Formula One 1971 Mod for GTR2

Cars Formula One 1971 Mod for GTR2 V1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
the usual FPdriver is only for the view of all drivers from outside the car ( showroom, replay or other drivers on the track ).

FPDriver refers to First Person Driver which is the arms and legs when in cockpit view and is not the external driver you see from the outside of the vehicle. Just add // to the beginning of the FPDriver entries of the CAS file and you will see that there is no cockpit view driver (arms and legs) but there will be a visible driver in the swingman and other views.

The EXTDRIVERBODY and EXTDRIVERHEAD are the external driver entries.

FPDriver_1.jpg
FPDriver_2.jpg
FPDriver_3.jpg

Also after downloading the mod and looking at the actual CAS files the FPDriver entry is wrong.

The mod creators shouldn't of used the M-FPDRIVER.GMT mesh but rather one of the INT_DRIVER_STYLEXX.GMT meshes for the FPDriver.

In a vehicles CAS file change the FPDriver entry to:
<NOTSPIN><DASHHIGH> MeshFile=int_driver_style01.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False LODIn=(0.0) LODOut=(1.0)

Then for the EXTDRIVERBODY entry change it to:
<NOTSPIN> MeshFile=ext_driver_style01.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False ShadowReceiver=True LODIn=(0.00) LODOut=(230.0)

You can use any Style Number from 01 to 10.

I used Style01 for the Tyrell_002 CAS file driver entries in the image below.

F1_1971.jpg

Good Luck

Sorry @Zipdrive and Crocket... I mixed up both drivers.... I must have been too quick in my answer as I knew FP was First Person.

I'll quickly install this mod in order to check if it's not working with the M-FPDRIVER.GMT ... as it's strange it may work for others as I might see in a previous post.

It happens Jempy no worries :)

With this mod being a GTL conversion that's why the M-FPDriver.gmt entry is listed.

To test further I copied the M-FPDriver.gmt and M-FPDriver2.gmt files from the GTL Teams folder into the GTR2 Teams/Formula 1 1971 folder and the arms showed up, so now Crocket has two ways to get arms in the cockpit.

The choice should be quickly done .... 2 files or put his hands in all .cas file .... I know what I should do if i didn't already have those 2 ( I have 3 in fact :roflmao: ) files.

NB: that's why a mod should always be tested in a pure base GTR2 and not a already modded one.
Else, in this case, those M-FPDriver.gmt and M-FPDriver2.gmt files should have been added to the mod.

And thanks for the test .... my own installs are purely Le Mans, Imsa etc .... the other one being more Touring cars.... and none for the single seaters. ;)

NB: that's why a mod should always be tested in a pure base GTR2 and not a already modded one. Else, in this case, those M-FPDriver.gmt and M-FPDriver2.gmt files should have been added to the mod.

And thanks for the test .... my own installs are purely Le Mans, Imsa etc .... the other one being more Touring cars.... and none for the single seaters. ;)

A lot of converted mods are missing a file or two. My guess is that they are a quick-n-dirty conversion and not one where it's taken apart in 3DSimEd, edited and then tested in GTR2.

I also don't run single seaters normally. Like you I like the GT, Imsa and Touring style vehicles, but to better understand what issues Crocket was having I had to install this F1 mod.

Personally I would make changes to both the Driver entries in the CAS file and add a couple more numbers to the Genstring (4 and 5) in the CAR file so I could change the drivers suit and gloves for each. The first 3 Genstring numbers are for the vehicles body style but anything after that is available.

A lot of converted mods are missing a file or two. My guess is that they are a quick-n-dirty conversion and not one where it's taken apart in 3DSimEd, edited and then tested in GTR2.

I also don't run single seaters normally. Like you I like the GT, Imsa and Touring style vehicles, but to better understand what issues Crocket was having I had to install this F1 mod.

Personally I would make changes to both the Driver entries in the CAS file and add a couple more numbers to the Genstring (4 and 5) in the CAR file so I could change the drivers suit and gloves for each. The first 3 Genstring numbers are for the vehicles body style but anything after that is available.
Thanks Zipdrive for all your help, I have edited the Cas file and all is working well now Cheers

The choice should be quickly done .... 2 files or put his hands in all .cas file .... I know what I should do if i didn't already have those 2 ( I have 3 in fact :roflmao: ) files.

NB: that's why a mod should always be tested in a pure base GTR2 and not a already modded one.
Else, in this case, those M-FPDriver.gmt and M-FPDriver2.gmt files should have been added to the mod.

Thanks for all your help Jempy is very much appreciated Cheers

I did what Zipdrive and for me it absolutely doesn't work (the game crashes while loading a practice session/race weekend). And the issue only concerns this mod.

Does anybody have another suggestion ?

And what I would like to know is where I can find the .gmt files that use other vehicles. For instance, in the .cas file of the Ferrari 575, I find :

Instance=FPDRIVER
{
Moveable=True
<NOTSPIN><DASHHIGH> MeshFile=INT_DRIVER_STYLE<56>.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False ShadowReceiver=True LODIn=(0.0) LODOut=(2.0)
}

But I can't find INT_DRIVER_STYLE<56> in GTR2 files.

I did what Zipdrive and for me it absolutely doesn't work (the game crashes while loading a practice session/race weekend). And the issue only concerns this mod.

Does anybody have another suggestion ?

And what I would like to know is where I can find the .gmt files that use other vehicles. For instance, in the .cas file of the Ferrari 575, I find :

Instance=FPDRIVER
{
Moveable=True
<NOTSPIN><DASHHIGH> MeshFile=INT_DRIVER_STYLE<56>.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False ShadowReceiver=True LODIn=(0.0) LODOut=(2.0)
}

But I can't find INT_DRIVER_STYLE<56> in GTR2 files.

I think there maybe an incompatibility with the running multiple mods on the same install because I found if I removed the M-FPDriver.gmt and the M-FPDriver2.gmt files I would get the steering wheel and arms back. Although other mods that require these which I think is the talent.gtl and the stex.gtl mas files and would crash without them.
See how it goes but if all else fails you can download the 1960s Pack by Monkey Man and manually edit vehicles mas file to give you early arms and helmets and you will also get the Steering Wheel back.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back