Cars Formula Hybrid 2017 by Race Sim Studio

Did my turn on the new Haas livery for the Formula Hybrid. Progress is good so far, should be ready soon. I hope the real one won't differ to much from the CGI shots.
vf18_001-jpg.236137
vf18_002-jpg.236136
vf18_003-jpg.236135
vf18_004-jpg.236134

With F1 testing just around the corner and seeing all these new car launches.

Official cars design philosophy seems to be same as last year.

So could you guys add Halo? I know @chargingcar teased it before.

Doesn't have to be with any aero impact. Just make it graphics addon.

With all these awesome skins out. I get the itch to drive F1 cars again.

After all what will max verstappen test when he does his youtube circuit guides :p

With F1 testing just around the corner and seeing all these new car launches.

Official cars design philosophy seems to be same as last year.

So could you guys add Halo? I know @chargingcar teased it before.

Doesn't have to be with any aero impact. Just make it graphics addon.

With all these awesome skins out. I get the itch to drive F1 cars again.

After all what will max verstappen test when he does his youtube circuit guides :p
All I can say is at this stage ,
yes we have created a version of the hybrid with a halo , but the halo is added to the main skins textures so it can be colored much easier when painting just the one texture ,
so the new version of the hybrid has new uvs and a new layout ,
I am not sure with any release schedule or planned release of any content.

I remember @chargingcar working on a halo version sometime ago. Will it ever be released as an update? There's no point in making the 2018 car since they're almost identical except some dramatic suspension changes. Halo would be enough to make it feel like a 2018 car.

edit: I know you'll take every single little change into account and say "no, 2018 is very different" but you know what i mean with identical :D Though i just looked at your halo model and it would need to be totally re-done to be 2018 accurate.

Last edited:
The new tyres should be quite faster, the 2018 hypersoft is 2 steps softer than the 2017 ultrasoft.
I expect them to be .5 to 1s faster per lap, which would be a very significant performance change and worth implementing, in my opinion :thinking:

Can we get a Degrees of Rotation option for this version? The 2017 car used like 520 or something and it's just way too much for a F1 car, 360 is what most of the drivers IRL are using, some of them 400 but most 360. I had to modify the S1 variant and change the data to 360 degrees rotation but of course I can't use that version with other people online.

Visualy yes but by doing this you only speed up the ingame steering response by 1.25 (eg: 360 to 450) and don't solve the issue that car suffer.(Steering_ratio ingame don't match the value set by the dev)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 326 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 224 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 217 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 283 13.4%