Formula Legacy Manager 2 - 00s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually i like it how it is.
You can gamble and profit. You can gamble and get lost totally. You can play it safe but loose pp for other upgrades.

But let's hear your new version first.
After gambling and losing multiple times, I just switched to playing safe. No point really. My last and only win in gamble was when I beat you and Senna to constructors title. :p

Random is good. Six races is absolutely too little sample size to draw any conclusions. If over 100 races a team finishes 80% of their races with 35%, then there is a problem but 5/6 is not a problem IMO if the system works as expected but is just down to random luck.
I for one won't be participating if there are "scripted" retirements.

In other news, Arrows almost scored a point!

In a certain point of view, it's already "scripted". As a driver actually can't retire during 5 races in a row for example.. But you don't feel it as a "script" you see ?
When I talk about "scripted" retirements, it's something like that. You wouldn't be able to see it if I haven't talked about it. The only thing that matters is that every driver will retire 6 times during a season. And that's all. You don't know when, you don't know for example if he will retire every Aero race.
But at the end of the season, someone has not lost his Tier battle because he retired one more race than his opponent. You just all have the same reliability and you can deal with it.

[
In a certain point of view, it's already "scripted". As a driver actually can't retire during 5 races in a row for example.. But you don't feel it as a "script" you see ?
When I talk about "scripted" retirements, it's something like that. You wouldn't be able to see it if I haven't talked about it. The only thing that matters is that every driver will retire 6 times during a season. And that's all. You don't know when, you don't know for example if he will retire every Aero race.
But at the end of the season, someone has not lost his Tier battle because he retired one more race than his opponent. You just all have the same reliability and you can deal with it.
I really, really prefer the current system.

I agree with Tapio here, that scripting you mentioned is just taking out reliability from tactics and puts it 100% to roulette. :D As I said on previous page, just take that scripting you are preparing and adjust it to current system (script every 3 races).
In any case, I will not leave the game, I like the game, that's why I'm still here. :thumbsup:

While keeping the current system, maybe you can add a new variation called "driver risk/pace". We can pick a risk level for each of our drivers when we make our purchases. There can be risk levels from 1-to-5. 1 means a driver goes slower, but very little chance of retirement, 5 means much faster with increased DNF chance. Someone can pick 1 if they want to finish, someone can go with 5 if they need to get some top results desperately. 3 means neutral and doesn't have any effects.

While keeping the current system, maybe you can add a new variation called "driver risk/pace". We can pick a risk level for each of our drivers when we make our purchases. There can be risk levels from 1-to-5. 1 means a driver goes slower, but very little chance of retirement, 5 means much faster with increased DNF chance. Someone can pick 1 if they want to finish, someone can go with 5 if they need to get some top results desperately. 3 means neutral and doesn't have any effects.
I like that idea a little, but I don't want this game to turn in IGP/GPRO, so we'd have to find a way to keep it simple.

I'm pretty surprised by all the things I've read here. I have to admit that I always understood your different point of you guys.. but not this time :confused:

Sometimes I disagreed, of course, but I always understood, which is the most important, and I tried to take it into account for future evolutions :thumbsup:

Really this time I feel like I missed something :D. Current reliability system is IMO 100% luck related.
5/6 finishes with 35% Rel. is, indeed, a real problem.
How would it be worse if you all had, let say, 60% reliability and get the corresponding amount of finishes :cautious: ?
Does the problem you guys point comes more from the fact that you would all have the same reliability stat ?

@Omer Said
I wanted to add this (a risk level you pick before the races) at the start of FLM 2 but there were 2 issues. First of all, after simulating hundreds of races, one option was always the better thing to do. So if you guys found out which one it was, you would all do the same and it would have lost its interest. And second because, indeed, like @oorjit07 said, it created something with a way more "complex" gameplay. More orders to send me. The less things you send me, the best the game will be IMO. I always wanted to keep it as simple as possible. But I like the idea, this was the center piece of my Football manager game :geek:

qJZ3wIu.png

2003 Formula One Season (4-6)

14uwWSO.png

wRYP04A.png

hS3PmOL.png

wZBcNl4.png

AZ0G9ER.png

You've got 48h to send me your Buys !

Xdg4kHh.png

How would it be worse if you all had, let say, 60% reliability and get the corresponding amount of finishes :cautious: ?
Does the problem you guys point comes more from the fact that you would all have the same reliability stat ?

Football manager game :geek:

1) As I wrote, if you put same reliability for all, you are taking away reliability as strategy element. Current problem is that we don't get what we pay for, when we buy reliability. With engine/aero it's different, you get what you pay for, except 1-2 times per season, when other team's driver gets great day and beats you in slower car (lucky me, look at SMR :roflmao:). Which is fine, and it doesn't happen to often.

2) Did I miss something, you had this game here on forum? :confused:

1) As I wrote, if you put same reliability for all, you are taking away reliability as strategy element. Current problem is that we don't get what we pay for, when we buy reliability. With engine/aero it's different, you get what you pay for, except 1-2 times per season, when other team's driver gets great day and beats you in slower car (lucky me, look at SMR :roflmao:). Which is fine, and it doesn't happen to often.

2) Did I miss something, you had this game here on forum? :confused:
You get what you pay for. In the long run. And good and bad days should happen.
But it should be closer to what we paid for.

Other than that, the system is great.

I wonder though...now that I think about it. In the past, through all of FLM 2.0, has the reliability value translated directly into DNF rate? Or is it more like we had something break and we can fix it in the pits with a long stop? If it is the former, then finishing 5/6 with 35% is ridiculous. But if it's just a minor fix during the race, then perhaps it should translate into a slower drive. I think we are all assuming that a 35% reliability rating should translate to a 2/6 finishing rate, but in reality it might just mean 2/6 finishing WELL. 4/6 can be shared between somehow getting a slower car or a DNF.

Well, that is not an issue because 5 retirements in a row is so incredibly rare that I don't think that kind of a rule should have to be enforced. But each driver having the exact same number of retirements? No thank you. Equality is about giving everyone a level playing field to start from (in this game taking into account previous season, rightfully so), not making everyone equal by eliminating luck.

All I say is that I would be 100% fine, delighted really, if one of my drivers pulled a "de Cesaris". I know other people take these games more seriously but I for one wouldn't mind some real crazy results from time to time, even if they destroyed my team :laugh:

!!! FLM News !!!

I've spent my whole saturday morning to find a way to make you happier with Reliability :thumbsup: I found a way to give you what you pay for. The system is still based on random numbers but, for example, a 65% reliability should give you 4 on 6 finishs. I'm saying "should give you" because it could be a little bit less.. or a little bit more.. But a 35% reliability won't give you a 5/6 finish rate.
Those new formulas will be applied now and for the rest of the season. We will see how it works but I'm pretty happy with the current results I got.

T63PbrM.png

2003 Formula One Season (7-9)

wIjL8EZ.png

iKyzwQd.png

xxKcchH.png

BaEzets.png

vGh5QfE.png

You've got 48h to send me your Buys !

PGQ7hru.png

Ye5D0mH.png

2003 Formula One Season (10-12)

OFPrp9X.png

snJwFJh.png

yw5ztUk.png

YYqcred.png

iPlzvLG.png

You've got 48h to send me your Buys ! Last market of the season :thumbsup:

5FfDcmy.png

By the way, the Honda seat si still free.. if you guys have some ideas for a new player..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back