Stock Car Extreme Mods (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ML2166

If quizzes are quizzical then what are tests?
Premium
Hey guys

Okay here are the skins created by me over the last few weeks.

38 in total, 19 Chevrolet and 19 Peugeot.

All completely fictional of course, but I hope you enjoy them.

I have given all the cars different numbers and names from the originals in game, so you should be able to run them alongside the original skins.

Pretty new to the modding aspect on the rfactor platform, and this is my first attempt.

Haven't found a way to have the game read a new RFM file hence the reason for the new numbers and names.

Hope you enjoy them........happy racing fellas!

;)

selectionpug.jpg

selectionchevvy.jpg

Chevrolet Part 1

Chevrolet Part 2

Peugeot's

Thanks for this mod! Who is the author of the physics?

is this the same:
?

This is from rfactor 1985 mod I believe but Niels has tweaked the physics. My conversion is from a different source, and I have spent hours and hours trying to get the physics decent from the original mod also I made the engine configurations myself as they were in 1986. I was trying to replicate that exact same video.

The graphics were improved and new skins by a kind chap name Hex and his mate Rebellion.

If I told you were it came from I would have to kill you ;)

yeah rupe was explaining about using realfeel to me in teamspeak today, ive not tried it on this mod yet but was defo planning on doing it, ill share the updated mod once its done

It's easy on this one Marc. Realfeel is already in the mod. Open the physics folder then each car type, there is a HDV file, open that with notepad and change the SteeringFFBMult=4.0 to a 0.0 and your done.

Reactions: Bez
Rupe Wilson submitted a new resource:

SoapBox Challenge - SoapBox Challenge by MadCowie

Thanks to MadCowie for letting me convert this to GSC
For GSC
Extract the rar file and place the content (GameData folder,rFm folder) in to the main GSC folder and let it overwrite anything

There are also 3 tracks to drive these SoapBoxes on
soapboxtrack
Spacebox
Kitzbuhel2011

To find the Soapbox challenge cars in game use the arrows to navigate through the main menu and you will see the soapbox loading screen

View attachment 58031

!!! DO NOT USE THE ALL CARS AND TRACKS !!!!

have a...

Read more about this resource...

To adjust your ReelFeel settings whilst in game from your keyboard follow the instructions in the pics below.
Do not adjust any of the ReelFeel setting for the default content from Reiza. They have worked long and hard to give us the best feel already.
reelfeel adjustment.png
12-Jul-09-rFactorCentral-4808_ReelFeel.jpg

Repeated again just in case you missed it :)

Do not adjust any of the ReelFeel setting for the default content from Reiza. They have worked long and hard to give us the best feel already.

Last edited:
Rupe Wilson submitted a new resource:

Clio Cup 2013 - Racedepartment Clio Cup 2013

View attachment 58089
Renault Clio 2103 for Game Stock Car

Converted by Rupe Wilson
Big thanks to Davy Vandevenne for the time and effort he put into the mod to transform it into what it is.

Racedepartment Clio Cup 2013

Converted from rfactor with a updated engine and gearbox and a new lowered look
We added a custom Racedepartment decal on the body and windows we even added new driver helmets also.

RealFeel

Realfeel setting for Fanatec CSW (Davy)
[Clio]...

Read more about this resource...

To adjust your ReelFeel settings whilst in game from your keyboard follow the instructions in the pics below.
reelfeel-adjustment-png.58035
12-jul-09-rfactorcentral-4808_reelfeel-jpg.58036

Repeated again just in case you missed it :)

That's very useful thanks Paul, I will definitely try it.

Have you tried just moving all the other steering settings in the upgrades file, so that the realfeel one is the first option (or even deleting all the other options so that the realfeel is the only one) ?
The reason I ask is that I have managed to get some upgrades working in GSC, and it seems to take the first option in the list.
So if you put it first in line,(and the rest below it, or delete the rest), it will become active and will automatically change the FFB mult to 0.0 for you in the hdv, which saves you making the change in the hdv yourself.
I have not tested this, but it should help achieve what you describe, but in less steps.

EDIT: the more I think about it the more I wonder why it works in the first place lol.
You see, if the upgrade file is actually working, it is telling it to make a change to the FFBMulti line in the hdv.
If it takes the first option in the list then it will set the FFB at 3.0
So any change you have made yourself is overwritten by the upgrade file. So I am not sure how your changes are having any effect. ?

Anyway, I certainly have not mastered the upgrades file completely by any means, so if it works, then that's great, and I'm sorry to cloud the issue. I will certainly give this a go.

Last edited:
Hi Keith, I know your a bit of an expert with these type of things so I have just tried out what you suggested.

It does seem to be the case that if realfeel is first in the queue or the only one listed then that is what the .hdv file takes for its settings regardless of value.

Being a noob at this, the Lotus 98T mod I have been working on/released did not have any values at all at first that was why the steering was crap until now. So if the mod has not got any values or no realfeel you still need all/part of this entry. Also if you did not want to use realfeel you could still need all the other values.

The more I get into this the more I learn, sometimes there seems to be many different ways to achieve the same objective.

As long as the mods people download or make themselves have decent steering them I'm happy, because up until now some of the ones knocking about seem to miss this most important part of sim racing.

Also Keith you could have mentioned it before I typed all this up ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back