F1 1979 Mod

Cars F1 1979 Mod 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
JzAr8 submitted a new resource:

Formula One 1979 Mod - F1 1979 for Automobilista

View attachment 482509

SEASON SUMMARY:
After the domination of Lotus in the 1978 F1 Championship, and the incredible innovation of Ground Effect, the rest of the teams scrambled to implement Ground Effect into their chassis for 1979.

At the first race in Buenos Aires, 4 other teams came prepared with Ground Effect cars to challenge Lotus; Tyrrell, Ligier, McLaren and Arrows. Every team competed for the front along with Lotus, except for Arrows. However, they...

Read more about this resource...

I found a little problem on the steering wheels of the ferrari on the TV cam: for some reason there is a 2° steering wheels that doesnt move

I haven't tested other cars so idk if this problem is on them as well

1624120400861.png

Last edited:
Doesn't work, due to mas error.

In *.gen files, there is this :
MASFile=common_79.mas
MASFile=tyres 79.mas
MAS File=tachs 79.mas

This mas files are not in your pack, why?

Doesn't work, due to mas error.

In *.gen files, there is this :
MASFile=common_79.mas
MASFile=tyres 79.mas
MAS File=tachs 79.mas

This mas files are not in your pack, why?
lol i forgot about those files. let me update it and ill put them in.

Hi, I like your mod !
but I have problems with the tracks; when I tried to load them I had that message "Error opening MAS file LONGBEACH79.MAS, and I have the same problem with zandvoort too, and after the message there is a CTD, what could I do ?

Loving the mod... but shouldn't you be trying to use AMS's turbo simulation for the Renault?
Instead of the old powercurve, AMS itself could simulate the turbo's behaviour... which is vastly more accurate.

Loving the mod... but shouldn't you be trying to use AMS's turbo simulation for the Renault?
Instead of the old powercurve, AMS itself could simulate the turbo's behaviour... which is vastly more accurate.
Yeah i would love to use AMS turbo, but i dont have a good enough understanding of the turbo parameters, and the engine files made by gpc were competent enough. But if i ever were to get around to it, I will make renault turbos

Last edited:
This seems to be just an rfactor mod that has been "ported", I use that word very loosely. It may work for some but it doesn't for me. Most of the tracks fail to load and crash AMS, the car steering rotation appears to be way too small and FFB is all over the place.

Shame because really one of the reasons why I re-installed AMS was this mod.

I'm using a t300, win 11, crew chief's plugin for VR and my ams build is pretty clean since I only re-installed recently. All stock content works flawlessly, mods such as Cart extreme and anything from the ISO group work perfectly too, so I don't think it's my setup.

I've unistalled for now, will maybe take a look at trying to install the first version of this to see if it's a problem with the later release.

This seems to be just an rfactor mod that has been "ported", I use that word very loosely. It may work for some but it doesn't for me. Most of the tracks fail to load and crash AMS, the car steering rotation appears to be way too small and FFB is all over the place.

Shame because really one of the reasons why I re-installed AMS was this mod.

I'm using a t300, win 11, crew chief's plugin for VR and my ams build is pretty clean since I only re-installed recently. All stock content works flawlessly, mods such as Cart extreme and anything from the ISO group work perfectly too, so I don't think it's my setup.

I've unistalled for now, will maybe take a look at trying to install the first version of this to see if it's a problem with the later release.
Im sorry to hear that afaramas, and thank you for your feedback. I know a lot of people are dealing with crashing issues and such, and i'm looking into a fix for those at the moment. On the physics side, The physics are heavily influenced by the original 2006 mod, and I am not niels heusinkveld, so it will take me some time to get a good grip with the physics and such. I will try and improve these discrepancies to the best I can to get the most realistic and best feel possible for all users.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back