Formula Legacy Manager 2 - 20s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoa, I forgot that I hadn't sent any buys so had a mini panic attack as I thought I had thrown the championship away.

MFW I only drop 3 points to Ferrari. Max and Esteban look pretty safe to me.

Whoa, I forgot that I hadn't sent any buys so had a mini panic attack as I thought I had thrown the championship away.

MFW I only drop 3 points to Ferrari. Max and Esteban look pretty safe to me.
Well, you finished in 7 more races, which can't be caught up even with great results. And my strong track were engine types, which werent common this season. Impossible to catch up that way, but without that tactic i wouldnt have been up there anyway, so...

My bet was on Max and Honda btw :D

jQFq73F.png

2024 Formula One Season (16-18)

SjAJ2vc.png

7VVszwF.png

AS57h2B.png

5cozZ5O.png

The 2024 season is over ! Congratulations to the very last winners of this
game !

It has been a looooooooooong road to reach 2024, a little bit more than 2 years since FLM 2 started !
It was a pleasure to manage this game for you, my dear players. We walked through the entire history of Formula One, 75 years of racing, with their own stories and rivalries.
I created pics and updates every 48h during 2 years and I personally need to take a break, not for long I assure you, before I launch FLM 3.

See you very soon fellas for a brand new adventure !

Love you all,
Hugo.

History :
odIdPtR.png
RbsvsdM.png
v6fQUdA.png
VcHbiMd.png
fC6oNiL.png
DB5IYBE.png
CLTnXcs.png

Ive never seen somebody been as much dedicated as you in this forum section - at least for a period in a similar amount of time. To manage a game.is one thing, to manage a complex thing another.
But to manage and develop and maintain a complex and regular game over such a long period of time is quite a feat.

Thank you for your dedication! I am quite proud o have won both iterations so far. This should be added ro the holy trinity of forum games

Thank you for this game Hugo, and well done on doing it for so long and improving it all the time.:thumbsup: I'm very happy that I decided to join and takeover a team from @kedy89 . Take as much time away as you want, when you are ready with FLM3, we will be ready too. :cool:

!!! FLM.3 News !!!

Thank you guys for all your messages ! I think I'll launch the new game before christmas, when I'll become more available with my work.

However, I think it is a good idea to explain or present you first some features or decisions I made for the good of the new game :

The core of the gameplay. Is it fair ? Is it balanced ? Is it possible to progress and how ?

Some of you know my position about the concept of "results gets you rewards", and it's IMO the worst system there could be. Why is that ?
If you get a good result, you'll get a good reward. The "amount" of the reward helps you to upgrade your car to get better results. Then you get better results that give you better rewards.. that give you better results and so on.
Once it worked, it will constantly make you better. At the opposite, if you get a bad result and no reward.. you will only become worse every time.

My idea at the end of FLM2 was this : half of the grid is happy and progress (those who win their rivalry) and half of the grid fall (those who loose their rivalry).

I went for something dramatically different with FLM 3 based on this :
Results have absolutely NO influence on the way you will be able to upgrade your car. If you get good results.. well good for you ! That's the aim of the game after all. Good results will only help you to get better drivers... at least your first driver (see the drivers signing system below).
It's very difficult to change a signing system with so many human players. The "draft" system and the wish-lists that were currently used since FLM 2 will remain. You will all get a "signing position" and the best rank you'll have, the best guys you'll be able to sign. BUT ! Here is what will change :

What I find terribly unfair is Hakkinen-Hill facing Panis-Brundle. But what I would like a lot is a Hakkinen-Panis team facing a Hill-Brundle one. This is fair !
The "no double A drivers" rule is cool but it's not enough. The new signing system will make sure that every team should at least have one good driver.
- No tier system. It's always a nightmare and it slows down teams' evolution. In FLM3 you could become the best team during one market, even if you were the worst team (in theory it is possible but I think this specific case will never happen). It is made to make the game more fun, less predictable, and keep battles close until the very last race of each season.

- No bets. I liked the idea a lot and it was one of the features of FLM2. But it could ruin the future season of a team with a bad guess. Bets offered crowns even before the season were launched and it was not the aim of this idea.

- No Young Driver Programme. It was a cool feature and it worked pretty well but it was sometimes very painful to handle alongside regular signings. One market is already hard to manage, two makes it crazy. You also always bought the "very best" rookies but the YDP were pretty useless for the "common" drivers.

- No Reliability upgrades. First because it makes you feel that it's unfair. Second because once you get how many % you needed, every team bought the same amount of Reliability.. and it kills the concept of reliability VS pace. Every team will have the same reliability rate and it will be 100% fair. In 3 races, every driver will retire once. That's all.

- Regulation and rules changes. FLM2 was hard to manage. I mean to update pics and stuff every 48h + updating my sheets to get 16 races instead of 12 etc.. I want FLM3 to be easier to manage for me and I want History to be "fair". Fangio, Senna, Hamilton will race the same amount of races every year, it won't change and follow the "real" calendars of Formula One.. because we won't be in Formula One with our custom teams. The points system will also probably not change through time. It should be 10-8-6-5-4-3-2-1.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 346 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 239 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 237 10.6%
  • < 4 years