Resource icon

Skins Formula Classic 1988 Skins, Performance, Reliability AMS 3.051

Login or Register an account to download this content
  • Deleted member 130869

Hey Keith, I've edited this mod so it's only either a skin update, or skin + driver name update, so I can use it online without mismatch. Would you like me to send it to you so you offer it as a download option, or even release it myself? If you're interest, I'll also contact mungopark as I've included his Larousse and EuroBrun as livery options.

Hey Keith, I've edited this mod so it's only either a skin update, or skin + driver name update, so I can use it online without mismatch. Would you like me to send it to you so you offer it as a download option, or even release it myself? If you're interest, I'll also contact mungopark as I've included his Larousse and EuroBrun as livery options.

Hi Gui, there should be no need to do this - there are actually already two sets, a single player and a multiplayer version. Playing with the multiplayer set should work fine online without any changes.
(I haven't tested it recently but I don't think there are any files that would prevent it working in the latest version).
If it isn't working for some reason, let me know and I'll certainly have a look, there's not really point in adding the same skins as a separate upload :)

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 130869

Oh yeah, the set works fine, but what I meant was having a version to overwrite default liveries so it doesn't have to be a separate series. It's no biggie though, I'm doing this for myself and figured I'd ask :). The way I install mods doesn't actually overwrite anything as I use JSGME so with the click of a button I install or uninstall the mods.

There seems to be a problem with fuel levels in this 88mod.I cant put any more than 25laps of fuel in the car, but with the stock f-classic car i can put 50+ lap on board depending on track of course (Jacarepagua Historic)+Imola1988 are the two tracks i tested on..are you having the same issue keith

Yes, unfortunately it was a necessary change I made a while back when I discovered there was a bug relating to the fuel, and that AI are refuelling even if they don't need to. This affects the fairness against the player - they pit for tyres but they take longer in the pits as they are refuelling, so the player can leapfrog several cars during a pitstop. Also, the AI then weigh more and so become slower than the player later in the race.

Personally I do not want to run with fuel simulation turned off, so I decided to restrict the tank size so that ALL cars take the same amount of time in the pits & behave the same at all stages of a long race.
For complete equality, the player should elect to fill the tank at each pitstop and then they will behave the same as the AI.

If I see that this bug has been fixed then I will remove this in a future update, but for now it still seems to be the same.

BUT - if you really don't want this, then it's easy enough to revert it to default.
You will need to edit each upgrade file in the team folders,
just remove the lines in the upgrade files that relate to tank and pitstops:

Take out ALL of these lines and save each file:

HDV=FuelRange=( 0 , 1 , 95 )
HDV=FuelSetting=95 // initial fuel quantity
HDV=NumPitstopsRange=(0,1,5) // the third digit is the number of stops available to choose i.e. 0,1,2, or 3 so choosing 4=3 stops
HDV=NumPitstopsSetting=2 // how many pitstops shown initially
HDV=Pitstop1Range=(1,1,95)
HDV=Pitstop1Setting=95 // pitstop 1 initial fuel setting
HDV=Pitstop2Range=(0,1,95)
HDV=Pitstop2Setting=95
HDV=Pitstop3Range=(0,1,95)
HDV=Pitstop3Setting=95
HDV=Pitstop4Range=(0,1,95)
HDV=Pitstop4Setting=95

All cars would then revert to default tank size and pit stop settings.

Thanks for the detailed info keith ,but reiza posted that the f-classic's don't refuel in race as per-1.4v
you can only do so(pit stops for fuel that includes A.I refueling) if you run the f-classic through all cars all tracks option if iam right.

Thanks for the detailed info keith ,but reiza posted that the f-classic's don't refuel in race as per-1.4v
you can only do so(pit stops for fuel that includes A.I refueling) if you run the f-classic through all cars all tracks option if iam right.

I really appreciate you pointing this out. I did know about the F_Classic update but it turns out I had not tested it properly & the old fuel bug is now gone. This definitely changes things for the better.

To those who have already downloaded, rest assured the mod still works just as it always did but I'll make some amendments and upload a new version which uses the latest Reiza fuel fix.

Yes, that's intentional, I did it to vary some of the engines to simulate the different types as they all sound the same otherwise. It's personal taste, but it's easy to change it back in the car's veh file for anyone that doesn't like it.

Yes, that's intentional, I did it to vary some of the engines to simulate the different types as they all sound the same otherwise. It's personal taste, but it's easy to change it back in the car's veh file for anyone that doesn't like it.
ah okay, i have no problem with it. i just thought that it wasnt meant to be like this. thanks for claring it up.

Thanks again keith for this update....and for the new new** FuelEstimate=1.42** in the engine.ini's;):thumbsup:

I have one question though..... (HDV=AISlipReaction=(250,20.0 ) what effect does this have on the A.I

Last edited:
It defines when the AI detect that loss of grip is coming and how soon they get back on the throttle when grip returns.

First number is for AI to predict grip loss - higher numbers make them more efficient. Second number is how soon they get back on throttle. Lower number means they coast for longer before getting back on the throttle, higher number means they get back on throttle quicker as grip returns.
But there are limits to it's effectiveness - It's a while now since I arrived at these numbers by trial and error. If I remember right, they started sliding and crashing or rear ending slower cars if the numbers were too extreme. I found a range that works well so I don't stray too far from them.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back