Formula DS: fastest, extremest virtual car

Cars Formula DS: fastest, extremest virtual car 4.0.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Piereligio submitted a new resource:

Formula DS (extreme car) - jet engine, jet, engine, car, surreal,lightspeed,hypersonic,Formula,Formula K,dynamic aerodynamics

Here's my first car mod for Assetto Corsa (based on Formula K).
Ignores physics laws: reaches a max of about 80G in turnings, over 100G in acceleration, over 150G in braking.
Moved by a petrol+jet engine, the car has a dynamic aerodynamics (sorry for the pun) system, to keep the downforce constant at every speed. You can tweak a gain for the front wing load (positive or negative), that will also increase/decrease the downforce, but 0 value works well. Be careful. :p
The car is stable until...

Read more about this resource...

Piereligio updated Formula DS (extreme car) with a new update entry:

Safety aerodynamic stop introduced.

Safety aerodynamic stop introduced.
It is an additional wing that works in drag resistance only. Enabled over a threshold (4800 km/h or 260G), will add a huge drag resistance factor to the car, making it stop, or at least making it decrease its speed and instability (preventing AC's eventual crashes).
It has been tuned up to don't decrease performances at all and to make it work only on car crashes. Have fun. :)

(if you want to study this car aerodynamics, you can enable developer widgets,...

Read the rest of this update entry...

would be good with that mod track which is basicly a straight line in the desert, it has a few slight few turns and a small jump a small ways out to the left when you start.

Piereligio updated Formula DS (fastest AC car, extreme) with a new update entry:

New braking system.

- Aerodynamic brake added. A wing (positioned 10 meters behind the center of mass, to increase stability in braking) that when a brake input is detected will add drag resistance, so that when you are flying, for of every reason, you can slow down simply braking, and come down to the terrain.
- Braking system updated, to adapt braking to the previously mentioned wing.

Holy crap :confused: Are you sure you didn't just upload a video with an increased framerate? :D
I think some people (me included :p) might appreciate it, if you added a bit slower version of that... thing :O_o: So they'd be able to... you know... keep up with the car :laugh:

Holy crap :confused: Are you sure you didn't just upload a video with an increased framerate? :D
I think some people (me included :p) might appreciate it, if you added a bit slower version of that... thing :O_o: So they'd be able to... you know... keep up with the car :laugh:
Really I slowed down the replay playing at 0.5x, to record it in 30 FPS and then doubling the speed, to have a 60FPS video without sacrificing graphics.
To drive the car more simply, you can press the "1" number of your keyboard (not the keypad, but on the main numbers), that will decrease turbo power to 10%, and you can switch up gears sooner.
No one constricts you to keep the acceleration pedal fully down. :p

P.s: Merry Christmas!!

Last edited:
You got me wrong, I like your idea I just think it's too much and it needs a car design. I said to take A LOOK at the Red Bull X2011, not copy it. And 3 stars for a basic Formula Abarth version that defies the laws of physics is not a bad rating. Don't expect immediate 5 stars just because you think it's cool. Some of you guys just can't take any criticism that's grounded, join the line with some Ferrari freak narcistic fetisjist, will you?!

Merry XMas!!

You got me wrong, I like your idea I just think it's too much and it needs a car design. I said to take A LOOK at the Red Bull X2011, not copy it. And 3 stars for a basic Formula Abarth version that defies the laws of physics is not a bad rating. Don't expect immediate 5 stars just because you think it's cool. Some of you guys just can't take any criticism that's grounded, join the line with some Ferrari freak narcistic fetisjist, will you?!

Merry XMas!!
I guess you didn't give a look on how is that aerodynamics complicated. All works well. That's the fastest car that I ever seen on every game, and it is stable.
Don't you think it deverves more than 3 stars? Come on.
It has not been a joke, doing this.
I released the v1 first, but making this car stable made me mad (car bouncing and shaking,most), for the reason that starts from a 0 downforce and had to reach tons of downforce (tyres grip has a limit that if you go over, the car will shake all) to have that grip, so it caused me a huge work on suspensions and tyres characteristics.
This work is on physics of the car, on the solutions I had to use to avoid many physics limits.
I hope you will understand that is not just an increase of HP and of tyres grip.
You should enable the wings widget and check there how many things move automatically while you simply drive.
I find a bit offensive your comment, because even just a repaint can be rated 5, but THIS IS NOT a remodel/reskin, but just a physics experiment!
Any model was okay, for this genre of car. I didn't want to make a nice car. I wanted to do a fast car, in straight lines and turnings. You should rate the quality of the work I wanted to do. If you are a modeler/painter it doesn't have importance, 'cause I didn't want at all to work on aestheics (I worked on painting just that little to make the car recognizable). To have this result, making a new model was useless, so your comment has not bases. You rated something I haven't worked on neither I've intention to work on. Wasn't the spot of the car, I repeat.

About x2011... I played a lot with that, on gt5, and it is where maybe I got the idea of a constant downforce from.

Last edited:
Piereligio updated Formula DS (fastest, extremest AC car, experimental) with a new update entry:

Power management and electronic assists improved

- Modulation of power improved, much easier to go slow. (the performances of the engine are affected, but not enough to say if less or more powerful)
- Turbo pressure percentage setup via number keys is now working, big help when much power is not needed.
- New setup of electronic system: ABS and TC improved.

Piereligio updated Formula DS (fastest, extremest AC car, experimental) with a new update entry:

Good AI introduced

I've found out that AI cars work, on custom tracks, so I tweaked well their driving. On original tracks they can't drive, because they put almost zero fuel, also if I wrote everywhere that the liters must be 200 (because the fuel is placed underground to have a center of mass placed exactly on the surface), so they become too light for the suspensions and make the game crash.

Piereligio just wanted to respond to your comment on my rating. I can rate whatever I want, the quality OR the idea of the mod, we are all free to do that on this website. I think I'm not the only one who doesn't like to encourage this kind of mods for AC. So please don't be arrogant and don't say "don't rate if you don't like the idea" :)

Piereligio just wanted to respond to your comment on my rating. I can rate whatever I want, the quality OR the idea of the mod, we are all free to do that on this website. I think I'm not the only one who doesn't like to encourage this kind of mods for AC. So please don't be arrogant and don't say "don't rate if you don't like the idea" :)
The reason is simple. Rate in that way is offensive for me that I worked seriously, on this project, to make it achieve a good quality. Project is on the physics of the car. I placed a spot, I reached that after lot of work. So why rating one star? You're just an unrespectful hater. Thanks.

Breaking physics for a car copied from the game is a lot of work? Didn't realize that. I appreciate mods that are useful for everyone not those breaking the game. So stop trying to put censorship on ratings and learn to receive negative feedback like an adult person.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.2%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 277 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 402 40.0%