Formula Legacy Manager 2 - 00s

Status
Not open for further replies.
H3mxajb.png

In Red, the picks of the teams that already have a A driver and that can't sign another A driver (if any available).
amB289V.png
Y9vyn3Z.png

You have 48h to send me your wish-list :thumbsup:

@Meff28s in future, could you announce when a team has changed, I see Jordan has gone, but could you let us know who they have been replaced with?
Toyota has been replaced with Caterham, but didn't realize they were from Malaysia.

Also - not a fan of current system. Tier 3 winning the ocassional race is fine, but not both championships.

@Sasha Jednak When is this gonna end?
You again...
In addition to that.... Having a two teams per tier system definetely supports situations like this, where you always have to beat the same team every two seasons.

You also can't stay in tier 2, 3 or 4 for more than one season which is a bit strange.

What was the reason again to go to two team tiers again? Because a with gaps between tiers reduced and three cars in each tier it still be very competitive.

In addition to that.... Having a two teams per tier system definetely supports situations like this, where you always have to beat the same team every two seasons.

You also can't stay in tier 2, 3 or 4 for more than one season which is a bit strange.
What was the reason again to go to two team tiers again? Because a with gaps between tiers reduced and three cars in each tier it still be very competitive.

Yeah that's an issue I was thinking of even before the system was set.. But I thought that Williams or Ferrari needed to be champion once to change the fact that you would be in the same tier again and again.. It didn't happen..
I went for 5 tiers and 2 teams per Tier because we are 10 teams.. But mostly that allowed us to set the "Rival system" which I think is pretty good instead of sponsors (which I never liked) Anyway I'm totally open for discussion but what could we do ?

Could we get rid of tiers altogether?
Instead, replace it with a sliding scale of initial PP, based on position in the previous constructor's championship
for example:
Williams - 10,10
McLaren - 9,9
Sauber - 8,8
Renault - 7,7
Ferrari - 6,6
Jordan - 5,5
Toyota - 4,4
Red Bull - 3,3
Honda - 2,2
Force India - 1,1

Then its up to each manager to decide whether their rival is the team beginning below them (the safe option), or the team above them (riskier, but with a larger reward)?
for example:
Sauber are in 3rd place, so could choose Mclaren as their rival and make 6pp per marketplace, or choose to go up against Renault and win only 4

We could maybe make 1pp worth less, so that there could be 2pp gaps between teams, but we recieve a bit more for beating our rivals - just to provide a bit more separation between teams at the start of the season

@The_Laskinator
This was things I thought of a long time ago. Main Problem is that it gives to the current champion a bonus to become champion again. Also the "choose your rival" thing couldn't work properly. Again the last champion will ALWAYS face a slower rival. The worst team will also always have a faster rival.

Anyway, IMO, there are two tiny things that could/should be fixed :
• 2PP gap only between tiers is maybe too little (2PP because there's 1 in Aero and 1 in Engine).. 4PP gap (2A 2E) was certainly too big.
• Every two seasons, the same two teams are rivals again.. one becomes worse, the other becomes better.. and so on.

Very easy way to fix both :

• Tiers are no longer determined by who is promoted and who is relegated but simply on the last year Standings.
The Champion and his runner-up => Tier 1
3rd and 4th => Tier 2
5th and 6th => Tier 3
7th and 8th => Tier 4
9th and 10th => Tier 5

It will allow teams to skip Tiers and encourage them to continue to spend and get better results to get a better Tier for next year.

• According to your new Tier, you'll receive a certain amount of PP to spend the way you want to spend them.

Your teams won't start at 3A-3E for example but at 1A-1E with 4PP added to your Reserve. 2PP seems too little, 4PP too big, so you should get 3PP per Tier.

Tier 1 => +12PP
Tier 2 => +9PP
Tier 3 => +6PP
Tier 4 => +3PP
Tier 5 => +0PP

... Plus the bets, the amount of PP you saved from last year and the drivers ratings.

Example with Ferrari for the upcoming season :
5PP saved, no bets, 2 A Driver = 7PP
Tier 2 gives +9PP
Ferrari starts at 1A / 1E / 40%R with 16PP in its Reserve to spend.

(I should also remove the +9PP max on one part during a market, it's a completely useless rule and won't allow you to build the car you want to build for each season.)

The Tiers have already been set for next season so I won't change them. However, the little PP bonus change per Tier will be introduced right now for this off season !

Very easy way to fix both :

• Tiers are no longer determined by who is promoted and who is relegated but simply on the last year Standings.
The Champion and his runner-up => Tier 1
3rd and 4th => Tier 2
5th and 6th => Tier 3
7th and 8th => Tier 4
9th and 10th => Tier 5

It will allow teams to skip Tiers and encourage them to continue to spend and get better results to get a better Tier for next year.
• According to your new Tier, you'll receive a certain amount of PP to spend the way you want to spend them.
Your teams won't start at 3A-3E for example but at 1A-1E with 4PP added to your Reserve. 2PP seems too little, 4PP too big, so you should get 3PP per Tier.

Tier 1 => +12PP
Tier 2 => +9PP
Tier 3 => +6PP
Tier 4 => +3PP
Tier 5 => +0PP

... Plus the bets, the amount of PP you saved from last year and the drivers ratings.

Example with Ferrari for the upcoming season :
5PP saved, no bets, 2 A Driver = 7PP
Tier 2 gives +9PP
Ferrari starts at 1A / 1E / 40%R with 16PP in its Reserve to spend.

(I should also remove the +9PP max on one part during a market, it's a completely useless rule and won't allow you to build the car you want to build for each season.)
The Tiers have already been set for next season so I won't change them. However, the little PP bonus change per Tier will be introduced right now for this off season !

These both sound good to me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back