Formula FG Championship Season 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
s9jzkb9esy4aw9czg.jpg

soon™

McNAMARA SIGNS OFF IN STYLE
17 - Brazil - Race.png

James McNamara capped off a season to remember with his 8th win of the season, as well as smashing the 300 point barrier. It wasn't all his way.. entirely, having to start from fourth place behind some heavy hitters of the past in Jack Laskey, Manolis Sigoulakis and Stephan Bohner starting ahead. Even Jordan Bradford got in on the act, the Brit moving past on the opening lap to relegate McNamara to a surprising fifth place.
But it went wrong for the rookie, spinning off at Turn 4 on the second lap and eventually grinding to a halt with transmission failure. However it wasn't all doom and gloom, he'd already almost secured third place overall and was by far the best rookie of the season, at least going by championship points and position.
But back to the front, Sigoulakis got the early jump to the lead, but was quickly caught by the chasers and shuffled back. Laskey was next to be controlling the field, but even he wasn't able to hold back the onslaught of McNamara, moving past into a lead he never really lost control of. Tapio Rinneaho was also following McNamara through for much of the race, but fell back and had an engine failure end his season prematurely.
Tim Engberink showed off a calm and controlled race as he stormed to second place, and with Dani Tottos taking 5th late on, allowed Keranen Motorsport to remarkably jump to fifth place overall, a single point ahead of Ravenwest. Sigoulakis completed the podium while Rui Martins finished the season strongly in his 2KF1 by taking fourth. Omer Said and Rob Sharp finished on a high for Optima, in a successful first season for the Indian squad. They sandwiched Joseph Wright, the eight points for his sixth place not enough for Ravenwest to hold onto fifth, but were still comfortably sixth overall. The final points positions were the DTK cars of Laskey and Daniel Harvey, an incredible moment as both cars were a lap down on McNamara, just showing how strong the Australian has been late.. well actually all this season.
Hugo Rossello ended his rookie season with 11th, still enough for a top 10 championship result for the Frenchman. Damian Son was trailing him home, while Stephan Bohner had an up-and-down race for his 13th, remarkably also taking fastest lap on the way. Both FRTs were next, Allington leading home Guardian, while Ben Utzer ended his BRT career with 16th. Luke Rosella was the last finisher, two laps down.
Both Falcons failed to finish as mentioned before, while they were joined in retirement by Andrea Dovizioso (suspension), Carlos Rodriguez (accident) and Nathan Cornes (transmission).

Thus ends Season 5 of the championship. The season will be officially ended in the coming days as we lead into the off season. Expect to see a bit of life around here for a bit :D . Tables and what not should be updated in due course.
Press Conference:
go haywire

Because we didn't have a mass commentary this season, it also meant that we didn't have our unofficial season awards, so I might get something sorted out (looking at Jim when I say this, I will sort something out :p ) and have a bit of fun to end the season

@Joseph Wright for rookie of the season pls
Well that's a tough one.
Joseph scored 2 wins, very strong early season. However he dropped off a bit towards the end. 4 retirements, 6 points finishes, 2 wins (no additional podiums).
Jordan basically carried Falcon early on, should have had the win in Austria (therefore wins would be 1 and 1 between the two, 'sorta'), and has ended up 50 points ahead and in third. 4 retirements, 13 points finishes, 4 podiums.

2 wins is great, but it's a case of peak performance/s vs consistency, and I can't help but look at the work that Jordan put in to giving Falcon third overall.

Well that's a tough one.
Joseph scored 2 wins, very strong early season. However he dropped off a bit towards the end. 4 retirements, 6 points finishes, 2 wins (no additional podiums).
Jordan basically carried Falcon early on, should have had the win in Austria (therefore wins would be 1 and 1 between the two, 'sorta'), and has ended up 50 points ahead and in third. 4 retirements, 13 points finishes, 4 podiums.

2 wins is great, but it's a case of peak performance/s vs consistency, and I can't help but look at the work that Jordan put in to giving Falcon third overall.

Yeah that Jordan fella seems like an okay dude :D

Thanks for the kind words bud! Can't wait to team up with Joseph next season :thumbsup:

Well that's a tough one.

i know jordan actually deserves it, had to give it a try though didn't i xD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back