Formula Legacy Manager 2 - 90s

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the record, folks, I believe my Young Driver idea came about during Formula Legacy Manager 1.0 and has nothing to do with my incessant complaining about losing my top two signing positions at least twice in the 1990's.

Question - Young Driver signings. If I sign one on his second year of availability, is he eligible for a full time F1 seat after two seasons, or is a young driver always 3 seasons?

Question - Young Driver signings. If I sign one on his second year of availability, is he eligible for a full time F1 seat after two seasons, or is a young driver always 3 seasons?
Good question :thumbsup: He will be available after two seasons. His "eligible year" never changes.
And it was indeed a veeeeeeeeery old idea :D

drEozYn.png

1999 Formula One Season (10-12)

dL4Eapl.png

Qxq3Bre.png

nuzesJr.png

oAulyxa.png

Qea1isc.png

You've got 48h to send me your Buys ! Last market of the season :thumbsup:

yGe0kO2.png

I think we just need more options for rookies. Find drivers who were good but never got a chance to race in F1 like Scott Dixon, Dario Franchitti or Davide Valsecchi. If there are more options, it'll be fairer to anyone. It sucks when it comes to a signing period and there's only like 7 drivers we can choose from.

@Meff28s what about if for example I sign Hamilton as young driver after 2003, and then get Alonso on contract before 2007? I guess that would mean 2 A drivers (a bit of a gray zone for that rule).
No driver will ever be a A rookie, even Hamilton. He'll start as a good B, and will quickly become A of course (like Vettel).

I think we just need more options for rookies. Find drivers who were good but never got a chance to race in F1 like Scott Dixon, Dario Franchitti or Davide Valsecchi. If there are more options, it'll be fairer to anyone. It sucks when it comes to a signing period and there's only like 7 drivers we can choose from.
Some asked for this several times but what the point of having more bad drivers ? You never signed them. There are already many guys that were available during the game and that have never been signed. We'll have dozens of new rookies coming, I'm pretty sure that almost half of them won't race a single year in F1 (in FLM I mean). But if you want someone precisely that you like a lot, just for fun, ask me and I'll add the guy to the list.

But that's the point, drivers like Dixon and Franchitti were good enough to be A-Class drivers at their peak, or at least solid B class drivers for a while.

I think there's a lot of fixing a not-a-problems going one here.

I think there's a lot of fixing a not-a-problems going one here.
In other words, just like the real FIA?

I think what will be nice is that we will have more than 2-3 rookies to choose from. If a Tier 1 team doesn't like the current crop of veterans, he can choose a good Young Driver to develop for his team. And there will still be the normal number of regular rookies coming up that weren't accepted into a Young Driver program. I just like it because there will be more options available, and more strategy about whether to sign a veteran, or to take a Young Driver and risk getting a lower class veteran at the end of the draft.

10oPI1e.png

1999 Formula One Season (13-15)

JQH0yJC.png

jDXfutw.png

LX0NW00.png

ETpKoEt.png

kUKL5GH.png

The 1999 season is over ! Congratulations to the winners !

Off Season instructions will follow...

5IfdsqE.png

In Red, the picks of the teams that already have a A driver and that can't sign another A driver.
In
Grey, the picks of the teams that do not need to sign a driver but that can participate to Young Driver signings.
FJX6S4f.png
GtX9dAC.png

You have 24h to buy, sell, trade or fire a driver (or a signing position) !
You have 48h to send me your wish-list :thumbsup:

Last edited:
@Meff28s

What does this mean exactly?
I am guessing, that right columns in signing table will be removed. And we will only have left column *with gray numbers) as now.

@Meff28s , my question, why removing driver transfer (and does that include firing a driver)? It was expected that it will be used as it was used. Good simulation of ruthless world of F1 :D If what Ben and me did in order to get Schumacher, it could have been prevented by simple rule (example below).

Transfer have no impact on signing order. Example:
Constructor championship: Williams, Ligier, Ferrari
Signing order: Ligier, Ferrari (Williams has both drivers under contract)
I sell 1 of my drivers and as champion you put me in first for signing. Instead, I should go to the end of signing order. I'm pretty sure that I would never sell Senna, and Ben would keep Rubens, in this case. (Funny, how both times it was a Brazilian being sold) :cautious:

@rubaru
Sasha is right. The last column will be deleted. All this is to help Tier2 to get better drivers because they are still stuck in the middle. So in the correct order, if you want to get a good young driver, you'll have to pass your regular signing turn. If there are plenty of good rookies, Tier2 or 3 will probably be able to get a good guy "now". Or they could go for good rookies.

@Sasha Jednak
I agree but if it was effective, no one would never make any transfer. Transfer have just been done to get a better pick or a A driver. Nothing else. So both firing a driver and making transfers shall be removed as they are useless.

Bets this season I think will be a shot in the dark.

Also - Are you planning to provide any information on whether the Young Drivers were hired?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back