari fans.

Ferrari duly takes note of the reply sent by the FIA this morning and therefore considers the matter now closed.​

The FIA released a statement regarding the situation as well and confirmed that the close is now definitely and officially closed.
The FIA received a letter from Scuderia Ferrari, seeking clarification on Sebastien Vettel's overtaking manoeuvre in Sao Paulo on Sunday. In the spirit of transparency and goodwill, the FIA wishes to make public the receipt of this letter.

The Federation also informs it has replied to Scuderia Ferrari, in the same constructive spirit, stating that as the overtaking manoeuvre was not in breach of the regulations, and therefore there was no infringement to investigate, it was not reported to the Stewards by Race Control.​

The situation was, however, pretty clear from the start and footage has clearly shown that Sebastian Vettel did not overtake under yellow. This is probably the closing to the exciting 2012 Formula 1 season which has seen many different winners, surprising results and lots of action.

See you “soon” for the 2013 Formula One Australian Grand Prix and in the mean time there is enough to talk about to keep you warm during the winter months in our ongoing debates in the F1 Forums.

[pictures: Red Bull Racing | Scuderia Ferrari]
View the Post on the Blog

what about Senna and Vettel crash thing? regardless of the unaffected results is the FIA going to blatantly overlook and ignore a contact that could of eventually affected 1 car to a DNF?

is the sport allowed contact now? has the world literally forgotten about it? no answer through the race and none after the race and season....am I missing something here?some even speculate that FIArrari now is FIAtel or FIAbull, not because of the Ferrari vs Vettel yellow flag zone, but because of the contact of Bruno and Sebastian ending up in a "nothing happened here" incident.

no BBC, no Sky, no Speed, no ESPN, not even the F1 official site seems to be concerned over that, I think we are owed an explanation of the outcome and rules after an incident such as that, but if there is no answer I guess we can all blame the greasy conditions.

and no this is nothign against RBR, is just shocking a non contact motor sport ruling body has no answer for a contact, maybe my broadcast tv station was playing mind games on me...:O_o:

I think it can be considered race indicent to be honest, yes Vettel didn't give enough room, but Senna was coming from very far and for me a "CAUSING COLLISION" would be too harsh, was not irresponsible maneuver.

I think it can be considered race indicent to be honest, yes Vettel didn't give enough room, but Senna was coming from very far and for me a "CAUSING COLLISION" would be too harsh, was not irresponsible maneuver.
Yes thats what im looking for a racing incident, but a hit like that is incident? it tends to end up at least gettin a slap in the wrist wouldnt u say?

What some people are saying is that Vettel is at fault, although I see not fault of his, they say he deliberately moved and turned towards Bruno, but wasnt Bruno already braking and gliding? Who knows, just a clear FIA answer woudl be sufficient, just sorta of suprised at them they havent even touched this subject adn payed 2 much attention to a Flag incident that was cleared on that day.

Just watch this please. So if Vettel is going slow like a duck people are not allowed to overtake him? He was just lucky there that Kimi was behind him!
Senna is next to him and on the racing line, Vettel just turns in like a noob.

the guy gets away with turning in on bruno senna and people say its sennas fault when it wasnt. this turn in was no different from spa incident on hamilton.
Seem there is favoritism for red bull.

the guy gets away with turning in on bruno senna and people say its sennas fault when it wasnt. this turn in was no different from spa incident on hamilton.
Seem there is favoritism for red bull.

Ok, I think we understood.

Somehow everyone in the FIA was / is against the FIA and Alonso will always be the true champion of 2012. Now that I've said that and promise you I'll talk everyone into believing that...can we end the whining about how unfair & biased the FIA was / is? :)

I don't remember that part of Vettel and Vergne, neither i think FIA helps any team, well, besides Mercedes sometimes. If there was a penalty for someone i guess would be for Vettel taking the inside and then got hit by Senna.
Anyway... guess a supersports car manufacturer doesn't like to lose races to an Energy Drinks company.

The Vettel-Senna crash was just a lap 1 type of incident, all the cars were bunched up and there's bound to be contact. It's not that the FIA just doesn't care about contact anymore, there's always bound to be some contact in the first lap, even more with the damp conditions that the race was in.

I've always thought that the FIA was a little lenient in terms of incidents in the opening laps. If they started punishing everyone from lap 1 onwards, then a lot of people would be penalized.

Formula 1 is no longer a sport imho , for it to be a sport we need to return to no team orders and then have a proper sporting code , so if you break a rule to change a result you get a huge fine for unsportsmanlike conduct . im just waiting for the fia and bernie to start throwing stuff on the track to get a nascar yellow at the endof the race.
formula one keeps trying to get itself shown as the best and cleaner and greener and in truth its moving further and further away from all of those areas ... its just an expensive piece of theatre these days

Andi

Formula 1 is no longer a sport imho , for it to be a sport we need to return to no team orders and then have a proper sporting code , so if you break a rule to change a result you get a huge fine for unsportsmanlike conduct . im just waiting for the fia and bernie to start throwing stuff on the track to get a nascar yellow at the endof the race.
formula one keeps trying to get itself shown as the best and cleaner and greener and in truth its moving further and further away from all of those areas ... its just an expensive piece of theatre these days

Andi
I agree with you in general, but there are plenty of sports with team orders, in fact in all the "team sports" there are team orders (the coach decides when to subsitute a player or what he should do in the field) and F1 is a team sport, starting with the engineers that have way more influence in the team performance than the driver.

Lol at the people asking for an investigation about turn 4 with Vettel and Vergne.

It was a race incident, plain and simple. Personally I think to many race incidents are being investigated and drivers getting a penalty. I'm watching 1994 championship during the downtime, and there are so many contacts there and no whiny investigation is going on. That's how the sport is meant to be, just let them race. Unless it's a blatant rule infringement then let them race and stop with the penalties. Same for mechanical failures such as gearbox change or what not. The driver shouldn't get penalized. I find it so frustrating that now every slightest touch is being "investigated" and almost always a driver gets a penalty.

What do you want, all cars to just drive in a line like a train so that there won't be any race incidents anymore?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 390 12.1%