Stock Car Extreme Mods (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ML2166

If quizzes are quizzical then what are tests?
Premium
Hey guys

Okay here are the skins created by me over the last few weeks.

38 in total, 19 Chevrolet and 19 Peugeot.

All completely fictional of course, but I hope you enjoy them.

I have given all the cars different numbers and names from the originals in game, so you should be able to run them alongside the original skins.

Pretty new to the modding aspect on the rfactor platform, and this is my first attempt.

Haven't found a way to have the game read a new RFM file hence the reason for the new numbers and names.

Hope you enjoy them........happy racing fellas!

;)

selectionpug.jpg

selectionchevvy.jpg

Chevrolet Part 1

Chevrolet Part 2

Peugeot's

Took it to the Nordschleife for a couple of laps. A real handful, an intense car to drive, but still manageable once you get to know it better. I suppose it simulates the rawness, intensity of racing back then and the skill needed to control it and drive it aggressively really well. :thumbsup:

They were brave men in that era. Poor tyres, no downforce, poor brakes. It's a wonder any of them made it out alive. A lot more skill than we will ever have:).

I like the way you took it to the toughest circuit going! A real man.

This one is great as well, but even harder to handle compared to the Lotus 49. It feels a bit out of place at times(as it should, perhaps ?). I never could really drive as fast and attack as well as with the Lotus. It's got less grip and is more nervous to steering/throttle input.
I suspect the Lotus might be a bit overpowered as well, since i was almost 1 minute slower on the 'schleife with this one.
Both are a handful, but this one is quite a bit harder to manage. Definitely requires more practice to master this one.
:thumbsup:

This is a guide to add/delete any track to a championship to any of the exisiting Reiza cars or to my Formula Nippon conversion (must have rfm file).

1.First you need to navigate to the rFm folder in you GSC installation.

2. Make a backup of the .RFM file(s) just in case.

3.Select the RFM file you wish to edit, when you open a file the MOD name is listed so you can tell which one it is. They are numbered and look like this reiza30 (Formula Nippon).

4.Open this up with notepad (only need to do this once).

It will look like this

Mod Name = FN2008
Track Filter = StockV8
Vehicle Filter = OR: Reiza30
SafetyCar = Integra_PC.veh

Matchmaker = match.reizastudios.com
Matchmaker TCP Port = 40001
Matchmaker UDP Port = 40002
Loading Bar Color = 13244190

Max Opponents = 21 // maximum opponents in practice/quick race/grand prix/championship
Min Championship Opponents = 5 // minimum opponents in championship only

// Seasons:

Season = Formula Nippon 2008
{
FullSeasonName = FN2008
BaseCreditMult = 0.0
MinExperience = 0
EntryFee = 0
Vehicle Filter = |Reiza30
Max Opponents = 21

SeasonScoringInfo
{
FirstPlace = 25
SecondPlace = 20
ThirdPlace = 16
FourthPlace = 14
FifthPlace = 12
SixthPlace = 10
SeventhPlace = 9
EighthPlace = 8
NinthPlace = 7
Place10 = 6
Place11 = 5
Place12 = 4
Place13 = 3
Place14 = 2
Place15 = 1
}

SceneOrder
{
Interlagos1
curitiba
Taruma
SalvadorStockCar
Brasilia
Cascavel
Ribeirao2012
Cascavel
Velopark2
curitiba2
Brasilia2
Interlagos2
}
}

5.As you can see the tracks that are to be raced in the championship are listed.

6. All you need to do now and the easy way I find as the entry must exactly match is open Gamedata folder, then open Locations folder. All your installed tracks are listed.

7.Open the folder for the track you wish to add, there should be a sub folder with the track or track configuration you want to add listed.

8. Open the sub folder in there will be a .gbd file use that name for your scene order as it may differ from the folder name.

9. Navigate to the scene order in the RFM file. If I wanted to add Brands hatch and get rid of Interlagos1 I just delete the Interlagos1 entry and copy and paste my Brands entry that looks like this Brands_Hatch_GP.

10. Change/delete the tracks you want and now save and exit.

Now when you start a championship your tracks that you have entered will be available.

Hope this helps everyone.

Any questions fire away.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nox
Background:

The aim of this post is to help with the conversion of rfactor mods with regards to steering feel and integration to the reafeel plugin in GSC Extreme.

The steering in most conversions either ones available online, Race Department or my own up until the last few days have been a major disappointment to me and probably to you as well. Some FFB is o.k out the box some is downright crap and an instant delete up until now.

Being an amatuer modder and I have only been sim racing 11 months. I was a bit lost and have tried various fixes mainly concentrating on the realfeel settings and also a few physics tweaks. Some felt O.K but none could match that magic feeling of the Reiza Cars. Well Rupe Wilson and I have worked out why.

I had been chatting to Rupe Wilson and also Davy Vandevenne about a particular mod conversion (Clio Cup). Rupe was looking in the upgrade files for the mod and said he noticed that to set realfeel you had to set the FFB multiplyer in the .HDV to 0.0. I then realised what the problem was.

