Alright when was that again.....?

Screenshot_20210328-184123.jpg

Shout out to Toro Rosso who remarkably scored two points despite not being on the grid.

If that's the price to keep Haas financially afloat, I'm willing to accept the regular Safety Car on lap 1. We can't afford to lose the 10th team. Imaging F1 with only 9 teams. Yuck.

It would still have 2 more cars on the grid than DTM had last year. Anyway...

I voted Lando, because I'm a fan of his and Mclaren, and he did well today, holding very much his own against his way more experienced team mate, of whom I'm also a fan. Mclaren is really beginning to show promise again, and are cementing their place as the "third" team, and who knows maybe it'll be the "second" team come the end of the season.

Nevertheless if I was to objectively cast my vote, which I will do in the future, then Checo simply stormed it - hats off to him.

I don't think so. He never seemed completely at ease with the Mercedes the whole weekend. Anyway, I admit that my mind is made up about Bottas: he's a good 2nd driver but nowhere near as good as Hamilton or Max.
Agree with you there, but first thing Mercedes want is the construction lead not their one and two drivers constantly fighting each other.

So from their perspective the synergy to date has been perfect for them - coming second in 2020, I think cements this partnership.

Agree with you there, but first thing Mercedes want is the construction lead not their one and two drivers constantly fighting each other.

So from their perspective the synergy to date has been perfect for them - coming second in 2020, I think cements this partnership.

Yes, but I wonder how long do they want to keep Russell at Williams? And for how long is Russell under contract to Mercedes anyway? If he is a free agent in 2022, he could get some very nice offers from a rival team, no?

Last edited:
Pot
Yes, but I wonder how long do they want to keep Russell at Williams? And for how long is Russell under contract to Mercedes anyway? If he is a free agent in 2022, he could get some very nice offers from a rival team, no?
Potentially, sitting second fiddle to Hamilton until he hangs up his boots for a few gap years before returning like the trend seems to be :)

Excellent race, amazing battle there at the end!! Although I'm not a fan of the red team, it's good they have gained some pace and Leclerc definitely punching above his weight as always. I think Carlos and Danny Ric will find more pace as they get more comfortable. Lando getting that close to the podium with P4 is really great; but based on today's performance I doubt McLaren will be able to fight for outright wins this year but hopefully their progress will carry over to 2022. To me, the guy to watch this year is Tsunoda...that kid's got some good moves and is pretty fast. Let's see if he can be consistent for a season.

So what did that teach us?

- Perez ok'ish

I'm not sure if you're mean ok'ish in a positive or negative way (it can go either way in my mind), but I actually think he did really good all things considered...Especially since this was his first race with Red Bull, he started last from the pits and still brought home 10 points to Max's 18.

Last edited:
I gave it to Perez, great race for him. I was very critical of his performance in qualifying, but he really got after it in the race - nice work!

As far as Max having to give the position back, that's absolutely the right call. Track limits in modern F1 are a joke (and not a funny one), but you absolutely cannot be allowed to make a pass while off track. It wasn't a Max thing, it wasn't a Lewis thing - it was a "you can't drive off track to make a pass" thing.

The solution if course would be to enforce track limits each and every time no matter what, because then there would be nothing to complain about but, alas, the FIA seems to like it this way.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 343 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 174 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 293 13.3%