Cars Formula Hybrid X 2021 by Race Sim Studio

The car looks and feels amazing but, I am going crazy with the Halo. I found the Halo option under Setup > Visuals. But it goes from 0 to 90 and basically it's one or the other, and I don't seem to see any affect. I can not get the Halo to be transparent. What am I doing wrong?

Last edited:
The current version of the X is the 2022 v3. Halo option goes from 0-1, and it works to turn transparent.
Previous 2021 v2 also went from 0-1 and the transparency worked too. Maybe redowload it from sellfy to get latest version?

Unlike some earlier RSS cars, turning halo off doesn't remove it completely, it only turns the middle bar into glass. So in third person view it still looks like halo is there
20210327013312_1.jpg

^ As above, on the f3 v6, f2 v6, f2 v6 2020 the whole halo could be completely removed because it was a bolt on piece in the real car. For the fh19,20,21,21/22x it was left just a optional transparent middle piece as the halo is fully integrated on the chassis. The exception is the fh18 "s0", where they still made it fully detacheable.

I just purchased it yesterday. The 2021 v2. When I change the Halo setting in Content Manager, nothing changes.

Car is the latest version (March 29) and Content Manager is up to date.

Last edited:
Something doesn't add up here. This thread is for the Hybrid X 21, that was later rebranded as Hybrid X 22, given the postpone of future f1 rules. So if you buy/download it now, you should get the Hybrid X 2022 V3 from sellfy.

Oth, if you bought the FH21 instead (non X, recently released and currently in V2), ingame and on CM the halo will show transparent if you activate the halo animation. Under the CM Showroom, "lod1" should be selected to represent lodA ingame, but even then, on lod0 it'll show too as transparent under CM Showroom. Can you show an image of the issue and a screenshot of your car folder with data.acd, kn5 names and file dates?

Last edited:
OK, that's the FH21 (non-X), which is currently in V2 (and not the Formula Hybrid X this thread refers to). The current FH21 package V2 had that particular issue fixed ingame for csp users.
Again, please share the date/time of the formula_hybrid_2021.kn5 file in your v2 package, and a screenshot of the issue.
1617627560446.pnghalo.jpg
(this is how the car you linked should be showing)

Last edited:
Okay, so I have been changing the Halo setting through the Car Setup menu before apparently. There is a Visual tab with just one setting.

Now I opened the car in Showroom page and when I Tick the Halo animation, yes the halo becomes transparent in the showroom. But I can’t manage to get that in the race still. The car I see in the showroom (I press Update in the showroom) and the race isn’t the same car in a way.

OK, that's the FH21 (non-X), which is currently in V2 (and not the Formula Hybrid X this thread refers to). The current FH21 package V2 had that particular issue fixed ingame for csp users.
Again, please share the date/time of the formula_hybrid_2021.kn5 file in your v2 package, and a screenshot of the issue.
View attachment 461698View attachment 461700
(this is how the car you linked should be showing)

THANK YOU! I got it to work now thanks to your second screenshot!!!

AH! Sorry, I failed to figure what you were trying to do. In CM when you press the "Manage Setups" button, what it shows is just the last used setup (or other stored setups to manage), so you can still change it and save to a new setup file after exiting a session, and place it in either the generic or a specific track folder. And then, after starting a new session, you'll be able to load that setup file from the ingame setup menu.
The next session won't start automatically with those changes, and that was your issue.

Last edited:
Hey Guys!

We have a competition running inside our Discord channel on our URD Challenge series we have going,
The winner of these weeks event will receive a 100% Discount on all RSS content all cars free!

To join please join our Discord channel and download this software
Once downloaded and installed we have a special Discord bot what updates times live from ingame directly into the channel we set up for the events!
RSS-URD-Challenge - Channel

Competition ends on Sunday night this week is the Redbul Ring + Hybrid X
each week there is different challenges on cars and tracks.

inside the channel there is a PDF and some more information pinned regarding settings and events.

Upcoming Calendar
schedule.png

1626710002465.png

Just noticed a small issue with the skin 01_evo_vintage_4 for the new EVO version. The files 2019_Chassis_P and RSS_T1 are missing. These can be copied from the skin 02_evo_vintage_5 but there are some small differences to the preview.

As a peasant who uses a single 16:9 screen instead of VR or triples or ultrawide like everyone else, I just want to say I wholeheartedly approve of the new halo removal style in FHX Evo, works way better than turning the middle bar into glass. Also thanks for the update.

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 351 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing