RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Well that was seriously a fun race for me. I have not been on track much lately and this was a great way to make my return....5th overall. Not to mention a great run trying to hold Eric N back in race one (he had gone off track numerous times, I had not - which speaks a bit about how much faster he is). That run ended in me getting a little loose due to some odd FPS problems I seem to be having about 2 times per race. Second race started with me falling back from 2nd to 8th, but honestly I run better from the back, chasing is easier than leading for me. Ran with Brandon, Peter, and Willie for almost the whole race. Brandon and Peter had some contact and Willie and I got by, then Willie got past me and I settled in for about a 12 lap chase. Willie did an amazing job of holding onto his place until about the 3rd to last lap when he got loose in the second to last turn. I went inside and was really sorry to see him off the track behind me. Later found out he ran out of fuel. :( Anyway that was loads of fun, thanks for the great racing and thanks for putting it together. Did I mention it was fun?
Cheers
William

A nice race for me too.
My first second place in RD....

In race 1 i startet in 5 and hold this this positins the first laps. Even when cars behind thried to pass.
One driver was all off track and his rejoining was not in the books, please wait for the correct moment to rejoin.
As we all was driving in a line, not a big gap between cars. I did pit in lap 7 and hoping for same faster laps then the rest.
Did change all for tires . Which i knew all top runners didnt do. Pittet at the same times as Kenny Press and i saw that i did only 2 wheels. I knew i had to lower my lap times in order to gain a position during pit.
When all other had done the pit stop i was 5 which i hold to finish

Race 2 i was lucky to escape from the littel give & take and in turn 5, where NR1 and 2 whent wide i was first.
Kenny you VERY lucky to escape from the kamikaze brake move into turn 8. Where a Honda hits a BMW which made K Press go from 5 to 3 place. As i changed 4 tires and K Press only changed 2 in race 1. i knew i had to drive more then fast, in order to win.
the table was turned to him , which he took good care off.

Grats mate, great driving and congrats to your first RD win. I know it will be more....

Race Report – Tony’s Smokin’ 75

One again another event worth staying up late (or early) for. Brands Hatch Indy and the Mini Challenge car is a classic combination. This was the site of my first ever public server win in these very cars. It’s a great track has most of the very technical corners of the International layout. After my last Mini outing at Edmonton Airport, I couldn’t resist staying up late on a work night to run this. Didn’t quite know what to expect as I’d only ever run short races here (6 – 10 Laps). Could I carry enough fuel, will the fronts scrub themselves into oblivion half way through, will slamming the H-box from 5th to 2nd at Druids for 32 laps finally blow up the Mini’s indestructible gearbox?

Practice
I thought I was doing well in 6th place with a race fuel load run a 55.5, then the big boys turned up the wick, The top 3 at the end of practice were within 0.2s of each other in the highish 54’s and by the end of the Practice, my best time left me 12th of a 15 car grid.

Qualifying.
Even on low fuel, I failed to run a clean lap never bettering my practice time and sitting 12th (still) on a 55:6.

Race 1 – Grid 12th finish 10th

Sitting on the grid, I know that the secret for a good start is care through Paddock hill and Druids. Managed to get my self up to 8th as there was some contact from those in front but slipped back because of a few small mistakes. Was close to picking up other places but just as I was getting to terms with the driver in front, I’d make a silly mistake. Although good tussles with Saul kept me on my toes to the finish! Jesper just passed me on my penultimate and his last lap, I finished 10th, 1 lap down.

Race 2 – Grid 10th finish 7th
There was a bit more contact from the drivers at the front of the grid through Paddock Hill and Druids and I find myself 5th with a good run on Will Y down hill on the approach to Graham Hill Bend to take 4th. Don’t think that there was contact Will, but if there was I’m sorry. It’s sometimes tricky to judge from cockpit view.

Now I was in trouble! I had nowhere near the pace to run down the first three and knew that I’d be under constant pressure from the faster drivers who were also behind me; my ATCC team mate Brandon Lawson, Peter Nielson and Will Yunck. I had about 5 laps where I was running on my own whilst they caught me up and set my PB of the event of 55.4. Once Brandon was on my tail then the pressure started. I think that from about lap 6-29 I was always defending making sure to hit the apex and get clean drive out of the corner. I made a few mistakes which let Brandon and Peter past, but had also pulled a couple of sneaky repasses on Brandon through Paddock hill. Eventually, I was running 7th with Brandon and Peter some way off in front and Will in my tail pipes. Brandon and Peter had an off at Druids so Will and I gained two places. As Will said we battled closely for about 12 laps where I needed to defend strongly, closing the door emphatically on some smart moves from Will. I got the low fuel warning on lap 24 just to add to the tension (although MOTEC told me that I had exactly 8 laps left in the tank, and I was hoping it was correct).After a couple of hairy sideway moments through Clearways, on lap 29 I finally failed to catch it and finished up nose into the barrier on the exit to Clark. By the time that I had found reverse on the H-box I’d lost the place to Will and another to Peter with no chance of making it back.

Fortunately, Mike C was some way behind with the leaders on his tail so the pressure was off for the last three laps. My only issue was that Keith in the lead was catching me and I’d wanted to finish at least on the lead lap.

MOTEC showed that Keith’s lead over 2nd place was comfortable enough that I guess he took it easy on the last lap. If it had been closer for 1st and 2nd I guess that I would have finished 1 lap down.

Finished the race in 7th, with a spluttery motor only to run out of fuel on the inlap. Thank you Motec (1 more litre next time).

Disappointing that my only big mistake of the whole event cost me a finish higher up the field. But positive that despite my lack of pace I kept the faster driver behind with some smart and, mostly, careful driving

So 64 laps down added to the 40 or so that I ran in practice and quail made for a tough event. Thanks Tony for the idea, RD and Eric for the event.

At first i didn't want to join having to work today, with the races ending around 5am for me and getting out of bed just 2 hours later...man i'm tired...but then....Minis at Brands...resistance is futile lol. the racing nightshift was worth it.
P5 in Quali doing a 54.8, that was fine for me.
In Race 1 some mistakes in the first couple of cornes, so i got into a pack of Minis between P4-P8 until lap 10, then i was stuck behind Peter for some 10 laps, i wanted to save tires for the last laps, could pass him and finished 4th in the end. First Mini race on this track longer than 10 laps, hard to judge how the haindling would develop.
In Race 2 i got away cleanly, holding P3 most of the time, with Eric behind me from lap 11 to lap 28 i think, when he passed me in Druids, finishing 4th again. Cool race.
thx and grats to all finishers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 201 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.4%
  • < 4 years