Cars Formula Hybrid X 2021 by Race Sim Studio

Please don't laugh at this question because i'm new to this, but how do you check to see if new versions of a car are available? Is there a place on your site for updates because I couldn't find it. I also bought the RSS Bayro when it was released and now I'm wondering if I'm using the wrong version since I never updated it.
That's fine. We always provide email updates when an update is issued.

If you are unsure or did not receive an email for any reason, you can always get the latest product files from your original (or any update) email.

Essentially, after you make any purchase on SellFy, whatever download link you receive in your email will take you to a custom, static storage location specifically made for you. It will always hold the latest files.

That's fine. We always provide email updates when an update is issued.

If you are unsure or did not receive an email for any reason, you can always get the latest product files from your original (or any update) email.

Essentially, after you make any purchase on SellFy, whatever download link you receive in your email will take you to a custom, static storage location specifically made for you. It will always hold the latest files.

Thank you for the info. That's going to be a problem for the Bayro. I'm not sure I have the original email. Will have to look thru my email archives. If not, I will just buy it again to get a new email ink. No biggie because it's not that expensive.

Only reason I ask is I was hoping an updated version would solve to very minor issues I have with the Bayro that i'm not sure are my fault for installing it wrong. The car doesn't gather dirt like other cars do (I spend a lot of time off track) and when using the sidekick app, the tire wear\temps don't register. It will go up to 100 after a few laps like normal, but then never goes down from 100 even after 20 laps or more. Only car I have ever tried that do these two things. Doesn't impact driving it and it's my favorite one to drive so it's not a real problem. Just trying to figure out if I installed something wrong. Hope you guys are still working on the rest of your modern GT3 pack to go along with the Bayro.

Thank you for the info. That's going to be a problem for the Bayro. I'm not sure I have the original email. Will have to look thru my email archives. If not, I will just buy it again to get a new email ink. No biggie because it's not that expensive.

Only reason I ask is I was hoping an updated version would solve to very minor issues I have with the Bayro that i'm not sure are my fault for installing it wrong. The car doesn't gather dirt like other cars do (I spend a lot of time off track) and when using the sidekick app, the tire wear\temps don't register. It will go up to 100 after a few laps like normal, but then never goes down from 100 even after 20 laps or more. Only car I have ever tried that do these two things. Doesn't impact driving it and it's my favorite one to drive so it's not a real problem. Just trying to figure out if I installed something wrong. Hope you guys are still working on the rest of your modern GT3 pack to go along with the Bayro.
Oh no, you won't have to buy it again! On our contact forms for the missing download email, we provide details of what to do in this situation, but you can also email us and we can reissue you with your product download email. Besides, when we provide a product update, you will also have a download button attached to it.

The dirt texture removal is an intentional choice here to boost the look of the car that will be on the track the majority of the time. It's something we've done for some of our more recent top formula cars. The car does have some advanced carbon textures which are prioritized: it's a challenge to make one look good with the other.

Unfortunately, I am unfamiliar with the sidekick application. I can download it and take a look.

Last edited:
Thanks @CC and @NeverKrash .

I noticed the v2 download just after posting, have deleted existing and installed new version. Haven't had chance to run it but will let you know how I get on.

Can't stop racing this at the moment. Great fun with the AI at Silverstone.

Thanks @CC and @NeverKrash

Performance is now great and back to having large grid sizes :thumbsup:.

However, using CM analyse tool shows 5 LODs. Checked the folder and can see main kn5 and LOD B, C & D so not sure what's going on.

Also, when racing, the wheel covers disappear until up close - might be something to do with skins that include replacement extension folder files? Double checked related CM settings and defaulted anything that could have an impact but same issue. Guess I should have a go with just basic skins. I did do a clean install and then put back skins. Might try clean install and not add any new skins next...

Thanks @CC and @NeverKrash

Performance is now great and back to having large grid sizes :thumbsup:.

However, using CM analyse tool shows 5 LODs. Checked the folder and can see main kn5 and LOD B, C & D so not sure what's going on.

