Alright when was that again.....?

Funny how when the season started, everyone was talking about how racing point was the next best car to Mercedes and it sure doesn't seem that way.

Obviously the Marx Bros. have taken over Ferrari's pit stops.

Last edited:
I'm not a Perez fan by any stretch, in fact I think he is pretty overrated, but he got absolutely robbed by his team. That pit stop call seemed dumb at the time and even dumber at the end. I was pretty disappointed because I wanted to see if he would challenge Bottas for second.

This is one of the few sports where second place complains about first place holding him up so third place can over take him. Its got ridiculous these days. Good to see some people know how to overtake at least.,

Last edited:
Do you really think they sacrifice WC Points just to lose Perez some places and not even falling behind Stroll?
I think they pitted him because they thought everybody else would as well. If he would not have pitted, the others, like Ricciardo, may would have, i think it was not an easy decision for the team. In hindsight its easy to say it was the wrong decision.

Honestly? Yeah, I think it's possible - it kept Perez off the podium, after all. I think *probably* you are right, it was a bad strategy call made in the heat of the moment...but, personally, I am willing to entertain the possibility other motivations could have factored in. As far as the WC points...yeah, those are worth serious money...serious money to you and me, but have you ever used one of those relative wealth calculator thingies where you can see how much $X seems to people with billions in net worth? The reality is, the Strolls can afford to make decisions worth millions and give them about the same amount of thought and analysis you or I would put into whether or not to buy the new iPhone.

Honestly? Yeah, I think it's possible - it kept Perez off the podium, after all. I think *probably* you are right, it was a bad strategy call made in the heat of the moment...but, personally, I am willing to entertain the possibility other motivations could have factored in. As far as the WC points...yeah, those are worth serious money...serious money to you and me, but have you ever used one of those relative wealth calculator thingies where you can see how much $X seems to people with billions in net worth? The reality is, the Strolls can afford to make decisions worth millions and give them about the same amount of thought and analysis you or I would put into whether or not to buy the new iPhone.
I guess you believe Vettel and Bottas drive different cars as well?

I voted for Lewis. He may not have got the best start and was fortunate not to collect Gasly after the start but he kept his foot in when Bottas and Max pitted.

He looked to have done enough to come out in front before the safety car and his restart was spot on.

He is in the best car and almost always delivers, huge respect.

I have always seen an eventual closing of the gap between the dominant team and the rest of the pack and within the pack.
That then is a time for the FIA to go for a supposed changing of the rules to make it easier for the lower teams to compete, guess what, all it has ever done is make it unfair again.
I also notice the occasional statement from driver number 2 over the past twenty years in the dominant teams especially. This starts to be noticeable irrespective of who that number 2 is, suggesting the unfair treatment of the number 2 driver to the number 1 driver, guess what, it always has to do with the driver's ability to create the highest-profile or revenue for the team.
I have also observed how Vettel was faultless when consecutively winning world championships as a number 1 driver in the fastest car, as soon as that was not the case he started to get flustered and make silly mistakes and not dominate any more. Put Hamilton in one of the slower teams you will see a completely different driver and a lot of temper tantrums.
I have had to because of my observation conclude that all it is a show to generate big bucks for the few, it is not in any way a sport, a level playing field, just basically a fix by the FIA and who pays them the most, probably all behind closed doors.
It is just not possible anymore to say who is or who is not the best driver, the world drivers championship is a farce at best.
The constructor championship is another matter entirely, a case of who can create the most money, who can prise the best people from other teams and universities, who can make the FIA bend to their point of view. So I agree with the F1 constructor's championship when it is shown for what it is and accepted for that, probably very similar to football.

long gone are the days of truly great drivers who put their life on the line, often backed by enthusiastic team people and genius race designers and engineers working away, quite often in sheds, struggling to find money to support it all.

I will have to now apologize, like Lando Norris had to for telling the truth. Sorry.

Last edited:
Do you really think they sacrifice WC Points just to lose Perez some places and not even falling behind Stroll?
I think they pitted him because they thought everybody else would as well. If he would not have pitted, the others, like Ricciardo, may would have, i think it was not an easy decision for the team. In hindsight its easy to say it was the wrong decision.
I agree it is difficult to imagine they wanted to ruin Pérez's race, but their decision was obviously stupid. This is Imola, not Monza or another track where it is easy to pass with fresh tyres. Also Pérez is a very good driver, but not the kind of aggressive overtaker to make 4 places in a handful of laps. He was stuck behind Raikkonen long enough to remind his team that he is no Verstappen or Ricciardo.

