Alright when was that again.....?

I think Albon might disagree with that statement :rolleyes:
Believe me, the situation with which Albon currently finds himself, with constantly being more than 30 seconds off his team mate, he doesn't have time to answer questions about Mr Hamilton. Never mind the fact that Albon himself knocked Magnussen off the track with another one of his risky moves that seldom work. He won't last long my friends, sorry???

It's both funny and sad that you people have to grasp at a small on-track skirmish to try and prove a point, but I understand that is your desperation, and frustration - meanwhile Lewis continues breaking old records and setting new ones, race after race, and season after season. He's breaking records that everyone thought were unbreakable, and he's got lots of years left -

Last edited by a moderator:
People forget that Hamilton doesn't make as many mistakes because he's rarely under pressure, thanks to that absurd merc. Brazil 2019 and Austria 2020 he was under pressure/pushing and he made 2 big mistakes on both ocasions...
Let's also remeber who had the greatest rookie season on record, let's also remember who tied Alonso for points at the end of that season. No one person is perfect, but he brings his car across the line - always.

Last edited:
Please Verstappen doesn't have enough ability to focus. He couldn't even keep his car on track at the A1 circuit during Q3 qualifying. What you Verstappen fans don't understand is that it takes much more than just being fast. Lewis is fast and skillful under wheel to wheel situations, and no one on the grid is better. I'm sorry, Verstappen is a quick driver, but nothing else about him impresses me. Lewis brings that car across the line 10 out of 10 times, and never leaves it on the track. I don't think that Verstappan, or anyone on the grid could do what Hamilton does with that car race after race.

As far as your ridiculous assumption of Bottas finishing first on any day is not a well thought out statement, because the only thing that saves Bottas from being past by Lewis on track, even if he was first on the startung grid is because Lewis can't pass, only because the mercs get way too hot. Lewis could pass anyone after about 2 laps if he didn't have to constantly cool his engine, cool his brakes, or stay off the chicanes. The mercs are great, but they have their fair share of problems. Even with that though Lewis had Verstappen crying on his radio in fear during the 2019 Hungarian GP, even though Hamilton's car was melting, and his brakes were crumbling. I watch it and it makes me bust out laughing. He did the same to Leclarc last season at the Italian GP. He had Leclerc illegally zigzagging and almost getting a black and white flag. Look, Rosberg said it - you don't want Lewis on your gearbox, and you should not make him angry either. These are Rosberg's exact words, and they are true.

Sorry, I don't even read this after finishing the first sentence. Because Verstappen is exceptional with focus. He perform superb, even growing in the race becoming faster (if the car is good), when others are getting lazy. If you don't notice, then there is no room for anything to talk about. Max is talent number 1 at the grid. :)

Jaques Villeneuve also finished his rookie season in second, and also won 4 races in his rookie year.
I like Villeneuve, but as a rookie, was he up against an already two-time WDC at the time? Did he concern that two time champion so much that the champion threatened his bosses to destroy his teammate's (Hamilton) car, and race in order to win himself? I still today have never heard of anyone doing anything like that before. It takes true fear to make someone do something so despicable. Shoot Lewis is so good that he ran a team mate out of the sport, after the team had just gifted him a championship.

Sorry, I don't even read this after finishing the first sentence. Because Verstappen is exceptional with focus. He perform superb, even growing in the race becoming faster (if the car is good), when others are getting lazy. If you don't notice, then there is no room for anything to talk about. Max is talent number 1 at the grid. :)
Hey, I don't sweat anything that Verstatppen does if you really want to know. I do however recall him doing one of the dumbest things that I have ever seen from any leader of any F1 race - getting into a tangle with the very last car on track and crashing out of the race.

You see Lewis protects his lead in a race. He protects it like it's his diary, or it like it was the only photo that he had left of a deceased loved one - you know, something that you cherish. You don't let anyone take it from you, and you don't do anything to lose it. That's what I like about Lewis, well that and the fact that he only respects one other driver who has ever lived - Senna.

I like Villeneuve, but as a rookie, was he up against an already two-time WDC at the time? Did he concern that two time champion so much that the champion threatened his bosses to destroy his teammate's (Hamilton) car, and race in order to win himself? I still today have never heard of anyone doing anything like that before. It takes true fear to make someone do something so despicable. Shoot Lewis is so good that he ran a team mate out of the sport, after the team had just gifted him a championship.

