RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

I really I have to practice entering the pit !!
In both races 3 times go into the pit:mad:

In the first race I went to pit and forgot changed the tires :rolleyes: in the next round going again but too quickly enter and get a stop & go penalty.So I had to go again in the third pit:redface:

In the second race of almost the same thing, go into the pit, but too fast (stop & go) changed tires and trying to finish a penalty but again changed tires :confused: and does not process the penalty so that I had for the third time in the pit.

All in all a good race without any major mistakes except pit:)

Thanks Yuri & RD. See u next track :letsgoracing:

• David Nunamaker

Practice: I did about 5 laps and spent much of it adjusting the car and scolding my dog.

Qualifying: Wasn't happy with the car and couldn't get a good lane around the track. My fastest time was 2:11 which put me at 9th.

Warmups: Did 2 laps and spent most of the time fixing the car.

Race 1: After a good start I began to drift back in the pack. I didn't change position until very late in the race. The only person near me was fellow North Carolinian Eric Estes, but I didn't think I had to worry about him. Wrong! He closed the over 2 second gap quickly and by lap 9 we were close. I managed to keep the lead until he passed me after I went wide. On lap 10 I regained 9th after he went wide on a turn and I took the inside. Even though it was a very close finish, I was first, or rather, 9th.

Race 2: Eric got a better start than me and passed me on turn 1. Coming into turn 3 I hit the back of him and lost momentum. Boring racing for me until lap 5 wh
en I attempted a pass on turn 4 I think. It was ugly and I didn't stay in the lines and I clipped him. Sorry Eric! I let him pass and settled in behind. Once again the battle came down to the wire and on lap 9 we got close. On the final lap we were side-by-side on one of the straights, but then I hit the chat key! I had meant to look left but instead I lost some valuable time. Eric finished first and I was behind by a second or something.

Great race and even though we were fighting for 9th it felt like we were battling for first, great battle Eric. Too bad I messed up the last one, it would have been a great finish!

...On another note, has any one of my fellow GTS drivers done any testing yet. I am curious what sort of lap times you all are seeing "consistently" on race fuel. I did a few laps in the Mosler today and was circulating consistently in the low 2:32's on 100 liters of fuel. Just trying to gauge where I am at in order to make a car choice. Love the Mosler, but I want to be competitive this time around.

I'm subscribed in the GTP, but I've been learning the track with a M3 with an endurance setup (race fuel & capable of doing 6hrs plus without blowing the engine); but I think your 32 low lap time is good, especially if you do it consistently and in a relaxed way.
I'm not yet into the point where I know the track with my eyes closed but I do 32’s (not low) too (with the above specs).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 124 13.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 96 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 91 9.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 64 6.7%