RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Today's race sure was a great one. Despite not having voted for Rouen, I really enjoyed the track and am glad it was chosen for this event.

Qualy: My qualifying lap was far from perfect, but in the end my time of 1:56.9 was enough for second on the grid. :)

Race: After the parade lap I was off to a pretty good start slowly pulling out a gap on Bob in third. I couldn't quite stick with Matt though, that M3 was much faster in a straight line. Around lap 10 or so Matt must of made a small mistake allowing me to close in to just over 2 seconds. I now had him in my sights and was gaining on him slowly. Over the next two laps I managed to get right up onto his rear bumper, but the excitement was short lived, as I ran it wide in T2 and onto the grass causing the rear to kick out. I managed to catch it, but was now headed for the grass on the outside of T3. The car broke out again, only this time I couldn't keep it from spinning. I think I did 5 complete 360 turns at over 200km/h going down the hill in T3. By the time I got back going I had fallen all the way to 6th, but I had lost more than just a few positions, I had lost my composure. During the following laps I made several stupid mistakes causing me to put the car into the wall a few times. This clearly had a big impact on my lap times from there on out, as I couldn't manage more than a high 1:59 after that, where as the last lap prior to the spin was a 1:57.2. I did have a few short battles in the remainder of the race, but mostly I was driving alone with huge gaps to both those in front and behind me. To say the least, I was rather disappointed with my final result, there certainly was potential for more. I doubt I would have won it, but I should have been up there fighting it out. The car showed it had the pace. Regardless of that, I still had a pretty good time.

Joao, sorry about my pit exit. I only counted three cars on the map (you were the fourth), so it caught me a bit by surprise when I saw you coming after I exited. I tried to keep to the outside of the racing line to allow you to pass. Glad you made it through unharmed and hope I didn't cause you to much of an inconvenience.

Again thanks to Tobias and RD for putting these events on. See you all next time. :)

From crash to crash:cool:

Was a great race on a very appealing track again. Big thanks to all lapped drivers for their caution and clean driving. Grats to the podium and all finishers. :smile:

Quali: Overcooked my Super Pole lap and went off 2 times, resulting in a very medium grid position. As my G25 decided to reinitialize, I had to restart the game, to get proper FFB during the race. In the end I disqualified on purpose and was second to last with Ross, who had connection problems and pulled out in warm up again. :frown:

Race: Had a shocking parade lap with Martin, when Michael's BMW were suddenly placed in front of us, due to huge lag. We both went off the track and hear the distinctive crash sound, luckily the game decided not to count this as a real impact and we are able to start the race without destroyed cars. :)
In the first 26 laps I was able to step up the order to 6th position and had some nice battles with Kimmo, Stefan, Rick and Jack.
I knew I had to switch to a risky pit strategy, if I want to get near to the podium, so dialed a splash and dash in.
This wasn't the right decision. First I lost over 15s in the pit because the engine wont start after refueling and I was placed only with a short gap in front of Rick with worn tires. Then I realize that I had to nurse the tires much more than I expected - because the temperatures were rising and the track became more abrasive. I was able to stay in front of Stefan till the last pit stop, who had clearly an engine problem.
The 2nd pit stop went much smoother and I had some confidence the reach Rick by reducing the gap ~2s every lap. In lap 62 my race ends. :tongue: Starting to accelerate after the hairpin, I saw a BMW sliding over the grass to my point and hit me badly in the right front. I got airborne and made nearly a 180°, next thing I hear - damage not repairable -, game over. No bitterness here. :)
Watching the replay I think it was just bad luck, Michael had a contact with the lapping Andreas in the left hander before the hairpin and had no chance to circumvent his "ballistic" ride over the grass.

Hope we see each other again in the next enduro round (March the 20th).

cheers

Sorry i missed this, looks like it was another enjoyable one! In the end i would've had to pull out the race mid-way anyway so having connection issues force me out after qualie wasn't a massive problem. I'll be back march 20th!

RaceDepartment is proud to announce that we are opening an USA Racing Club section for the North, Central and South Americans members. the new Racing Club is meant to serve the racing needs for the members from the above region but everybody is welcome to join, all events will be post in Eastern Standard time (EST), then with the west cost time and finally the GMT time. The club will use a fix format that will goes as follow:

The GT series include the 3 GT class, Pro, Sport and club either separately or all together at the same time, Variable is for all the none GT, S2000, one seater, Mini and Muscle cars meaning its for mods, Caterham and all the production classes. the Formula Master slot is for all one seater car in the game, either the FM, FBMW, F3000 and Radicals. the S2000 include all the WTCC cars, 06, 07, 08, 87 either all together or separately. the US Muscle cars slot is for the US Muscle Cup or the Camaro Cup class. The Saturday open slot will remain close for now as its primary meant for leagues which RD don't have one plan at this moment for the members of this side of the Atlantic.

