Formula ks2 @ Bahrein wednesday January 5th 2011

Hey!

first race for me here. Was good fun! I am new to Netkar since a few weeks and than nearly a double win tonight :)
The first race Ulus got the pole, but I got him at the start. From this point on I was lonely in front, with the guys about 2 seconds behind me. But I made it without any mistakes.
Second race I got the Pole with a 1,37.1** I wondered myself cause of this fast time :) I won the start and set me in front of the field. I think in lap 12 or 13 Colin came closer and closer under I was very hard under pressure. Then suddenly in the 4th last corner there was a lag or something and he jumped into me. So the race was over. Sad, but no ones fault :-(

Had 2 nice races thx to all and cu next time

I had a good first race, and I feel I have learned something in the last week concerning running this car on worn tyres.

Race one was a fun adventure. I started third and got a good start, however, Sergio always gets the most amazing starts! I think he is doing some practice in between watching Johnny Depp films! So I headed to T1 in fourth place behind Oliver, Ulus and Sergio, the two Marlboro machines line astern. We ran the first lap, all reasonably cautious, then at the exit of the final corner Sergio got out of the throttle and I got a big run on him. Figuring that there was alot of race left to go I held off on a "do or die" manoeuvre into turn one, but Sergio expected me to do so and duly outbraked himself in his attempts to brake later than me. We ran side by side through T2 but the line was with Sergio and he held third place as we powered towards the next big braking area in T4. I still got a much better exit from T3 and I figured that Sergio was having traction issues, and may not be ultimately able to run at my pace. In T4 I once again dropped back in the braking area, the slippery exit of T4 meant that I did not want to challenge for a pass here on the basis that we would probably both end up off the road at the exit. Sergio, alas, outbraked himself again and I nearly slipped past. Marques was then ragged through turns 5 and 6 and I had another run on him into T7, another place that I figure is not really for passing so held back, Sergio, as was becoming a theme by now, outbraked himself again and this time went very, deep and off the road, so I was able to slip past. Some good racing Sergio, but ultimately you could have gone slower and kept me at bay, I am not going to make a stupid move on you, I have too much respect for you and everyone i race with.

I then set about closing the gap to the leaders, it was tough work, i could see Ulus looking quite ragged whilst snapping at the gearbox of Oliver, and hoped that they would slow eachother down by battling, but as i entered T4 on lap 4 or 5 Ulus spun on the slippery exit and was gone. I ran in second place then for the rest of the race. Oliver's tyres went off before mine which enabled me to close to 1.1 seconds at one point, but as things evened out the gap grew to 2 seconds and hovered between 1.7 and 2.6 for the remainder of the race. On the final lap i saw the gap to Colin was around 7 or 8 seconds (Colin had started to catch me at a point in the middle of the race, by 0.5 per lap, after he passed Laurent, but was too far back to challenge) and took it easy, and dropped another second to Oliver in the process. Oliver made no mistakes in the race, neither did I, and I chased him the whole way, keeping him in sight. Some good racing all round.

In race two I qualified on the front row alongside Oliver with a 1.37.6 and as I arrived on the grid my wheel and pedals stopped working. All the buttons worked, but not the controls. I went to the box to see if I could do anything but nothing worked, when I exited back to the menus everything worked fine again. Very odd, not had this happen before.

It was a shame that i had wheel trouble in race two as my front row starting position I think would have put me in contention, but these things happen.

btw, i could not see the skins being run for Oliver or Laurent, possibly others. I thought i had all skin packs installed but maybe i am missing one?

I started third and got a good start, however, Sergio always gets the most amazing starts! I think he is doing some practice in between watching Johnny Depp films!

You know, pirates always have their tricks and is a very easy one, but still those red lights just take so long to go away!

Marques was then ragged through turns 5 and 6 and I had another run on him into T7, another place that I figure is not really for passing so held back, Sergio, as was becoming a theme by now, outbraked himself again and this time went very, deep and off the road, so I was able to slip past. Some good racing Sergio, but ultimately you could have gone slower and kept me at bay, I am not going to make a stupid move on you, I have too much respect for you and everyone i race with.

I was focus on following Ulus and I think he also miss the breaking point, so I just follow.

Ah yes, I remember seeing Ulus go wide too.

Of course, both of you have the same skin and helmet (That Marlboro skin comes with a helmet too, curious!), so not easy to tell you apart! Good, clean racing though Sergio, thanks. :)

I'd love to get a ZIP download of everyone's custom helmet design if they have one, really helps immersion.

for me yesterday very bad race, I understand anything about this car! training regularly in all rounds in 1.37 / 1.38 and 1.38.4 qualyf painfully in the first and
1.38.1 in the second!!
during the first rowing race car with a setup or my best time was 1.37.4 and the second with the same config it did over the road, so I was very surprised a second place than I deserve not at all !!!!!
Bravo Oliver and Colin as well Ulus who has not had luck

thanks for last night guys, enjoyed it a lot. really need to work on my starts though...

2nd race was great. got into 2nd place, realised oliver had gone into coast mode at the front, managed to sneak in 2 quick laps and gain 2 seconds on oliver before he realised he some competition :) . Had a great time chasing him round until my car joined with near the end like he said. badly timed lag i think - his car seemed to freeze on the apex of corner and then i got launched into hyperspace.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 99 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 177 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 353 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 493 39.2%