Stock Car Extreme Setups

Struggled to drive Formula Extreme anywhere - back end snapping every time I got on the gas. Popped this setup on and immediately got the feel to go from 1m15 at Spielberg down to 1m12 in very short space of time can probably find another second.
Excellent setup work made an undrivable car in to a blast to drive. Now we want more :) from F1_Dave

Just a small thing:

As per wiki, the dominant term is TOE not TOE IN. TOE IN is the term used for only positive TOE values (+0.1, +0.2, etc..) and TOE OUT is for any negative TOE values (-0.1, -0.2, etc...).
Therefore I think it should read TOE in the setup menu in game, not TOE IN.

'toe in' seems to be used pretty much universally in sims & it actually makes it clearer for me (not having known the fact you quoted). obviously + will be more toe in & - will be toe out. if it was just 'toe' it wouldnt be as clear

If you have just "toe" then that technically leaves it susceptible to misunderstanding because some people think the reverse way therefore assume that just "toe" means it'll go more outwards (AKA negative toe) the higher you raise the number. On the hand, if you say "toe-in" then you know the setting is specifically increasing toe-in (AKA positive toe). Furthermore, negative is opposite, so a negative amount of toe-in simply means toe-out. The current way of specifying "in" or "out" leaves little-to-no chance of confusion or misunderstanding.

I don't know...seeing the term toe in and then a negative value below it was confusing to my brain. :D

Now that i know what it means, i'd rather have just TOE. It's the more accurate term to use for the purpose imo. But, whatever, it's nothing of importance really. I'm just a setup noob and rarely go past Page 1 in the garage. I was trying to find tenths there today and went and looked up the term.

If I ask you how much money you won, and you say that you won -$3 then that means you actually lost $3. The negative means opposite.

If I say "how many degrees of toe-in are you running" and you reply "-3 degrees" then that means you're running toe-out because the negative sign made it opposite. But if I just say "how many degrees of toe are you running" and you reply "-3 degrees" then I might say "well, what do you mean by -3? Do you consider negative values to be toe-in or toe-out?" So by specifically saying "toe-in" instead of just "toe," everyone knows for sure what the values mean.

One more example. If I say, on a number scale, "how much do you like me?" and you reply "-3" then that means you DISlike me because the negative made it opposite. :)

One final thing that I'm sure you know (just a friendly reminder - thousands of people read these forums): Don't let a positive sign ("+") confuse you; every number is either positive or negative, we just happen to not write the positive sign most of the time.

Last edited:
Loving this car so much and the default setup is awesome for drifting, but really tough to stop the rear sliding out on you when racing. I've come up with something that feels much more competitive.
features:
- max steering lock to control the inevitable drift
- softened rear suspension and detached rear arb to reduce rear stepping out
-softened front a bit to reduce understeer

Attachments

• default opala.svm
    3.4 KB · Views: 305
Hi all

As we all know the Bathurst crazyness 1000 is nearby

and there is a huge online Bathurst 1000 Online Race in SCE in two weeks so i wanted to start practicing for it.
but i quickly found out that a slightly modified Stock setup aint gonna cut it in this race
and i suck at tuning these heavy power v8`s.
So Can you please give me some tips , help , or even a setup for it?
So we win this race for RD :)

Thanks in advance

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 329 28.0%