RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

That's a pretty good lap Paul, and like Stefan said you aren't really doing anything wrong. The only recommendations I'd make are these:
-I watched the video and noticed that Turn 3 through to Turn 6 as well as Turn 8 are being taken a gear lower than I'd assume they would be. I'd say change the gearing slightly so that Turns 3, 4 and 8 are taken in 3rd gear, and 5 and 6 in 4th. That'll give you smoother acceleration coming out of corners and give you less of a chance of spinning. :wink:

My Wed Night

It's bad enough that I'm up til 4Am on Friday Night/Saturday Morning. Now Mini's in the middle of the week!!!!

I was disappointed to see only 7 on the server at what is arguably one of my favourite tracks (other than the crazy cutting rules that turn races into who can have the fewest S'n'G's.)

Quali'd ok in 4th not in the 14's (or even the 13's) but a good solid time.

Race 1 - Nicely off the start taking Yves (which I knew wouldn't last long). Mad a couple of mistakes that let Jesse by, like i could have stopped him anyway. The rest of the race was spent tussling with Denis swapping 4th and then 3rd. Finally with a good entry to the last chicane my better top speed let me drive past Denis, holding it round Parabolica and on to finish clear in third. A first time RD podium.

Race 2 - Another good start picking up a couple of places to run 2nd behind Yves. Only for as long as the other two took to catch up. Running 4th clear of Denis this time, passing Eric and his fateful S'N'G then Jesse for the same reason a couple of laps later. Ran consistently with no off track excursions and was far enough ahead of Eric and Jesse to take 2nd and Joint second overall in the event.

The secret of Monza is care through the danger cut zones and no stop'n'go's. I managed to have only 1 cut warning in each race and no s'n'g.

Brands on Wednesday. I really shouldn't but I can't resist. Let's hope for a big field.

Did you ever do 80 minutes with one set of tyres?

I seem to remember I did it just the once and it worked out good for me that time, but equally others have gambled on one set and I chased them down with fresh tyres in the last minutes for an exciting finalé (Cadwell race instantly springs to mind with Nige and Neil where I chased them down by a large margin and going into the last lap we were all together desperately trying to beat each other) ... I also vaguely remember Gary has done it and won by sticking with one set of tyres.

This is what I mean with my post ... having the choice makes it a bit more fun IMHO :wink:

Another track where I'm the slowest around!

R1 Started off welland I started to hopefully chase Bill down. He was algging a bit and on L4 I knocked him into the sand at the last turn, sorry. He went off track on his own and I was by him but could see I didn't have any speed on him. Finished a lap down.

R2 Oh no, the pole! At the first turn Bill clips me and I go across the track and hit Jesse and tap Peter. Peter's lucky to get away, Jesse stops to wait for me because he thinks he hit me, maybe he did? I get to watch Jess fly away from me and I'm in pursuit of, ok not really in "pursuit", but up the road I go. Bill, just ahead of me takes an off course excusion and I drift by. He's a tad bit faster than me but my trips off pavement are smaller than his and I maintain a dwindling lead over him till the end for 2nd last.

Those not on TeamSpeak missed Jesse spilling pearls about car setup and there were a few of us listening intently, join us on TS3 next race!

Entry list:
  1. Ondřej Kapal
  2. David Zafiu -SKIN-
  3. Ant Creasy
  4. Pieter Theron
  5. Freddie Besems
  6. Péter Bártfai
  7. Dennis Phelan
  8. Aaron Poulson
  9. Bjorn de Haas
  10. Paul Bordeau
  11. Simon Gardner