RD Series on Simracing.GP

Daily WTCR races on Simracing.GP Weekly GT3 Endurance races on Simracing.GP Weekly GT3 Sprint Races on Simracing.GP Weekly GT4 Sprint Races on Simracing.GP

Formula One British Grand Prix | Driver of the Day: Vote Now

Slapped

Premium
Mercedes Team Radio - last lap

LH: I think there’s a problem with the car.

Bono: OK Lewis, what’s the issue?

LH: The car just feels off, like it’s too good, it’s not challenging anymore.

Bono: We suspected this would happen at this point of the race. Go program mode RR, program mode RR Lewis

LH: What’s program mode RR.

Bono: Reliant Robin.

LH: YEEAH, Nice one Bono.

Bono: Get in there, Lewis.

The Tyre that is finally really gone :D
After i don't even know how many times in previous races Hamilton would say.. slightly affraid..
These tires are not going to make it. But they always did in the end, mostly just trying to influence the competition.
Verstappen would also be driving a carcass if they did not pit him.
As i suspect the Merc to be a bit better than the RB.

motoliser

@Simberia
Hamilton for sure driver of the day!! It really isnt easy to win when your own team jeopardizes your race. Poor Bottas!! Screwed yet again also by his own team. Still Max can't get a victory even with the Gods help.

Patrik Marek

Premium
one more lap and I would be so much more happy, but yeah, for really super boring racing, it was quite amazing few last laps

Kurvz

Premium
As for the Max and Lewis Hamilton topic, I think Max has more raw talent than Lewis and thats saying something as Lewis also has plenty for sure.

I think if you really pit them next to each other Lewis is the winner as he is the more complete and polished driver, with years more experience lewis is becoming if not all ready the best whether you like him or not, whether hes had the best machine or not its irrelevant he still an amazing driver of a very high calibre.

Yes the new crop of youngsters Max leading the way are exciting to watch, and are a credit to F1, you can not dismiss what Hamilton has achieved, no matter what you drive you still need some talent and hes has plenty.

For the record Im a Max fan, but I can see he is still a rough diamond and will continue to polish out and be come one of the great also if not the best.

On track lewis is an unbelievable driver and usually the best ambassador for F1 worldwide

As for the Max and Lewis Hamilton topic, I think Max has more raw talent than Lewis and thats saying something as Lewis also has plenty for sure.

I think if you really pit them next to each other Lewis is the winner as he is the more complete and polished driver, with years more experience lewis is becoming if not all ready the best whether you like him or not, whether hes had the best machine or not its irrelevant he still an amazing driver of a very high calibre.

Yes the new crop of youngsters Max leading the way are exciting to watch, and are a credit to F1, you can not dismiss what Hamilton has achieved, no matter what you drive you still need some talent and hes has plenty.

For the record Im a Max fan, but I can see he is still a rough diamond and will continue to polish out and be come one of the great also if not the best.

On track lewis is an unbelievable driver and usually the best ambassador for F1 worldwide

Wow!! It not easy to be unbiased. Credit to you . Totally argree with you.

Wish more fans were like you.

You don't know until you put them in the same car. What makes it even more difficult to measure is the fact that Max races against rookie team-mates, which we have no idea how they would fare against other drivers on the grid. All those Red Bull "second line" drivers (Albon, Gasly & Kvyat) never drove against anyone but themselves and Max, so it's a complete unknown how they would measure up against even someone like Ocon or Perez. You also have Leclerc who is constantly beating his four times world champion team-mate at least in raw pace, so he's definitely up there as well talent-wise.

Fat-Alfie

Premium
Honestly I don't see what Verstappen is lacking except for a better car. He's been consistency delivering top performances and his mistakes are a thing of the past.

Intelligence, or maturity - I'm not sure which one it is, but he lacks something right now. The mistakes are still happening, despite this being his 5th year in F1. It could be that his ego gets in the way of his reasoning. He just seems incapable of seeing the bigger picture sometimes.

That's 2018 Verstappen that you are talking about. He doesn't make more mistakes than Hamilton anymore and it looks to me that he does see the big picture as well as anybody else. His driving is good enough to open strategic options to RBR during a race, and this is the mark of a top driver - in addition to his qualification pace.

I am a fan of Hamilton but not enough to forget that Verstappen in his 4th season is doing clearly better than Hamilton during 2011-2012.

Patrik Marek

Premium
Max has grown a lot as a driver in last year, much more mature. I think he is someone who we will hear about. I think also LeClerc is a great talent, sadly the car is crap lately :(

I never liked Hamilton, but I never denied that he belongs to F1 greats! Sure, having best car out there helps , but great driver plays a part in car being great.

It would be interesting to see him go into a lower tier team to see if he cat push that team into making winning car , but I don't see a benefit for him in doing this, unless he does it for the challenge of it

He's the best driver that makes the best team even better. He's the only driver that could bring Mercedes the success that they currently enjoy.

No. even Bottas could end up 1st or 2nd all day long, but he is 2 tiers lower. Any 1 lower tier driver then Hamilton would also win every race almost. Just watch how different the Mercedes starts to behave when it is not in front. Gives them much advantage to Q 1-2 mostly.

Check how fast Stroll could drive, only because of the car.

Hamilton doesn't have to fight for track position and dealing with a hard handling car for 96% of it's races. With Verstappen in a Mercedes Hamilton and Verstappen will fight hard for position. He is a step up compared to Rosberg, and 2 steps up compared Bottas. But probably Verstappen is 1 step up compared to Hamilton.

Intelligence, or maturity - I'm not sure which one it is, but he lacks something right now. The mistakes are still happening, despite this being his 5th year in F1. It could be that his ego gets in the way of his reasoning. He just seems incapable of seeing the bigger picture sometimes.

Don’t you agree, keeping up with the Merc’s you have to race with a knife between your teeth, he is now the only one who can keepup a bit with the Merc’s, and that’s not the Redbull, which is missing a half sec a lap, and the offcourse mistakes can happen.
chears mate:thumbsup:

Fat-Alfie

Premium
Yeah, that's a fair point. I think Vettel is making more mistakes now he is having to fight the car, too. The car doesn't suit his style anymore so he is having to push harder to keep up.

I just think that Verstappen is involved in quite a few incidents that are the result of poor judgement, even if they are decisions that have to be made in a split-second. Whether to defend a corner or wait for DRS on the next straight, whether to lunge into a corner...

I honestly think he still has a long way to go before he is fully developed as a racer. He may be a fast driver but sometimes he makes the wrong decisions :unsure: