Alright when was that again.....?

What a fantastic start to the season. I personally found the race really exciting, wish Max was able to pull off the win but good on Lewis for being able to hold on. I do really hope they sort the ambiguity around track limits in the remaining racing / sessions. It seems like it should be straight forward you are on or off. None of this perceived "gaining benefit". All of that aside I was also impressed by Sergios drive from the pit lane to P5. I was also happy to see Lando and Danny Ric have a strong showing for Mclaren. Should be a fun season ahead :). Sucks the next race isn't for 3 weeks.

I'm not sure if you're mean ok'ish in a positive or negative way (it can go either way in my mind), but I actually think he did really good all things considered...Especially since this was his first race with Red Bull, he started last from the pits and still brought home 10 points to Max's 18.
Both. He was good in the race and unlucky with the ctrl/alt/delete car problem, but his race was compromised from the start from what I see as a slightly poor qualifying.

Reactions: BP
It's a tough call...Lando was close to a podium, but considering Bottas was 15 to 20 seconds behind the fight for first, then Lando was seriously behind as well. Perez fought back very well after starting from the pits to take 5th. Hamilton did an impressive job defending against Max on older Hards for 5 laps.

Overall though, my vote is Tsunoda...first F1 race and scores points, had some nice overtakes too, will definitely be watching his career. and the only rookie that kept the car on track...and Schumacher is the F2 champ lol

• Deleted member 379375

Hamilton was really masterful, that was a great win.

I'm a Pérez fan, but ending 5th in that car is not so great.

Agreed,
Yet another top drive from Lewis. Underestimate him at your peril.

Looking forward to Perez getting closer to Max.

Max may be disappointed but he will win championships and races like today's will make them all the sweeter

I'm a Pérez fan, but ending 5th in that car is not so great.

Seriously? even when departing from the back of the grid? what Checo did today is phenomenal as it was in 2020. I do not see a lot of drivers doing that in this era. This kind of "remontada" is a sign of the greatest pilots (Alex for exemple never demosnstrated this in his time behind the wheel) and when Checo will tune this car his way, I ampretty sure 33 will have some competition within his own team despite team orders...

Last edited:
I’m absolutely sick to the back teeth of seeing Mercedes win... that said... it was a very exciting race! Really enjoyed it. Lewis really seemed pumped and excited that he’d actually had to fight for it for a change too after the race. Refreshing for all involved I think.

Driver of the day for me is Perez. Great recovery drive. Shame that his issue on the formation lap which cost the race one lap, may have made the difference to Max’s race in the end.

Nice to see Alonso back and shame to see Vettel making the same old mistakes :(

As for Mazepin ... he needs to sit down and review his entire weekend. These guys are ALL meant to be best of the best. He needs to have a word with himself.

I've just run the replay and track details back. Hamilton gained more than 0.31 seconds per lap by going wide at turn four thirty-eight times until he was eventually told to stop. Max went wide six times after Horner told him to do so because Mercedes were breaking the regulation so often stewards clearly did not care. 0.31 x 38 = 11.78 seconds
Anyone care to comment on why Michael Masi is once again only enforcing the rules he himself wrote once Mercedes are in trouble. That makes five races in a row he has done this with other examples earlier in 2020; the worst example was Silverstone 2020 were the safety rule on a car with tyre damage being allowed to complete the race was ignored. I believe it is time for a formal inquiry, if only to clear Masi's name. (or bury him, either way is fine.)
Comments please.

Last edited:
Race control be like:

53i1p6.jpg

Perez drove one hell of a race tho.
Is it possible Michael Masi has shares in Merc?

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 106 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 147 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 279 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 407 40.0%