RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

<Man was that a fun night of racing for me!

Quali: Yves goes out and sets the pace in the 14.4's. I plug in a setup I had saved from my public racing days and get going. I reset quick lap by almost .4 by going into a 14.010. Yves makes another run at it and gets to a .035 but cannot retake Pole from me. I am in chat with 30 seconds to go and already the "GRats eric" shows up. I am talking to Dennis on Teamspeak and he comments about the lap I had and then BAAAAAAAAAAAAM JESSE steals POLE by going to a 13.935 w/ ZEROES ONTHE CLOCK! WELL DONE JESSE never saw you coming........

race 1: I get just enough of a start to lock out Jesse entering the chicane. I extend a bit over the next couple of laps. Yves has had an incident of some sort as it's clearly now Jesse and I for the win. Jesse is closing the gap on me in the middle stages. My car is understeering and I have a "cut warning" in the bank already so I have to slow down a bit. Jesse Finally gets a run on me exiting Lesmo and he is outside me and door to door coming to Ascari! I am in side and brake a tad early in case he tries a crazy outbrake pas form the outside. My car stays on track while Jesse hit the gravel and I hear the engine PEGGED and him flying through the trap to get back in the fight. Later jesse receives a sstop n go for cutting on e of the chicane's and that seals up P1 for me. It was a great race Jesse!

R2: Starting in the back this time. I get a great jump off the line and am about to split Dennis and one other when contact is made and I hit someone squarely in the bumper killing my speed. So I hammer on and eventually pass Dennis on the main straight. NOw I am Chasing Jesse and Yves after getting by Willie. They have a BIG BATTLE going on with Yves defending brilliantly and Jesse keepng it clean. I close on them once then give the gain back by running wide in Lesmo 1. I get 2 cut warnings and am only a liitle more than 7 laps in. I pass Jesse and then am coming in to serve my Stop n go. Jesse tags me thinking I am trying to keeop him from drafting me and I am stalled at pit entrance facing the wrong way. It takes me more time to get my SNG done. Meanwhile, jesse has had some bad luck as well and we are seperated by only 10 seconds. I am pretty sure if I just keep it one spot behind Jesse I get the overall win. I beg willie to keep it on track for the last 2 laps and it works out.

after the dust settles, I have the overall win by one point over 3 other drivers tied at 14! amazing fun and my first overall win here at RD!

looking forward to more MINI racing since these cars are so much fun to race!

Thanks Yves, Eric K and RD for anotehr fun day!

i installed windows again to see if that was the problem so i need to instaal all my steam games which gonna take me like 2 hours.
my resolution is 1920- 1090 and it was always fine and now suddenly the screen is to big and i dont see all of my things, even if i lower my res.

^^ this sounds like a "scaling" issue dude ... if you are on nvidia there are options of what scaling methods to use.
Try setting it to native or monitor scales, if that does not work, try Nvidia scaling.
Another thing that might "toggle" it round is changing the refresh rate/mhz (try setting it to 59 instead of 60, then toggling it back) ... new drivers might do something to help, or try resetting your monitor to factory defaults.
GL whatever the issue is, I know I used to have some convoluted workarounds for this on my laptop :/

Other thing ... got caught up with other things tonight so have just sat down at my PC and have no chance of joining the race unfortunately - sorry!

... hmmm forced pit with forced 2 x tyre change ... I liked the old 80 minute format - you had to pit (usually) for fuel, but tyres were optional - so the whole strategy and driving style (ragging it and burning your tyres out or alternatively driving more carefully to preserve them to the end) came into play ... and like Nige said, defending or catching someone at the end with worn tyres could make it really rather exciting, wot wot :D

... this will feel a bit more like 2 x sprint races I guess, no doubt with some serious catch up needed on my part :D
Did you ever do 80 minutes with one set of tyres?

Two nice races but small grids.

First race for Bernt and I.

There seemed to be some glitches with the server setup.

1. No Collisions - we could drive right through each other.
2. Rolling start - this could well be intended though.

Bernt won the sprint race and Mark won the feature. Grats guys.

In spite of the "no collisions" there was plenty of good racing. Just not that special excitement and frustration that comes from having to wait for a suitable chance to overtake.

Thanks for the racing guys.

Edit:
By the way. Never drove at this track before. It was challenging and very enjoyable. Well suited to these cars.

Entry list:
  1. Eric Estes
  2. Dennis Phelan
  3. Willie Watt
  4. Eric Nelson
  5. Corey Theman
  6. Timothy Miller
  7. Yves Larose
  8. Jospeh Edgar
  9. Franz Ulrich
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver

Not sure what happened to the server,
When i set it up yesterday it was on the correct settings.

I think it was when the RD server password was changed, all of the servers got rebooted hence why you had a hotlapping server.(RD prequaly server settings)

Sorry about that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 357 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 251 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years