Last edited:
If i follow the end result it would be Lewis. If i voted for the driver that was a suprise it would be kyviat

For not spinning it would be vettel.

If i voted for the best crash would be russell. For overtaking it would be max on bottas.

But in the end i voted for the guy that drives that scooter that brings back angry stranded drivers.
Because he brings back drivers that crashed for tons of money get paid more but he dont crash

I voted for Lewis. He may not have got the best start and was fortunate not to collect Gasly after the start but he kept his foot in when Bottas and Max pitted.

He looked to have done enough to come out in front before the safety car and his restart was spot on.

He is in the best car and almost always delivers, huge respect.
I voted for Lewis because of his first stint. He got very lucky with the VSC, but that long first stint put him in a position to be able to capitalize.

I disagree... Racing is boring thanks to the other teams not doing a better job. I guess it's easier to hate the Mercs.

Why should the team who does a better job take the blame...it's FIA and the other teams responsibility.

You're reading more into my sentence, I am a Merc fan. No hate there. This year is quite amazing in the gap they've pulled. And yes, the onus is on the other teams to catch up, especially since we're about 7 years in to the current turbo formula (Ferrari...everyone's looking at you). Just saying one team usually nails the combo, or the challengers can't get out of their own way (think McLaren during the Ferrari/Schumacher era). Makes for boring racing. At least MotoGP is not disappointing this year.

I have always seen an eventual closing of the gap between the dominant team and the rest of the pack and within the pack.
That then is a time for the FIA to go for a supposed changing of the rules to make it easier for the lower teams to compete, guess what, all it has ever done is make it unfair again.
I also notice the occasional statement from driver number 2 over the past twenty years in the dominant teams especially. This starts to be noticeable irrespective of who that number 2 is, suggesting the unfair treatment of the number 2 driver to the number 1 driver, guess what, it always has to do with the driver's ability to create the highest-profile or revenue for the team.
I have also observed how Vettel was faultless when consecutively winning world championships as a number 1 driver in the fastest car, as soon as that was not the case he started to get flustered and make silly mistakes and not dominate any more. Put Hamilton in one of the slower teams you will see a completely different driver and a lot of temper tantrums.
I have had to because of my observation conclude that all it is a show to generate big bucks for the few, it is not in any way a sport, a level playing field, just basically a fix by the FIA and who pays them the most, probably all behind closed doors.
It is just not possible anymore to say who is or who is not the best driver, the world drivers championship is a farce at best.
The constructor championship is another matter entirely, a case of who can create the most money, who can prise the best people from other teams and universities, who can make the FIA bend to their point of view. So I agree with the F1 constructor's championship when it is shown for what it is and accepted for that, probably very similar to football.

long gone are the days of truly great drivers who put their life on the line, often backed by enthusiastic team people and genius race designers and engineers working away, quite often in sheds, struggling to find money to support it all.

I will have to now apologize, like Lando Norris had to for telling the truth. Sorry.
F1 should drop the drivers championship trophy since the there is no chance for a driver not on the Mercedes team to win over the course of a season. This has been the case most seasons however it has reached a point that it is ridiculous.

Well, Mercedes over the last seven years isn't proof of your theory (or let's say last four years, since 2017 brought some big changes as well). If anything, they have got better and extended the lead to the second best team. I actually think static rules combined with a large budget discrepancy may see the big teams getting stronger and the smaller ones weaker, as those who are already ahead can build on their previous year's concept. With major regulation changes, there is at least a bit of a mixup and a chance for a smaller team to get it right from the start.

If F1 owners want the show to improve, it's time for them to step in and actually force through some changes, as teams can never achieve any kind of consensus on their own. Even the budget caps would never have been agreed upon without the COVID-19 situation.

It was more or less never possible. I'd argue Alonso was the best driver between around 2006 to 2015, but what did he win exactly after 2006? A couple of odd races.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 133 13.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 103 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 95 9.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 71 7.0%
  • < 5 years