Formula Hybrid 2021 | Mercedes W12 Skin [8K & 4K]

Skins Formula Hybrid 2021 | Mercedes W12 Skin [8K & 4K] NEW UPDATE

Login or Register an account to download this content
I have a question regarding the tires. If I replace the default files under the car's extension folder, will it replace all the tires for all liveries of the RSS FH 2021? I'm afraid to overwrite those files. Are they only graphic changes for the tires or something more?

I have a question regarding the tires. If I replace the default files under the car's extension folder, will it replace all the tires for all liveries of the RSS FH 2021? I'm afraid to overwrite those files. Are they only graphic changes for the tires or something more?
You can backup the default files first. Though you can always re-download the mod to get the original files. They are just textures though, purely visual with no effect on tire physics, it's entirely different files that do that.

Hey looks great, but content manager say car not supported?

Attachments

• sfvc.png
    sfvc.png
    5.6 KB · Views: 69
TcKModder updated Formula Hybrid 2021 | Mercedes W12 Skin [8K] with a new update entry:

Mercedes RSS 2021 UPDATE 2.1

UPDATE 2.1:

- ADDED 4K SKIN AS REQUESTED (200 MB)
- 8K SKIN NOW WEIGHS LESS THAN 300 MB, FROM 700 TO 400

- Adjusted red, now it's clearer
- Blue, white and carbon lines now in high definition
- Hamilton and Bottas' helmets from 2020 added, pending new ones
- Removed some AMG logos to accommodate the new Teamviewer sponsor on the bonnet
- Adjusted an AMG logo in the engine cover
- Adjusted the carbon at the end of the belly pan along with the Petronas Primax logo
- Adjusted...

Read the rest of this update entry...

So about your 4K skin. The main body texture is indeed 4096x4096, but the file weight is 4 times that of a DXT5 compressed 4096x4096 .dds. And the reflection map is 8K. Whole skin is 236mb when you could trim it to about 50mb with next to zero loss of visual quality.

I don't know, guess I just need to get used to the fact that I can't ever again just download a skin and use it, I need to scale and compress the .dds's myself since skinmakers won't do that anymore for some reason. At least I can do that, just sucks for those who don't have the tools and know-how for that

Last edited:
So about your 4K skin. The main body texture is indeed 4096x4096, but the file weight is 4 times that of a DXT5 compressed 4096x4096 .dds. And the reflection map is 8K. Whole skin is 236mb when you could trim it to about 50mb with next to zero loss of visual quality.

I don't know, guess I just need to get used to the fact that I can't ever again just download a skin and use it, I need to scale and compress the .dds's myself since skinmakers won't do that anymore for some reason. At least I can do that, just sucks for those who don't have the tools and know-how for that
That's why I created the discord server, maybe we can talk about it there:)

I believe I have said all there is to say. Btw this skin is superb work aside from the issues I have pointed out
You know the green area that was in the first version? It was saved via DXT5, to solve that problem I had to change the setting, as for the map file, I will solve it in the next update

TcKModder updated Formula Hybrid 2021 | Mercedes W12 Skin [8K & 4K] with a new update entry:

Mercedes RSS 2021 UPDATE 3.0

UPDATE 2.1:

- UPDATED THE 4K FILE, NOW THE 2021_Chassis_P & 2021_Chassis_P_MAP FILE WEIGHT 16 MB EACH
- FIXED THE FILE MAP, NOW THE SPONSORS ARE OPAQUE AND THE WHITE SHADE IS SLIGHTLY OPAQUE

- Added the Hamilton's 2021 helmet (thanks to JSoria)
- Added the Bottas 2021 helmet (thanks to JSoria)
- Fixed the red part and ineos logo in the bonnet, now it's longer
- Fixed Niki Lauda's star, now it has the right position
- Updated the Petronas logo on the nose
- Updated the...

TcKModder updated Formula Hybrid 2021 | Mercedes W12 Skin [8K & 4K] with a new update entry:

Mercedes RSS 2021 IMOLA UPDATE

IMOLA UPDATE:
- ADDED ADDONS TO W12 (Thanks to @ben32star)

- ADJUSTED THE SEATS, NOW THEY ARE CORRECT AS IN REAL LIFE (Thanks to @Random Finn)
- CHANGED THE GLOSS OF THE CARBON, NOW IT IS NO LONGER MATT BUT GLOSSY

- Added new gloves of Hamilton and Bottas (Thanks to @Random Finn)
- Adjusted the Petronas blue color in the front wing
- Adjusted the Ineos red color on the rear wing

Hi !

Great work, thank you so much but I got an annoying problem here with the last two updates, the previews (with CM) and the two cars still black in game.

The last good one version was the update 2.1 here.

Did you changed the DXT compression or something like this ?

By the way, thanks a lot for sharing your time and your talent. ;)

Hi !

Great work, thank you so much but I got an annoying problem here with the last two updates, the previews (with CM) and the two cars still black in game.

The last good one version was the update 2.1 here.

Did you changed the DXT compression or something like this ?

By the way, thanks a lot for sharing your time and your talent. ;)
Hi, could you send me the photos?

Hi, could you send me the photos?
Hi ! :)

All my apologies for the late answer and thank you for your kindness.

Your skin in CM, before my own preview

The result with the two last versions of the skin

My own preview with the 2.1 version of your skin, your two last versions gave me the "black issue".

Obviously in the game, the car stills black as shown with the preview.

I wish you a good day. ;)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 327 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing