Cars Formula Hybrid 2017 by Race Sim Studio

Tested the car and it's gread but it has the same bad graphics mistake of all the old F1 vehicles from Chargingcar: the suspension animation is not in sync with the physics.
In particular the rear end has too low rebound stroke and stops even if the suspension arms continue to move downward (very easy to notice if the suspension app is enabled).

The same is happening on Formula4 while Formula79 seems to be ok.

In addition (and this is valid also for Kunos car), why the suspension geometry in the physics files is so different from the 3D model?

Yep, It's better in terms of dimensions but has the same animation issue.
The worst correspondance between physics and modeling is the 79.

Yep, It's better in terms of dimensions but has the same animation issue.
The worst correspondance between physics and modeling is the 79.
there is nothing wrong with physics or animations , its simply an animation limitation using animations=1 in the AC engine , sadly all cars suffer the same thing , I always use animations=1 thats why maybe you notice this in all my cars , its better to use the engine to control the movement but your limited on the amount of parts using DIR_ engine controlled anims ,
using DIR_ the suspension and car are one with each other , everything is aligned correctly , as I say it purely a limitation of how AC works , there is nothing anyone is doing wrong , everything s built and designed to AC pipeline perfectly , merry xmas :)

Umh... I can't see the same issue in Kunos cars. ;)
Well thats not my concern everything is setup and created using the pipeline I believe @Nick Moxley demonstrated the same issues a few years back on his simulator , but we have quite a few contacts / clients using 100k simulators and not 1 person has anything bad to say ,

If the physics are allowing for example 45mm movement in one arm and the car is animated fixed movement at 20mm how can the two match ? its simply not possible , I know its not , what your saying is correct there is nothing new been learned here from this conversation .

If the physics are allowing for example 45mm movement in one arm and the car is animated fixed movement at 20mm how can the two match ?

The question is: why the physics allows more movement of the animation (or vice versa)?
They should match, so increase the animation range or reduce the physiscs suspensions stroke...

Any new tire updates coming for the car?
My wheels appear to have taken on a glare, which makes them appear white on track.
I'm running Windows 10-64 Fall Creator Edition.
Can I look into the file structure to easily distinguish if I have version 3 of the car?
I can remember downloading the original at purchase and one other update sent as a link, but not a third.

Can I look into the file structure to easily distinguish if I have version 3 of the car?
I can remember downloading the original at purchase and one other update sent as a link, but not a third.
regarding your issue with white tires, this happens when tthe skin maker does not take the alpha channel of the texture into account.

This how the alpha of the stock RSS skins looks (in the right hand corner):

1.jpg

accentuating the skin, black means less reflective, white means more reflective

How those "glaring" skins have it:
2.jpg

fully white, instead of small speckles, max reflection on everything

Reply to the sellfy page stating transaction id and emails used please :)

Reply to the sellfy page stating transaction id and emails used please :)
Got it sorted.
I removed everything completely from the cars RSS F/H 2017 directory...found the last download and in the file naming description was the version 3.0.rar. Reinstalled and now the tires are back to normal.
What's the latest version of RSS_2 V8? I show 2.0 in my download.
For RSS_4, I show version 1.0...not sure if either is the newest.

Got it sorted.
I removed everything completely from the cars RSS F/H 2017 directory...found the last download and in the file naming description was the version 3.0.rar. Reinstalled and now the tires are back to normal.
What's the latest version of RSS_2 V8? I show 2.0 in my download.
For RSS_4, I show version 1.0...not sure if either is the newest.
Hi Terry that is correct yes 3,2,1 versions :)

@chargingcar any news about a possible 2018 update? I know differences would be very minimal, apart from the "you know who" modification outside the cockpit :D (which as far as I read is affecting aero quite a bit though, giving some headscratching to engineers)

@chargingcar any news about a possible 2018 update? I know differences would be very minimal, apart from the "you know who" modification outside the cockpit :D (which as far as I read is affecting aero quite a bit though, giving some headscratching to engineers)
From what I read the aero effect is pretty minimal. Being able to design and build a chassis that can pass the crash tests whilst not being ridiculously heavy seems to be the biggest issue they are facing tbh.

"There are two tests," said Force India technical director Andy Green. "They're incredibly tough to pass, and if you don't pass them, you don't race.
"Basically they're trying to push the Halo off from just to the side of the driver, with a big hydraulic ram. It's supposed to deform and fail, and the chassis has to remain completely intact, with not a single point of failure.
"You have to break the Halo to prove that the chassis is the strongest part.
"It's been the focus of our efforts for some time. The introduction of it was so late, it caught everyone off guard.
"You're up against trying to design a chassis that doesn't fail, whilst something else is failing around it. It's incredibly difficult to predict how it interacts with the chassis, because it all moves and turns into a different shape.
"We've had a big team of people working on this. The frustrating thing is just the time that we've had to do it.
"If we'd known about this in March we'd have been in a much more comfortable position."
Force India passed the FIA tests on Monday, and the team is understood to be one of the first to do so.

On top of the crash testing, there is a direct impact on performance that could play a role next season. And that comes not from aerodynamics, but weight.
For 2017 the minimum weight limit went up from 702kg to 728kg to take into account wider cars and bigger wheels and tyres. For 2018 the FIA has added another 6kg, taking the limit to 734kg, to give some margin for the Halo.
However, the Halo, its mountings and the strengthening of the chassis that is now required has more than absorbed that increase.
"I think total installation weight is around 14-15kg," said Green. "About 9kg of that is the Halo, and there's 6kg of mounting, with all the brackets.
"The structure involved in mounting it is phenomenal, with lots of carbon, lots of metallic bits."
In recent years teams have found it easier to produce cars below the weight limit, leaving them with scope to use ballast to aid better distribution.
"I can't see our car having any ballast next year," said Green. "That impacts performance against the teams that can get ballast on their cars, who can spend the money and make the car lighter."

Nothing planned as of yet I am afraid all the team busy with other projects , currently 5 new cars been built at once , we did make modifications to the 2017 car which is to specifications from the rules , but do not know anything regarding release plans or updates :)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.9%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 163 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 308 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 442 39.6%