Alright when was that again.....?

Ricciardo because once again he his the best driver of the season! Manages to put crappy Renault on 3rd place in the championship.

Oh man do you really think Ricardo is the best .. yesterday of course he got the third place as a gift, you can say the same about Max that he always puts them worthless Honda on place 3 or 2
ok, serious ... nothing to the detriment of Ric, I think he is a good racer and a sympathetic person. and without luck you will get nowhere

Last edited:
You're reading more into my sentence, I am a Merc fan. No hate there. This year is quite amazing in the gap they've pulled. And yes, the onus is on the other teams to catch up, especially since we're about 7 years in to the current turbo formula (Ferrari...everyone's looking at you). Just saying one team usually nails the combo, or the challengers can't get out of their own way (think McLaren during the Ferrari/Schumacher era). Makes for boring racing. At least MotoGP is not disappointing this year.
My bad.. Apologies... Merc fans don't argue with each other.... We leave that to others

Oh man do you really think Ricardo is the best .. yesterday of course he got the third place as a gift, you can say the same about Max that he always puts them worthless Honda on place 3 or 2
ok, serious ... nothing to the detriment of Ric, I think he is a good racer and a sympathetic person. and without luck you will get nowhere

Worthless Honda??? The same car that together with AMG Mercedes laped everyone early on this season??? Even Albon gets to stay close to Max if it wasnt for the lack of team support and some mistakes of his own.
Ricciardo has to fight the entire field with a crappy Renault and that's why he shows again he is the best.

Last edited:
Worthless Honda??? The same car that together with AMG Mercedes laped everyone early on this season??? Even Albon gets to stay close to Max if it wasnt for the lack of team support and some mistakes of his own.
Ricciardo has to fight the entire field with a crappy Renault and that's why he shows again he is the best.
Now I understand why there are people that actually believe the Earth is flat.

I don't disagree, but it is a matter of a general statement not specifically looking at individual teams or years, I am going back to before and including all of the years from 2000.
As the sport is now flooded with money, the scene is just more grey than it has ever been, so it is difficult to see into the muddy waters of greed and corruption.
Alonso, that was another soap opera with him and Lewis fighting behind the scenes for driver seat dominance, when Lewis was clearly favored by the totally narcissistic Ron.

Your point about Mercedes is in my view somewhat different in that a major manufacture having its tentacles reaching into all aspects of F1.
As opposed to a well-funded team like Benetton in the 1990s with its soap opera being more upfront and just mainly team-based. :)

There are a few exceptional drivers, well many maybe, who knows the real truth behind much of what goes on in this world.
What ends up in the media is what the media wants to be seen in the media, the truth has very little to do with our PR world, or life in general really, come to think of it they really don't care how farcical it is because they have all the upfront power. what are you going to do about it anyway attitude?

I am not saying it has not always been the case, it is now in 2020 got to the point of the king with no clothes, obvious farse.

Love Simracing, and really respect the "many" that are quicker than me, because it is by hard work and a gift carried out on a level playing field.:)

The end.

Last edited:
I guess you believe Vettel and Bottas drive different cars as well?
Ha, no, *that* I do not subscribe to. I think both Vettel and Bottas are getting beat fair and square by superior teammates.

My point is, the raison d'etre of the entire Racing Point enterprise is that it's a giant passion/ego project for a very wealthy man and his son. It's a project being done at a time and investment scale that would make normal people's heads explode, but we are dealing with normal levels of wealth (or, frankly, ego) here. So I remain open to the *possibility* that, yes, the team could possibly take decisions that benefit Lance to the detriment of his teammate and/or the overall team position.

Why do you think the Renault is crappy?, did you do a testing lap? The car is ok, only less to Merc.

Thank goodness for F1 TV's "RACE IN 30". No way I could stay focused for 90 minutes of a typical 2020 F1 race. For me, qualifying has more interesting content than the races on most weekends.

There were a lot of good drives, but I'll go for Lewis this time. He was going to win that race based solely on his speed at the end of the first stint.

You need to earn the points.. This is not Nascar.
But bringing a car home to the finish line is a achievement. It will heat up battles for the small teams. And more small teams will persevere over minor problems if there is points in it for them. It is like the teams at the back are just spinning around just to make the numbers.

kimi of course..kimi pits and 2 laps and berstappen crashes ..alfa made wrong decision to pit kimi. kimis plan was pit two laps later but alfa decide to pit him 2 laps too early..shame but kimi is gold. he is just having fun with his hobby.

Last edited:
But bringing a car home to the finish line is a achievement. It will heat up battles for the small teams. And more small teams will persevere over minor problems if there is points in it for them. It is like the teams at the back are just spinning around just to make the numbers.
This is a good point. For example, you might endure a headache a bit longer if there is a good reason to finish the race.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 93 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 128 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 173 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 341 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 472 39.0%