Oh so now all of a sudden the opposition matters?

Villeneuve was up against Schumacher, Hakkinen, and Hill, all champions, or to be champions, and arguably one of the best ever.

I think you are talented to write hagiographys, by the way you speak of him.

I will remind you also that Lewis did very little in the rest of his Mclaren stint, and that Button scored more points than him in the 3 seasons combined, and had the measure of him in many races. So either Button is one of the best ever, or Hamilton is not that great, you pick.

Villeneuve finished second in his rookie season and then beat Schumacher on next year, are you talking about him?
Yeah, but Schumacher isn't the best benchmark to use since he is currently known, and throughout his career as a cheater. The guy would do just about any deplorable thing to win making him more of an albatross to himself rather than a legend.

Oh so now all of a sudden the opposition matters?

Villeneuve was up against Schumacher, Hakkinen, and Hill, all champions, or to be champions, and arguably one of the best ever.

I think you are talented to write hagiographys, by the way you speak of him.

I will remind you also that Lewis did very little in the rest of his Mclaren stint, and that Button scored more points than him in the 3 seasons combined, and had the measure of him in many races. So either Button is one of the best ever, or Hamilton is not that great, you pick.
I like button, and I take nothing from him. He's a great driver and a nice guy I believe. Having said that he was also an experienced driver by comparison and had a ton of different drivers to face in the past, something like 8 or 9 different team mates on 5 different teams. That's a ton of experience.

Even still everyone knew that Lewis was the better driver. He was much quicker than Button their whole time together. Overall, Button scored more points over the three seasons, scored more podiums and had more points finishes. Hamilton had more poles, more wins and finished ahead much more often, so what is your point? I mean even today you can see how Button is in awe of what Lewis is doing when he interviews him after races.

Last edited:
I like button, and I take nothing from him. He's a great driver and a nice guy I believe. Having said that he was also an experienced driver by comparison and had a ton of different drivers to face in the past, something like 8 or 9 different team mates on 5 different teams. That's a ton of experience.

Even still everyone knew that Lewis was the better driver. He was much quicker than Button their whole time together. Overall, Button scored more points over the three seasons, scored more podiums and had more points finishes. Hamilton had more poles, more wins and finished ahead much more often, so what is your point? I mean even today you can see how Button is at awe of what Lewis is doing when he interviews him after races.

Now now, let's be objective here, Button indeed scored more points over the 3 seasons, and over the 3 seasons it was 10 to 8 victories in favor of Hamilton. Now that 's not exactly a landslide is it? If anything, it proves they were very equal.

So again, either Button is one of the best drivers ever, or Hamilton is not that great. It also proves that if was Button enjoying that Mercedes (or Alonso)both of those drivers would also have all these "records" you talk about.

See how things start to sound a bit different when we throw some objectiveness into things?

Discussions of "best ever" are ridiculous in motorsports, and they will always be, because the car is a HUGE part of the equation, even on supposedly spec series.

Now now, let's be objective here, Button indeed scored more points over the 3 seasons, and over the 3 seasons it was 10 to 8 victories in favor of Hamilton. Now that 's not exactly a landslide is it? If anything, it proves they were very equal.

So again, either Button is one of the best drivers ever, or Hamilton is not that great. It also proves that if was Button enjoying that Mercedes (or Alonso)both of those drivers would also have all these "records" you talk about.

See how things start to sound a bit different when we throw some objectiveness into things?

Discussions of "best ever" are ridiculous in motorsports, and they will always be, because the car is a HUGE part of the equation, even on supposedly spec series.
I'm being objective - how about you? A win is a win, 10 is greater than 8. One thing certainly is for sure, and many have said it. The young Lewis isn't nearly as good as the present Lewis. He's more patient and much more experienced. He critiques himself after every race and season, which is why he gets better. He always wants to improve over his last performance, and he usually does. That is why he is practically bulletproof today.

Yes a win is a win, and more points are more points. So Button is better, since points is what matters in the end right?

Don't bother replying, i am sure you will just try to find more stats that help your cause :)
No, I quite agree, points are what Formula One racing is predicated, but as far as the two drivers it didn't change the optics to those who mattered in the sport. Top teams continued wanting Lewis and no one else as their top driver, the same as McLaren. The teams aren't fans, they're experienced people who know what to look for in a desirable and skilled driver. I guess that would explain why Mercedes sent Niki...

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.5%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 325 27.8%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 458 39.2%