The RaceDepartment Staff wish everybody a good experience in a friendly, clean and fair environment.

my report

I was very late and could just join during the qualy, right before i was thinking we drive Road One but now Rouen was it. Ok for me but i had a setup for Road One and did no lap before with the Beemer there.
Load Road One set and did my qualilap on P7 in good assosiation with Joao.:smile:
In warm up i change then a littlebit the brakebalance and foce, specially for the left downhill braking.
Had great racing together with Joao and could go step by step win positions.
After reaching P2 i was harder to cose the gap to Matt, till th first stop the gap stayd at around 12-13sec. Because of the pit the gap fall down to 8 sec. And slowly i reach Matt before pit two but no chance to overtake and before stop i lost also again some seconds.
But same as first stop i won tim in pit, after my stop (could now refueling lesser fuel) was now 6 seconds infront of Matt and after a mistake from him (the gap go to 13 sec) i could drive P1 home now infront of Joao.
Sorry for the touch with Michael in the left downhill, wasn´t know he hit someone after that. I underrate my speed to him and brake not early enoght to make it safety. :frown:

But really great event and the track was much fun to drive also with the slipstream section. :rolleyes:

Thanks all for driving together.

Entry list:
  1. Yves Larose
  2. Eric Nelson
  3. Patrick Byloos
  4. Anthony Donahue
  5. Jesse Dixon
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Eric Estes (maybe)
  25. Dennis Phelan (maybe)

Entry list:
  1. Dennis Phelan
  2. Péter Bártfai
  3. Bob Luneski
  4. Troy Bjerke
  5. Jesse Dixon
  6. Bill Kaiser
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Yves Larose (maybe)

Entry list:
  1. Yves Larose
  2. Eric Nelson
  3. Dariusz Swiderski
  4. Marty Pierce
  5. Stefan Werner
  6. Gregory Degreef
  7. Dean Warner
  8. Timothy Miller
  9. Keith Barrick
  10. Michael Jeffries
  11. Willie Watt
  12. Rhys Gardiner
  13. Michael Carver
  14. Paul Wood
  15. Chris Sykes
  16. Dennis Phelan
  17. Michael Keith Jeffries
  18. Will Marquez
  19. David Zafiu
  20. Hansi Josefsson
  21. Rafael Barbosa
  22. Frank Anderson
  23. Domingos Vaz
  24. Driver
  25. Bob Luneski

Please only vote if you are committed to sign up regardless if your favourite track doesn't win the poll!

If you don't know the track exactly, then watch the following track video:

700k Paul Ricard HTTT PR layout (77laps) DL -> here

Servername: RaceDepartment enduro
Track: Paul Ricard HTTT PR layout
Class: GT-Sport + Porsche 997RSR + Ferrari F430
15:30GMT Practice 1: 120mins
17:30GMT Practice 2: 60mins
18:30GMT Qualification: 20mins Superpole
18:50GMT Warmup: 10mins
19:00GMT Race: 700k or 77laps (~2:45h)

Please read:
- If you want to drive the Porsche 997RSR or the Ferrari F430, please read this post.
- Click here to read the password and golden rules!
- It is a VERY long endurance event. If you tend to leave an event after a minor crash or looking for victory at expense of a forced overtake, you should NOT sign up.
- In case if we get a lot of sign ups, I will give priority to whoever took part in the last enduro season.

!!!Important!!!

We will start the race with all the participants. If you drop during warmup or while getting on the grid we WILL restart the race. We might need to do a parade lap to make sure everyone has the proper grid position.

Manual Rolling Start Procedure

Please read closely:

- Every driver places himself on the grid as usual and waits for the red starting lights to go on and off.
- When the lights go off the formation lap starts; not the race!
- The leader starts the formation lap first and then every car simply follows him one by one.
- The formation lap is driven in a single line.
- The leader will keep the formation lap at around ~100km/h.
- The race starts when the leader enters the final turn.
- No passing is allowed before the start/finish line!!
- If you spin or go off track, you wait for the whole field to pass and rejoin at the back of the line.
- Sudden stops, brake tests and excessive swaying are forbidden during the formation lap.

Weather forecast: according to the 10 day weather forecast from weather.com, it will be raining on Saturday at 14°C in Le Castellet. :) So this will be an official wet race.
Practice 1: wet -> more rain is coming 13-14°
Practice 2: very wet -> more rain is coming 14°
Qualification: wet later expect more rain 14°
Warm up: very wet -> heavy rain 14-15°
Race: wet to very wet -> more rain is coming, chances of short dryer periods 15-14°

entry list:
1. Tobias Kluge, Vette
2. Bob Hutchins
3. Freddie Besems
4. Stefan Werner
5. João Andias
6. Ross McGregor
7. Michael Keith Jeffries
8. Xavier Locht
9. Ant Creasy
10. Michael Humpherson
11. Stefan Beemsterboer
12. Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan
13. Michael Jeffries, 997 GT3 RSR
14. David Zafiu, F430
15. Andreas Löffler, Vette
16. Yuri Braham
17. Patrick Wuyts
18. Wesley Hartog
19. Thomas Lee
25. Chris Rogerson, Seat

reserve starters:
1. Kaede Matsushima, F430
3. Rick Hurst

Skinpack DL:
http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=2337

Warning, due to bugs in the game it is possible to experience a game crash
when using custom skins. If you are unsure, don't use this skinpack or other custom skins during the race.
Install the thunder sound fix, to avoid disconnects and high CPU loads. DL here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 247 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years