Login or Register an account to download this content
Jon c submitted a new resource:

Formula One 1971 Mod for GTR2 - GTR2 Conversion by Dylan

View attachment 260289
Formula One 1971 Mod for GTR2
GTR2 Conversion by Dylan
Version : 1.1
This mod is dedicated to Chela
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
updates v1.1 :
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- fixed Lotus Teams
- fixed tyres (.tyr-files)
- fixed some sounds (.aud-files)
- fixed...

Read more about this resource...

I suggest that you verify your "xxx.PLR" file includes Arms Visible In Cockpit="1". I tested a few the mod's cars on one of my rigs and they all displayed arms:

Ferrari-B2@Sonoma.jpg
Lotus@Sonoma.jpg
McLaren@Sonoma.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks gwaldock, I checked that even though I don't have any issues with other mods I run in the same install. I have re downloaded from this link and will try it on a fresh install. I'm just not sure if there is any other files which I may of corrupted with other mods or its something simple. Cheers mate

Re downloaded from this link and installed on a clean install and still no arms and hands! Checked visible Arms in Plr file was at (1) still nothing. tried some different graphic options but nothing. I have never had this issue before has anyone got any ideas?
F1_1971NA.jpg

I'm not fan of single-seaters in general .... but there's something strange.
It could mean that you miss a file .... but in this case mostly GTR2 should be crashing....
If a .cas file needs a .gtr file not present in game.... GTR2 crashes or at least returns to menu.

This is not your problem .... but is what I mentioned above also true with those
STEX.GTL and TALENT.GTL ? not sure.

So first check you have those 2 files in your Gamedata/Teams folder in game.
If they're not there install them or install them correctly ( they are included in the download )

If they are there, just one question .... where did you check your plr ? .... in the game folder or in your documents ? ..... I simply ask it as it normally should be in the game folder in Userdata/yourpseudo.plr and not in the Documents/GTR2 as they were a rather long time ago.

Check the vehicles CAS file (open it in Notepad) and look for the following lines:

Instance=FPDRIVER
{
Moveable=True
<NOTSPIN><DASHHIGH> MeshFile=INT_DRIVER_STYLE<XX>.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False ShadowReceiver=True LODIn=(0.0) LODOut=(2.00)
}

The XX will be a number like 12, 23, 34, etc depending on what the author listed the driver style in the Genstring.

Hi Jempy, Thanks for your reply and tips, this is were i am confused with the plr file because it was in My Doc folder but Vista has issues with this location I think. When I edit the plr file I edit the one in the game folder. I wonder if the plr file in the Documents overrides the one on the game folder?? Cheers

Check the vehicles CAS file (open it in Notepad) and look for the following lines:

Instance=FPDRIVER
{
Moveable=True
<NOTSPIN><DASHHIGH> MeshFile=INT_DRIVER_STYLE<XX>.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False ShadowReceiver=True LODIn=(0.0) LODOut=(2.00)
}

The XX will be a number like 12, 23, 34, etc depending on what the author listed the driver style in the Genstring.

Thanks Zipdrive
I checked the Tyrrell 002 CAS file and got this below

Instance=FPDRIVER
{
Moveable=True

<NOTSPIN><DASHHIGH> MeshFile=M-FPDriver.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False LODIn=(0.0) LODOut=(1.0)
}

For your question ... before concluding yes or not for the plr, my question is:
do you have any same problem with other cars missing the personal driver's arms ?

Only the M-FPdriver may be in question for the arms in cockpit ... the usual FPdriver is only for the view of all drivers from outside the car ( showroom, replay or other drivers on the track ).

Maybe we might quickly find the reason of this problem in a trace file in the log:
- create a shortcut on desktop to launch GTR2
- when done, right-click it and in the properties shortcut tab modify:
"xxxxx\GTR2\GTR2.exe" adding a space and -trace=1000 so it finally looks like this:
"xxxxx\GTR2\GTR2.exe -trace=1000"

Launching GTR2 with this shortcut will allow to always create a trace file.
You'll find it in GTR2\Userdata\Log with the name trace.txt

Launch GTR2, take a F1 of this mod on track .... and leave GTR2

For a CTD, mostly the problem is seen in the very last lines of this trace file.... for another problem, not necessarily ...

Don't show this file here ( too many lines ) just upload it in your message so we may open it.

For your question ... before concluding yes or not for the plr, my question is:
do you have any same problem with other cars missing the personal driver's arms ?

Only the M-FPdriver may be in question for the arms in cockpit ... the usual FPdriver is only for the view of all drivers from outside the car ( showroom, replay or other drivers on the track ).

Maybe we might quickly find the reason of this problem in a trace file in the log:
- create a shortcut on desktop to launch GTR2
- when done, right-click it and in the properties shortcut tab modify:
"xxxxx\GTR2\GTR2.exe" adding a space and -trace=1000 so it finally looks like this:
"xxxxx\GTR2\GTR2.exe -trace=1000"

Launching GTR2 with this shortcut will allow to always create a trace file.
You'll find it in GTR2\Userdata\Log with the name trace.txt

Launch GTR2, take a F1 of this mod on track .... and leave GTR2

For a CTD, mostly the problem is seen in the very last lines of this trace file.... for another problem, not necessarily ...

Don't show this file here ( too many lines ) just upload it in your message so we may open it.

One thing I did notice it only generates the Trace file in the Documents folder not in the Game folder
Ok here it is. Thanks

Attachments

• trace.txt
    18 KB · Views: 228
Ok I'll have a look .... but first: do you have the same problem with other original cars or mods ?

Do you launch GTR2 with admin rights ?
But still having trace file and other files in the Documents is not normal any longer .... but with Vista ( much too old ) I'm not sure

The reason might be a animation problem as this is what regularly comes in the trace file:
SteeringAnim 569: Error in FPDriver_A.lma. ( one time )
SteeringAnim 660: Error loading ExtDriver-ShiftR_M.lma. ( for each car ).

Have a look in GTR2/Gamedata/Animations/Driver and search if you have those files:
FPDriver_A.lma
ExtDriver-ShiftR_M.lma

If one of them is missing ( I'd rather say surely the second ) this might be the reason.... maybe not enough to create a CTD but a problem surely.

The reason might be a animation problem as this is what regularly comes in the trace file:
SteeringAnim 569: Error in FPDriver_A.lma. ( one time )
SteeringAnim 660: Error loading ExtDriver-ShiftR_M.lma. ( for each car ).

Have a look in GTR2/Gamedata/Animations/Driver and search if you have those files:
FPDriver_A.lma
ExtDriver-ShiftR_M.lma

If one of them is missing ( I'd rather say surely the second ) this might be the reason.... maybe not enough to create a CTD but a problem surely.
Yes ExtDriver-ShiftR_M.lma was missing, the only copy I could find was part of the F1LR mod which cleared that Error however didn't fix the issue, I ran another trace and the SteeringAnim 569: Error in FPDriver_A.lma.error still exsists even though it is in the file.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 313 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 215 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 211 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 273 13.4%