Formula E

I believe that was just a test run, like a shakedown, and they probably haven't fully developed the system yet. I'm sure they already have the power, however it isn't "safe" to use yet.

This, however, remains to be seen.

LOL.

Unfortunately, these are the realities of the 21st century.

Electrical cars are imo the biggest hoax of all time. Its even worse for the environment than fossil fuels like petrol as most electricity is still produced in a non-environmental friendly way.

The moment they will run fully on solar power I am convinced, until then its a great new impulse for the automobile industry selling us nonsense that this is green.

Add to this that the earth is still STUFFED with oil it makes no sense not to develop techniques to explore these oil reserves first.

What they should do imo is find ways to make petrol engines extremely economical. Beats me why most car still consume a liter of fuel per 10 - 14 km's while it should be possible to go to 1:25 - 1:40 for just simple petrol..

As much as I hate diesels I'd rather cheer for a Formula TDI series than Formula E based on conventional electricity produced with ueberpoluting charcoales. .

Electrical cars are imo the biggest hoax of all time. Its even worse for the environment than fossil fuels like petrol as most electricity is still produced in a non-environmental friendly way.

The moment they will run fully on solar power I am convinced, until then its a great new impulse for the automobile industry selling us nonsense that this is green.

Add to this that the earth is still STUFFED with oil it makes no sense not to develop techniques to explore these oil reserves first.

What they should do imo is find ways to make petrol engines extremely economical. Beats me why most car still consume a liter of fuel per 10 - 14 km's while it should be possible to go to 1:25 - 1:40 for just simple petrol..

As much as I hate diesels I'd rather cheer for a Formula TDI series than Formula E based on conventional electricity produced with ueberpoluting charcoales. .

Jeremy Clarkson, are you in there? :sneaky:

But seriously, you make some very valid points, and I did not think of it that way. Still, I guess they have to start somewhere, and this is definitely somewhere. I would like to follow it more closely, and see if they go solar and/or KERS or any other easily renewable energy source that is good for the environment.

But I really see your point, and I agree with it.

I still see so many obstacles. In the apartment i live in we already have troubles finding a random parkingspace outside. How on earth should I charge my electrical car when i am doubleparked :D

KERS, dynamo's, any improvement or innovation is more than welcome for me, but calling electricity green is just a lie and that is what the industry keeps telling us. Very clean and green :)

Jeremy Clarkson, are you in there? :sneaky:

jeremy-clarkson.jpg

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 247 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.8%