Formula E: Oriol Servià takes management role at Dragon Racing

dragon racing.jpg

Oriol Servià has announced he is becoming a partner and managing director at Dragon Racing, explaining why he suddenly vacated his Formula E drive ahead of this weekend’s Miami ePrix.

The Spaniard had finished in the top ten for Dragon in all four previous races, and is currently 12th in the championship standings. In a surprise announcement without official explanation until today, his seat will be taken by Loïc Duval for Saturday’s race alongside Jerome d’Ambrosio. Servià will now concentrate on developing the team’s technical and commercial areas alongside current managing director Paul Woolnough.

Speaking to Associated Press, Servià said he’d miss driving but that he was looking for a new opportunity: “It is with some regret that I won’t be behind the wheel. However, Jay [Penske] and I had always spoken about me playing a larger role in the organisation, and I am ready for this latest challenge in my career. We have a world-class team, and I look forward to playing my part in putting Jerome and Loïc on the podium.”

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 235 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 295 13.4%