Formula E | Mexico E-Prix Discussion Thread

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Welcome to the central discussion thread for the ABB FIA Formula E Mexican E-Prix.

Round four of the 2019/20 Formula E championship takes in the specifically designed, and recently updated, Mexican Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez circuit, scene of four previous races in the history of the sport, and one of the firm fan favourites on the current 2019/20 racing schedule.

Unbelievably, Mercedes driver and former Grand Prix racer Stoffel Vandoorne heads the standings in his and the teams debut season, the young Belgian driver holds a 3 point advantage over BMW Andretti driver Alex Simms in second, just seven points clear of Envision Virgin Racing driver and series veteran Sam Bird.

Last time out at the Santiago E-Prix it would be a the turn of Max Guenther to take a surprise victory for Andretti, but can the German maintain his form and take a second straight win - or will it be the turn of another one of the established stars to take up the fight at the front of the field this weekend?

Racing starts on Saturday afternoon, so not long left to find out!

Formula E Mexico 1.jpg
Formula E Mexico 2.jpg

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 113561

Get in there Lew.. ohhh wrong series, my apologizes

Formula E may divide opinion but if this was an F1 poll on who would win only a few names would be in the hat. Trying to pick a winner for this race is a much more difficult proposition.

Sam Bird or Alex Sims are my picks!

Just when you think Steve Matchett has been consigned to the Delete bin of tv sports, he pops up again to bore us to death with his obsession with stuff that doesn't matter. And in these parts, Fox Sports (FX2, their bottom-tier outlet) doesn't bother broadcasting in Hi-Def, so the on-screen texts are all perfectly unreadable. Thank goodness we still have the Sky Sports announce team for F1. And no wonder Lewis eschews the short-circuited ePrix series.

Last edited:
How far did F1 get in 6 seasons
FE is in it's infancy
Battery and Motor will get smaller lighter longer lasting more power
They will use and take F1 track records
One day a dual champion F1 / FE
Many more manufactures
Women drivers

All just a matter of time ....imo ;)

Another eventful race! In the end a dominant win for Panasonic Jaguar and Mitch Evans who drove superbly.

Felt a little sorry for Sam Bird though - he really managed to throw away a solid finishing position. I liked the new layout for the circuit. Seeing the cars squirming away at 120mph through the Peraltada and on to the main straight was entertaining.

I really enjoyed that race. I don't watch every race but I watched all of this one and I was pleasantly surprised. On the whole it felt much more like a traditional motor race; cars were getting loose and moving around, the circuit was more like a 'normal' circuit and less like a car park, it felt faster, drivers seemed less kamikaze.

One of the best FE races I have seen. Well done people!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 125 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 335 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 465 39.0%