Formula NA Force Feedback Too Light?

Hi!

Sim racing noob here. I just got the Formula NA mod from VRC and noticed that the force feedback is much lighter than any other vehicle in Assetto Corsa. I have the Thrustmaster T300 RS and after some searching tried following this post but nothing really changed:

https://old.reddit.com/r/assettocor...to_corsa_thrustmaster_t300_rs_settings_guide/

FFBClip actually ended up turning the gains down after a few laps of my (awful) driving. Is this to be expected with these kinds of cars or do these mods require manual force feedback setup? I'd appreciate any tips.

Thanks!

Seems to be a common thing with open-wheel cars in AC. Sometimes it's realistic, these are typically very light cars that rely heavily on downforce to function properly. So at low speeds when there's not much downforce pushing the car into the ground the steering can feel very light, in fast turns where the downforce is pushing to car down the steering can be very heavy. That's probably accurate, but it makes tuning your FFB kind of a pain.

The thing is, IndyCars don't have power steering and the drivers say they're pretty brutal to drive and have a fairly heavy steering feel. I've tried a few IndyCar mods in AC, most notably the VRC and URD ones, all of them tend to have pretty light steering which I don't feel is very accurate for these particular cars.

Seems to be a common thing with open-wheel cars in AC. Sometimes it's realistic, these are typically very light cars that rely heavily on downforce to function properly. So at low speeds when there's not much downforce pushing the car into the ground the steering can feel very light, in fast turns where the downforce is pushing to car down the steering can be very heavy. That's probably accurate, but it makes tuning your FFB kind of a pain.

The thing is, IndyCars don't have power steering and the drivers say they're pretty brutal to drive and have a fairly heavy steering feel. I've tried a few IndyCar mods in AC, most notably the VRC and URD ones, all of them tend to have pretty light steering which I don't feel is very accurate for these particular cars.
Hey thanks for the reply! That's interesting because I found that the open-wheel F1 cars (Ferrari F312T 1975 and Lotus Exos T125) had excellent force feedback. Nice and heavy at speed.

This may be a little off topic for this forum but do you recommend any games with good physics for IndyCars? Trying to avoid anything subscription based since I'm still learning :)

I agree
The main issue is that these cars generate very high lateral forces. I really don't like the way AC handles that, it's very hard to make the way they build up more progressive: at some point, the steering wheel feels light then suddenly FFB is clipping madly. That's why I keep it light. You can always use the +/- to boost FFB, but it's not the best solution.

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 331 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing