Alright when was that again.....?

That wasn't the point I was making, but yes we can agree to disagree.
So what about the footballers taking the knee and other sportsmen and women why fasten on Hamilton?
Because this is a racing forum, not soccer or what ever. I only want to say, the effect on kneeling every race looses it’s effect, that’s all. The protest hype is over, so everything is cooling down, that’s all.

Honestly I don't see what Verstappen is lacking except for a better car. He's been consistency delivering top performances and his mistakes are a thing of the past.

Intelligence, or maturity - I'm not sure which one it is, but he lacks something right now. The mistakes are still happening, despite this being his 5th year in F1. It could be that his ego gets in the way of his reasoning. He just seems incapable of seeing the bigger picture sometimes.

What's to change in F1? Black people are fairly represented, amongst the drivers, at least. 5% of the drivers are black (or half black / half white), and the UK has between 3-4% black population, at the last count.

Why isn't he campaining to get women into F1 cars? Or disabled people? Working on his logic, as he is not campaining against sexism in F1, then he must support it :unsure:

Why isn't he campaining to get women into F1 cars? Or disabled people? Working on his logic, as he is not campaining against sexism in F1, then he must support it
I suppose like most people he will campaign for something he's familiar with or had experience of. At this point in time BLM is the zeitgeist.

That's 2018 Verstappen that you are talking about. He doesn't make more mistakes than Hamilton anymore and it looks to me that he does see the big picture as well as anybody else. His driving is good enough to open strategic options to RBR during a race, and this is the mark of a top driver - in addition to his qualification pace.

I am a fan of Hamilton but not enough to forget that Verstappen in his 4th season is doing clearly better than Hamilton during 2011-2012.

Max has grown a lot as a driver in last year, much more mature. I think he is someone who we will hear about. I think also LeClerc is a great talent, sadly the car is crap lately :(

I never liked Hamilton, but I never denied that he belongs to F1 greats! Sure, having best car out there helps , but great driver plays a part in car being great.

It would be interesting to see him go into a lower tier team to see if he cat push that team into making winning car , but I don't see a benefit for him in doing this, unless he does it for the challenge of it

He's the best driver that makes the best team even better. He's the only driver that could bring Mercedes the success that they currently enjoy.

No. even Bottas could end up 1st or 2nd all day long, but he is 2 tiers lower. Any 1 lower tier driver then Hamilton would also win every race almost. Just watch how different the Mercedes starts to behave when it is not in front. Gives them much advantage to Q 1-2 mostly.

Check how fast Stroll could drive, only because of the car.

Hamilton doesn't have to fight for track position and dealing with a hard handling car for 96% of it's races. With Verstappen in a Mercedes Hamilton and Verstappen will fight hard for position. He is a step up compared to Rosberg, and 2 steps up compared Bottas. But probably Verstappen is 1 step up compared to Hamilton.

Intelligence, or maturity - I'm not sure which one it is, but he lacks something right now. The mistakes are still happening, despite this being his 5th year in F1. It could be that his ego gets in the way of his reasoning. He just seems incapable of seeing the bigger picture sometimes.

Don’t you agree, keeping up with the Merc’s you have to race with a knife between your teeth, he is now the only one who can keepup a bit with the Merc’s, and that’s not the Redbull, which is missing a half sec a lap, and the offcourse mistakes can happen.
chears mate:thumbsup:

Yeah, that's a fair point. I think Vettel is making more mistakes now he is having to fight the car, too. The car doesn't suit his style anymore so he is having to push harder to keep up.

I just think that Verstappen is involved in quite a few incidents that are the result of poor judgement, even if they are decisions that have to be made in a split-second. Whether to defend a corner or wait for DRS on the next straight, whether to lunge into a corner...

I honestly think he still has a long way to go before he is fully developed as a racer. He may be a fast driver but sometimes he makes the wrong decisions :unsure:

A driver is far more likely to make mistakes when he has to constantly be on the limit to try and compete with drivers who can stay ahead with less committment because their car is superior.

Yeah, that's a fair point. I think Vettel is making more mistakes now he is having to fight the car, too. The car doesn't suit his style anymore so he is having to push harder to keep up.

I just think that Verstappen is involved in quite a few incidents that are the result of poor judgement, even if they are decisions that have to be made in a split-second. Whether to defend a corner or wait for DRS on the next straight, whether to lunge into a corner...

I honestly think he still has a long way to go before he is fully developed as a racer. He may be a fast driver but sometimes he makes the wrong decisions :unsure:

True, he has his dad’s dna, Jos does not hasetate? To hit his dad out of a chair :p
MADMAX. But “ that long way, is not that long anymore”
Lets see what this weekend will bring, it will be closer because of the heat.

No. even Bottas could end up 1st or 2nd all day long, but he is 2 tiers lower. Any 1 lower tier driver then Hamilton would also win every race almost. Just watch how different the Mercedes starts to behave when it is not in front. Gives them much advantage to Q 1-2 mostly.

Check how fast Stroll could drive, only because of the car.

Hamilton doesn't have to fight for track position and dealing with a hard handling car for 96% of it's races. With Verstappen in a Mercedes Hamilton and Verstappen will fight hard for position. He is a step up compared to Rosberg, and 2 steps up compared Bottas. But probably Verstappen is 1 step up compared to Hamilton.
Please Verstappen doesn't have enough ability to focus. He couldn't even keep his car on track at the A1 circuit during Q3 qualifying. What you Verstappen fans don't understand is that it takes much more than just being fast. Lewis is fast and skillful under wheel to wheel situations, and no one on the grid is better. I'm sorry, Verstappen is a quick driver, but nothing else about him impresses me. Lewis brings that car across the line 10 out of 10 times, and never leaves it on the track. I don't think that Verstappan, or anyone on the grid could do what Hamilton does with that car race after race.

As far as your ridiculous assumption of Bottas finishing first on any day is not a well thought out statement, because the only thing that saves Bottas from being past by Lewis on track, even if he was first on the startung grid is because Lewis can't pass, only because the mercs get way too hot. Lewis could pass anyone after about 2 laps if he didn't have to constantly cool his engine, cool his brakes, or stay off the chicanes. The mercs are great, but they have their fair share of problems. Even with that though Lewis had Verstappen crying on his radio in fear during the 2019 Hungarian GP, even though Hamilton's car was melting, and his brakes were crumbling. I watch it and it makes me bust out laughing. He did the same to Leclarc last season at the Italian GP. He had Leclerc illegally zigzagging and almost getting a black and white flag. Look, Rosberg said it - you don't want Lewis on your gearbox, and you should not make him angry either. These are Rosberg's exact words, and they are true.

Last edited:
he is just a middle driver nothin special,if u compare with teammate Lance which another joke about f1 drivers ...well enuff said

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 102 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 184 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 363 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 503 39.0%