F1 2010 Formula One 2010 - First real screens + Release date

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
A new generation of FORMULA ONE games will come to high definition consoles and PC later this year as Codemasters today announced that F1 2010 will be released this September for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 computer entertainment system and PC.

ffff1.jpg

Full size

[PRBREAK][/PRBREAK]

As the official game of the 2010 FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP™, F1 2010 will include all of the official teams, drivers and circuits from the coming season. F1 2010 will feature the return of seven times FORMULA 1 Drivers’ World Champion Michael Schumacher, the introduction of several new teams, and the brand new Korean International Circuit that will host the 2010 FORMULA 1 KOREAN GRAND PRIX.

ffff2.jpg

Full size

The September launch will see F1 2010 become the first official FORMULA ONE game to appear for Xbox 360 and marks the return of FORMULA ONE to PC after an eight year absence. The arrival of the HD editions of FORMULA ONE follows Codemasters’ extremely successful launch of F1 2009 for Wii and PSP, which became a top five best seller throughout the past holiday period.

In F1 2010 gamers will take on the full, expanded grid in a variety of game modes including GRAND PRIX, Championship, Time Trial and an extensive, innovative Career mode. F1 2010 will also feature a highly advanced damage model, fully dynamic weather system and extensive competitive multiplayer options.

In production at Codemasters Studios Birmingham, F1 2010 is being developed using the EGO Game Technology Platform, Codemasters’ proprietary tech that powered the critically acclaimed, million-plus selling Colin McRae: DiRT 2 and Race Driver: GRID. The award-winning technology has been further developed to accurately recreate the unique aerodynamics and handling of 200MPH+ FORMULA ONE cars. The tech combined with Codemasters’ unprecedented access to FORMULA ONE teams and drivers will ensure that F1 2010 delivers the most authentic FORMULA ONE racing experience yet. F1 2010 will be released September 2010 for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC.

I'm happy that they won't hurry up to release it earlier. They will release it after seeing the true performance's of the cars and lots of testing.

Really looking forward to see it :smile:

Well I waited for F1 2009 for PC last year (since Dicember 2008) and I did not got what I was waiting for so to wait for a F1 2010 game for PC won't be so hard to do BUT I hope they release the game for PC or I will get mad like I did last year. (and I hope the game is not connected to steam (I just dont like the steam function IMO))

Konrad Stanczak;499053 said:
No, you must have seen F1 2009 for PSP an Wii, those are not the most powerfull platforms at this moment

If they had done a good job with the PSP Version then we could at least hope for a good PC version, but Codemasters F1 2009 for the PSP is pretty poor. There are much better driving games for the PSP. So it doesn't bode well for their PC version. It wont even get close to Simbin's stuff.

Lets hope it doesnt get close tbh. You can say about codemasters what you want, but at least they release a finished game without a ton of bugs that need to be patched every month.

They did an amazing job with DIRT2 and if they continue down the same route they can make a game that appeals to everybody, regardless if they are arcade or simmers.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 389 16.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 262 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 252 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 183 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 310 13.0%