Formula One: 2019 Azerbaijan Grand Prix

Does anyone knows what is the tyre rule in this case: leclerc crashed in Q2 with the tyre he did his fastest lap and qualified for Q3. Does that mean he will have to start the race with that tyre (which is probably in very bad conditions, if not destroyed)? Or will him be able to use a fresh new tyre of his choice starting in 9th position (giovanase punished)? If the later, then he will have great chances for this race

Does anyone knows what is the tyre rule in this case: leclerc crashed in Q2 with the tyre he did his fastest lap and qualified for Q3. Does that mean he will have to start the race with that tyre (which is probably in very bad conditions, if not destroyed)? Or will him be able to use a fresh new tyre of his choice starting in 9th position (giovanase punished)? If the later, then he will have great chances for this race
I think if his set is destroyed, he can start with other set but must be the same tyre compound.

The track is making the drivers work, can't be bad as long as it's safe.
Nothing dangerous looking so far, and a cheeky safety car or two tomorrow may brighten up the day as it usually does :thumbsup:

Last edited:
If you are not able make a corner which is 7,5 meters wide victory may bee bit too much to hope ;)
Thats not a reasonable comment(IMO).
If you watch it on TV then you can see that they have only a few msec to time the turn in.
If you time it too early (like Kubica) you touch the wall before the corner and loose control - and if you time it too late you end up as Leclerc.
Eventhough they are F1 drivers their brain-muscle control have to obey the law of physics;)

Sad for Leclerc, but I have a lot of respect for the way he handled the situation afterwards. Honest, humble, apologetic. I hope he can retain that nice attitude.

Never been a Ferrari fan, but I am quickly becoming a Charles Leclerc fan :thumbsup:

"If you are not able make a corner which is 7,5 meters wide victory may bee bit too much to hope"

Right on - the winner could be the one who keeps it clean tomorrow. It's no good being fast if you collect the barriers along the way :cool:

Thats not a reasonable comment(IMO).
If you watch it on TV then you can see that they have only a few msec to time the turn in.
If you time it too early (like Kubica) you touch the wall before the corner and loose control - and if you time it too late you end up as Leclerc.
Eventhough they are F1 drivers their brain-muscle control have to obey the law of physics;)

Totally agree with regards to Kubica, however in Leclerc's case his problem was too much speed due to locking up, and then fully committed to it when he should've taken the escape road...wasn't bad timing per se, just a bad decision.

So far this is the same as last year, Ferrari has the fastest car but keeps dropping the ball, Leaving Mercedes to run away it. ............... Ethier way it's going to be a good race, I believe we might get a couple of safety car moments, I feel Max can win this one.

FP3 , top times all are on softs
View attachment 303247
While Merc is obviously sandbagging , but the Qualy will be Ferrari 1-2 like Bahrain
Now that i have you attention to my lack of prediction talent lol

D5MUJ9dX4AAmhi-.jpg

it's too late , i have to post it earlier to prevent leclerc crash:(

Last edited:
For F1 noobs, it's easy to believe Croft when he says Merc genuinely believe Ferrari will dominate here. Pfft! Sandbags every outing I must say.

And Charles Lecrec should know when he keeps saying "I'm so stupid!"... It get engraved in his mind and people's memories too. Someday it will eventually become a fact. I say he needs to stop acting like a puppy. Become the alpha wolf already and call everyone out the idiots but not himself. SMH

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 138 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 191 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 377 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 517 38.8%