The issue is in rfactor when you select a car you have the option in the upgrades section to enable the realfeel plugin or to select another setting for the FFB from weak to strong. GSC does not have that option so you are left with the original creators settings which very rarely is realfeel.

Solution:

Right this how you enable realfeel for any mod you either download or create yourself.

1. Open the vehicle folder for the mod you want to setup. In this case it is my conversion of Formula Nippon.

2. Look for a upgrade file that looks similar this:

FN2008_Upgrades_h

3. If you have not opened one before use notepad to open it (only need to do this once).

4. You can now edit this entry.

5. You are looking for a entry that looks like this.

UpgradeType="Force Feedback Strength"
{
UpgradeLevel="Default Steering"
{
Description="Default FFB Setting = 3.0"

HDV=[CONTROLS]
HDV=SteeringFFBMult=3.0
}
UpgradeLevel="Strength Level 1"
{
Description="116% of the Default FFB Setting =3.5"
HDV=[CONTROLS]
HDV=SteeringFFBMult=3.5
}
}

UpgradeLevel="Strength Level 2"
{
Description="133% of the Default FFB Setting =4.0"

HDV=[CONTROLS]
HDV=SteeringFFBMult=4.0
}
}

UpgradeLevel="Strength Level 3"
{
Description="150% of the Default FFB Setting =4.5"

HDV=[CONTROLS]
HDV=SteeringFFBMult=4.5
}
}

UpgradeLevel="Strength Level 4"
{
Description="167% of the Default FFB Setting=5.0"

HDV=[CONTROLS]
HDV=SteeringFFBMult=5.0
}
}

UpgradeLevel="Strength Level 5"
{
Description="183% of the Default FFB Setting =5.5"

HDV=[CONTROLS]
HDV=SteeringFFBMult=5.5
}
}

UpgradeLevel="Heavy Steering"
{
Description="200% of the Default FFB Setting =6.0"

HDV=[CONTROLS]
HDV=SteeringFFBMult=6.0
}
}

UpgradeLevel="Real Feel Plugin"
{
Description="FFB Multiplyer set to zero for the RealFeel plugin."

HDV=[CONTROLS]
HDV=SteeringFFBMult=0.0
}
}

6. As you can see to enable realfeel the setting is zero.

7. If the mod does not have this then copy and paste the FFB entry above into the upgrade file and save and exit.

8. Next is to enable the realfeel if it is not already set by default.

9. In the same folder look for a .HDV file something like this.

FN2008_H

10. Open this up with notepad again (only needs to be done once).

11. Scroll down the file until you come to this section.

[CONTROLS]
SteeringFFBMult=0.0 // vehicle-specific force feedback strength multiplier
SteerLockRange=(5.0, 0.5, 37)
SteerLockSetting=25
RearBrakeRange=(0.200, 0.005, 81)
RearBrakeSetting=48
BrakePressureRange=(0.50, 0.01, 51)
BrakePressureSetting=46
HandbrakePressRange=(0.00, 0.05, 1) // disabled ... intended for rally-type cars
HandbrakePressSetting=0
UpshiftAlgorithm=(0.975,0.0) // fraction of rev limit to auto-upshift, or rpm to shift at (if 0.0, uses rev limit algorithm)
DownshiftAlgorithm=(0.91,0.70,0.60) // high gear downshift point, low gear downshift point, oval adjustment
AutoUpshiftGripThresh=0.65 // auto upshift waits until all driven wheels have this much grip (reasonable range: 0.4-0.9)
AutoDownshiftGripThresh=0.60 // auto downshift waits until all driven wheels have this much grip (reasonable range: 0.4-0.9)
TractionControlGrip=(1.01, 0.18) // Average driven wheel grip multiplied by 1st number, then added to 2nd
TractionControlLevel=(0.47, 0.83) // Effect of grip on throttle for low TC and high TC
ABS4Wheel=1 // 0 = old-style single brake pulse, 1 = more effective 4-wheel ABS
ABSGrip=(1.00, 0.20) // Grip multiplied by 1st number and added to 2nd
ABSLevel=(0.40, 0.95) // Effect of grip on brakes for low ABS and high ABS
OnboardBrakeBias=1 // whether brake bias is allowed onboard

12. All you need to do is set the SteeringFFBMult to 0.0 and voila you now are realfeel enabled. Save and exit.

13. You may want/need to tweak the values in the realfeel plugin but most are quite good at the default values of.

DefaultMaxForceAtSteeringRack=-2000.000000
DefaultSteeringDamper=11500.000000
DefaultFrontGripEffect=0.200000
DefaultSmoothingLevel=0
VehicleDelimiterSize=5
DefaultKf=11500.000000
DefaultKs=7.000000
DefaultA=1.000000
DefaultKr=3.000000

You now have much improved steering feel in any mod.

Hope this helps everyone.

Any questions fire away.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back