Cars Formula Hybrid 2019 by Race Sim Studio

96871a48bbc5b5e52f69942b7daf3f22.jpg

b8ddb0d706cfe9827a9acff3cce9e975.png

8d78a651780f2ed14bacc19fb850164c.png

692b5a343cd5ed791dfd41d42c380d20.jpg

Yes we will do Bob at some point, but all the dev is completed, wouldn't make much difference regarding the results there be nothing to change, but we will look over the car yes. :)
so the s duct and little winglets and stuff won't change the aero balance?

so the s duct and little winglets and stuff won't change the aero balance?
The model basically have no effect on the performance in game(if AC get aerodynamic performance according to the model, or I may say does CFD when you play you'd probably get 0.0001 fps:rolleyes:). AC loads the data.acd files to know how the car behaves including aerodynamics. You can decide the data whatever you like or refer to some reliable data. RSS try to run CFD of the model in other softwear to get the data that can be used in game and I think that's why cc tries hard to make the model as precisely as possible - even something like S-duct which we cannot actually see in game - to get a good data when running CFD

The model basically have no effect on the performance in game(if AC get aerodynamic performance according to the model, or I may say does CFD when you play you'd probably get 0.0001 fps:rolleyes:). AC loads the data.acd files to know how the car behaves including aerodynamics. You can decide the data whatever you like or refer to some reliable data. RSS try to run CFD of the model in other softwear to get the data that can be used in game and I think that's why cc tries hard to make the model as precisely as possible - even something like S-duct which we cannot actually see in game - to get a good data when running CFD
Hi,
Mainly with these CFD tests I used the flow lines inside the wind tunnel just to check over the chassis to make sure it reacts correctly to high and low pressure, it does give data on each part,
but its nothing we use physics wise ingame for the aero, basically its just to make sure visually its correct and there is no areas where the pressure is stalling,
1st few days building the chassis at the rear I had quite a few areas where the pressure was stalling falling over the chassis and running into the floor at a wrong angle and where the pressure coming along the floor the 2 areas coming into contact was causing issues,
so kept adjusting the chassis and running some more tests now it all flows like you would expect,
I do collect what data I see from the co pilot the areo data, but like I say its nothing I ever send David. :)

Hi,
Mainly with these CFD tests I used the flow lines inside the wind tunnel just to check over the chassis to make sure it reacts correctly to high and low pressure, it does give data on each part,
but its nothing we use physics wise ingame for the aero, basically its just to make sure visually its correct and there is no areas where the pressure is stalling,
1st few days building the chassis at the rear I had quite a few areas where the pressure was stalling falling over the chassis and running into the floor at a wrong angle and where the pressure coming along the floor the 2 areas coming into contact was causing issues,
so kept adjusting the chassis and running some more tests now it all flows like you would expect,
I do collect what data I see from the co pilot the areo data, but like I say its nothing I ever send David. :)
Alright thanks for clarifying:rolleyes:

Don't forget that Barcelona has been completely resurfaced, I've heard that the new surface is about 1 sec. quicker than last year's surface.

But I do agree, it seems like the teams already compensated for the loss of downforce.

In two weeks time we will know more...

Don't forget that Barcelona has been completely resurfaced, I've heard that the new surface is about 1 sec. quicker than last year's surface.

But I do agree, it seems like the teams already compensated for the loss of downforce.

In two weeks time we will know more...
To my knowlege the Barcelona track was resurfaced at the beginning of 2018, soo that last years tests and the race were on the new surface, too.

Yeah sorry with the lack of progress and updates guys been dead busy with a top secret project,
but happy to say the mission was a success so things will return to normal in the morning. :rolleyes::p

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back