Formula Classic Dash

I've just noticed and it's been bugging me. Has anyone noticed that the New FC dash has white elements that turn to black? It would make sense if it were an unlit motec screen but it's not even an LCD display. It looks more like LED's under colored plastic like the MP4/4 and the Honda S2000 Even the GSCE alternate dash was bright green instead. Maybe it can be changed to a better more noticeable color reiza? Just a nit I had to pick.

Last edited:
Whoa, you're totally right! I didn't even pay attention and now it's bugging me as well! :D This should be the other way around - all blackish that turns to white elements or even more properly to a slightly orange ones :inlove:

nope, that is how monochromatic LCD works :) active pixels are black ... if not active polarized light goes through and you see nothing - it just lits the display background, if pixel si active light won`t go through second polarizer as it has different angle than second polarizer, won`t hit the display and it is black .. for color LCDs you have RGB subpixels ...
Don`t you remember old nintendo, digital watches or tetris game? :)

picture for all words:
working-of-lcd.gif

Last edited:
tumblr_my670pez3p1rb2qeofr.jpg

Then at least tone down the white stripes or even make it grey instead of total white.

Check out this video:
It's WHITE on BLACK/GREY - and this is how I would see this with Formula Classic, not the other way around as it is now.

I wouln`t take rF2 mod as a reference video (that doesn`t even look like mp4/4) ... I don`t fancy how it looks in AMS either .. I simply clarified that it goes black on brighter background ... :)

How much it goes bright when on I don`t know .. probably not as white as ingame, my guess is it uses active matrix for better visibility but how bright?

But than Fromula Classic in AMS is not mp4/4 so we cant really compare ... just like or dislike
p6.jpg

I think AC mod does good job with cockpit

Last edited:
Actually, Forza had it the best I've seen:
untitled5zogk.jpg

Watch from ~6:30
It's red/dark orange on dark/black background. And the background is SOLID, not black with white unlit stripes. Actually, McLaren often had red-on-dark LCD.
So, to sum things up, unlit white stripes should go, the background ought to be solid color - whether light or dark. That's it.

Actually, Forza had it the best I've seen:
untitled5zogk.jpg

Watch from ~6:30
It's red/dark orange on dark/black background. And the background is SOLID, not black with white unlit stripes. Actually, McLaren often had red-on-dark LCD.
So, to sum things up, unlit white stripes should go, the background ought to be solid color - whether light or dark. That's it.
well there was aparently more different versions .. black on bright, orange on dark .. I think the original is black on bright

I'm gonna keep dreaming about a HQ 1986 F1 mod, preferably by F1SR team or Dave Purdy\Chiefwiggum\Reutemann\wolferl ;)
+ a HQ conversion of F1SR F1 1991 HE and 1992 LE
+ a HQ conversion of Simracers F1 1975 LE
+ a HQ conversion of Carrera4's Trackpack from @Patrick Giranthon :D:D:D

Last edited:
Reactions: hex

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 366 15.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 255 11.1%
  • < 3 years