• 26000+ Members! Dear Guest, click this link to join the community on the official RaceDepartment Discord server

Who is your RaceDepartment Driver of the Day?

• Total voters

Formula One Eifel Grand Prix | Driver of the Day: Vote Now

Voting is now open for the RaceDepartment Eifel Grand Prix 'Driver of the Day'.

This weekend we returned to the Nürburgring for round seven of the 2020 Formula One calendar.

Our first visit to the Eifel mountains since 2013 saw collisions, mechanical failures, a safety car and action aplenty. The midfield battle heated up once more, setting us up for an exciting fight for third in the constructors' championship, with just six races remaining. Hopefully you enjoyed F1's return to the Nürburgring, and can now vote for your RaceDepartment Driver of the Day.

There are some good candidates for this weekend's Driver of the Day title. We saw some good racing, impressive landmarks being achieved, as well as a solid drive from Nico Hülkenberg, despite the German not having had the chance to practice before racing in place of the unwell Lance Stroll.

Let us know who you thought stood out today, and get some discussion going about the race.

Cover.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:
22. Software Engineer with experience in Formula One and Motorsport simulation.
Reactions: Bjay_23

Nick Hill

1000RPM
Premium
Oct 26, 2013
I went with Hulk. He had help from a lot of retirements, but he ran a good race I thought. I am a little surprised at the voting, I thought Ricciardo would be leading for sure. He drove a good race, but I think Renault has been inching towards a podium all season, I think today was just the day it happened for them.

Terry Rock

2000RPM
Oct 24, 2009
Much as I liked Nico's result and was glad to see him do well, I really had to give this one to Daniel. He deserved a good result after all this time. He had to fend off Checco to make it happen....not an easy task.

pcraenme

250RPM
Premium
Jun 26, 2011
Interesting to see Max only got one vote until now (not from me though), staying so close to Lewis and driving the fastest lap in the race. But, my vote went to Hulkenberg. Starting from the back, finishing 8th in a car he had only driven a few laps in qualy, not being able to work on his own setup, is impressive. Max and Daniel were very close to getting my vote as well, but there can be only one DotD!

Last edited:
Reactions: henri4 and atomed

motoliser

500RPM
Jan 12, 2018
Interesting to see Max only got one vote until now (not from me though), staying so close to Lewis and driving the fastest lap in the race. But, my vote went to Hulkenberg. Starting from the back, finishing 8th in a car he had only driven a few laps in qualy, not being able to work on his own setup, is impressive. Max and Daniel were very close to getting my vote as well, but there can be only one DotD!
That just shows how easy these cars are to drive now a days. Hulkenberg sucks...you can tell when you see baby faces like Max wining a race the first time they get into a competitive car!!

Last edited:

michelforest

500RPM
Mar 2, 2010
im half british , but albon is ****, lose him get a decent driver in redbull,. while they can
I don't know for sure is Albon is s****. I think his confidence is very low right now. Lots of people thought that Gasly was s*** last season when he was demoted to Toro Rosso. Maybe Albon should also be sent back to AT with Gasly in place of Kvyat. Get a good pro like Perez or Hulk at RBR for 2021.

Last edited:

Badwheels

25RPM
Premium
Jul 9, 2020
I voted for Nicolas Latifi. He just keeps losing and keeps driving.
But seriously, I was doing my best to support Albon, but when I heard
"These guys race me really hard", I knew there is no hope for him. He said the equivalent of "No Mas". He is shattered.

Bottas, I don't know what to say at this point.

Last edited:
Reactions: dave kirk

Terry Rock

2000RPM
Oct 24, 2009
2nd seat is a curse
There is just too much pressure from RBR to reach Max' level immediately. Max is naturally talented and very quick. The added pressure for any upcoming #2 to reach his level immediately is always going to be a problem. It causes them to make mistakes they don't seem to ordinarily make. That is not the seat for everyone. Look at Gasly now that he is not being so heavily scrutinized. He is proving to be a much more relaxed and thus... a better driver.

space.jazz

1RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Danny. Been rooting for him ever since he got Weber's seat. Vettel, as much as I like him, wasn't adapting to the hybrids and Daniel showed some good form. Then Max arrived and it all went to crap for Ric. Max was like a Manic Depressive. Moments of brilliance, moments of idiocy, but you could see the talent. And you could see RB could see.

Antony Snook

500RPM
Premium
Jul 16, 2011
The driver of the day was Riccardo. The Renault team have worked very hard to win as a manufacturer.

Maybe we should have vote for mooron of the race. Look at Kimi more GP's than any other driver and he dose something small and stupid each race race at least once.:confused:

What is your favorite social network?

• Twitter

Votes: 69 30.8%
  • Instagram

Votes: 85 37.9%
  • Facebook

Votes: 38 17.0%
  • Other (specify in thread)

Votes: 53 23.7%