Also, when racing, the wheel covers disappear until up close - might be something to do with skins that include replacement extension folder files? Double checked related CM settings and defaulted anything that could have an impact but same issue. Guess I should have a go with just basic skins. I did do a clean install and then put back skins. Might try clean install and not add any new skins next...
Hi Michael,
Regarding the .kn5 structure we had a special script made by Ilja so we can take extra advantage of custom cars for the showrooms kinda like GT Sport,

the default kunos showrooms its very hard to add rake without adding it inside 3ds max where we create the cars,
so we save 1 version with 0 rake for kunos vanilla users and 1 special kn5 for CM-Content Manager with insane rake like ingame,

regarding the performance if you require more please have a look at this we created.

1582053309546.png

1582053375184.png

1582053428091.png

I hope that clears up any questions or concerns you had,
we do try our best to provide the best content with the best features.

... the wheel covers disappear until up close

Anyone have any ideas? I've clean reinstalled, using only stock skins, tried 2k skins, checked LOD settings in CM but consistently have disappearing wheel covers.

It's particularly off-putting as the area is also becomes effectively transparent.

Probably a setting or something I've missed in CM... If I work out a solution I'll update this post but I seem to be the only one!

Anyone have any ideas? I've clean reinstalled, using only stock skins, tried 2k skins, checked LOD settings in CM but consistently have disappearing wheel covers.

It's particularly off-putting as the area is also becomes effectively transparent.

Probably a setting or something I've missed in CM... If I work out a solution I'll update this post but I seem to be the only one!
Hi,
Yes very sorry about these technical issues Micheal,
please go download the V2 again was updated with a new LOD_B file,
again sorry about any inconvenience caused.

Hi,
Yes very sorry about these technical issues Micheal,
please go download the V2 again was updated with a new LOD_B file,
again sorry about any inconvenience caused.

Thanks, running great now in VR with 20 cars :thumbsup:

I did just do a quick install over the top using CM, so that might be the culprit, but whilst drooling over the replay of my last race I noticed external engine sound was either very low or missing when viewing back at car from elevated position to front LH side of car... Will clean install tonight and double check.

Regardless of these couple of minor issues, this is the most fun I've had in a mod for a long time and loving the community skins being made for it... So many thanks for all the hard work!

Reactions: CC
Thanks, running great now in VR with 20 cars :thumbsup:

I did just do a quick install over the top using CM, so that might be the culprit, but whilst drooling over the replay of my last race I noticed external engine sound was either very low or missing when viewing back at car from elevated position to front LH side of car... Will clean install tonight and double check.

Regardless of these couple of minor issues, this is the most fun I've had in a mod for a long time and loving the community skins being made for it... So many thanks for all the hard work!
Yes sorry about these small teething problems Micheal,
It was caused on my end the last LOD_B fix was down to removing some viewing features inside the main LOD_A for the Kunos showroom I copied these values inside the persistence file for the sdk into the B lod so unfortunately resulted in the vanishing wheels at distance,
everything is updated and solved now I am not sure regarding the audio, I know for example if you are using say the freeroam camera audio can come and go different positions and channels its not something i would worry too much about tbh happens to me a lot also inspecting the cars while making them. :)

First off I absolutely love the mod, it is a pleasure to drive. I think this car honestly is some of your finest work and is definitely one of the best cars available in AC.

The only issue I have with the mod is that the sound on the external views is significantly softer than the sound in the cockpit cams. I don't find it that noticeable when on speakers but with a headset on it can be a lot more noticeable.

Anyway I just wanted to congratulate you guys on the fantastic mod and I wouldn't be surprised if the error is on my side.

Hi guys, I was wondering what the numbers on the front wheel covers stand for, are they related to the number of pit stops? or track position?

Heya, did you see the updated regulations regarding front wing and rear wing endplate changes? They've redone those parts to allow for better sponsorship placement.

Will these changes trickle down to the mod?

Heya, did you see the updated regulations regarding front wing and rear wing endplate changes? They've redone those parts to allow for better sponsorship placement.

Will these changes trickle down to the mod?
Currently we have 0 plans to make any more changes until we make a new car, this current version will remain, there is way too many liveries out there to be completely making changes.
It looks like you might have to rename this the Formula Hybrid X 2022 as Formula 1 have put the new regs back a full year.
Yep.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back