Resource icon

Skins Formula Classic 1988 Skins, Performance, Reliability AMS 3.051

Login or Register an account to download this content
For some reason I'm getting duplicate series icons in game. I've gone through my series folder & even checked the .srs files for all the reiza## series to make sure i didn't rename anything. But didn't find anything and there's only one copy of reiza88FC. Idk whats causing it.
Also is it now locked to 1.5Boost in the garage? I thought i remembered it going up to the 2.5 bars regulation for 1988 Turbos in one of the last revisions.

Last edited:
For some reason I'm getting duplicate series icons in game. I've gone through my series folder & even checked the .srs files for all the reiza## series to make sure i didn't rename anything. But didn't find anything and there's only one copy of reiza88FC. Idk whats causing it.
Also is it now locked to 1.5Boost in the garage? I thought i remembered it going up to the 2.5 bars regulation for 1988 Turbos in one of the last revisions.

You're right, the boost did go much higher in a previous engine file, but it was lowered to maximum 1.5 a few months ago. That change has only just been put into my mod.

I'm Sorry I don't know why you are getting duplicate icons, I've tested the mod installed on it's own and also with my 1991 cars installed at the same, and the icons appear correctly.

If you're stuck, as a test, you could temporarily rename your userdata folder. Then restart the game. A new userdata folder will be created and see if that might clear the problem.

Yeah idk why as it was always fine before in all previous versions. but i uninstalled it completely restarted the game to confirm there wasn't 1 icon still left, both icons were gone so i downloaded again and reinstalled the mod but it just went back to duplicate icons. I'll try the userdata thing when i get the chance. Other than that everything is working fine. Will the boost be staying locked to 1.5 i know 4bars was ridiculous but i think 2.5 was the actual FIA regulation for 1988.

Yes, it is probably possible to return to the 2.5 bars. But it is not something that I have edited - Reiza's last update to the engine file included this change.
I have not tried this, but I think if you download a previous version of my mod (top of this page, under 'version history'), and copy the old engine files across from the older version overwriting the newer ones, you may well see the old 2.5 bar return.
I can't guarantee that as I haven't tested it myself, so backup your engine files first!

DL 3.05 and used the engine files of this version. Worked like a charme, thanky for the hint!

May you have a look in the 1991 skins support thread, i have a problem with this version too. Thank you!

Sorry for bumping an extremely old thread, but I haven't been able to open the archives for this mod or the 1991 mod with either WinRAR or 7zip. Is there another archive tool I should be using?

This is excellent mod (carset) and I am enjoying it very much (I even did a little trick, found some old 1988 rFactor mod, converted it to automobilista and merged it with the physics and performance files from this one- for my own personal use, thus no permission needed) and I am having total blast with it

There is a slight problem however. Both in merged and original version. AI uses C compound in qualifying. And than runs out of C compound in the race and by the end of the race just uses qualifying tires every 5 laps

How do I force AI to use proper tires in sessions?

I play with limited sets of 10. because it is the only way I can run scuffed tires in the race. Yes, I know, I know, unlimited option would solve this, But I really like to play with limited number, because for some reason I just like to run scuffed tires in the race.

Last edited:
This is excellent mod (carset) and I am enjoying it very much (I even did a little trick, found some old 1988 rFactor mod, converted it to automobilista and merged it with the physics and performance files from this one- for my own personal use, thus no permission needed) and I am having total blast with it

There is a slight problem however. Both in merged and original version. AI uses C compound in qualifying. And than runs out of C compound in the race and by the end of the race just uses qualifying tires every 5 laps

How do I force AI to use proper tires in sessions?

I play with limited sets of 10. because it is the only way I can run scuffed tires in the race. Yes, I know, I know, unlimited option would solve this, But I really like to play with limited number, because for some reason I just like to run scuffed tires in the race.
I am no expert but I know the compounds are controlled in the track gdb files. For example, here is Adelaide:

CompoundsAllowed
{
Series8
{
Quali=2,1,3,4
Race=2,1,3,4
}
Series9
{
Quali=2,1,3,4
Race=2,1,3,4
}
Series12
{
Quali=2,1
Race=1,2
}
Series15
{
Quali=1,2
Race=1,2
}
Series18
{
Quali=1,2
Race=1,2
}
Series31
{
Quali=2,3,1,4,5
Race=2,3,1,4,5
}
}
}

You need to know which series number the car is and which number the tire compounds correspond with. From there you can see how the system is pretty easy.

And actually I believe the Formula Classic is series 12. I believe it goes by the ID in the srs. The Formula Classic is "ID=12". So perhaps if you change the "Race=1,2" to "Race=1" or maybe "Race=1,1" the AI would stop pitting for Q tires.

Like this:
Series12
{
Quali=2,1
Race=1

Or like this:
Series12
{
Quali=2,1
Race=1,1

I hope this at least gets you on the right track. :)

I am no expert but I know the compounds are controlled in the track gdb files. For example, here is Adelaide:

CompoundsAllowed
{
Series8
{
Quali=2,1,3,4
Race=2,1,3,4
}
Series9
{
Quali=2,1,3,4
Race=2,1,3,4
}
Series12
{
Quali=2,1
Race=1,2
}
Series15
{
Quali=1,2
Race=1,2
}
Series18
{
Quali=1,2
Race=1,2
}
Series31
{
Quali=2,3,1,4,5
Race=2,3,1,4,5
}
}
}

You need to know which series number the car is and which number the tire compounds correspond with. From there you can see how the system is pretty easy.

And actually I believe the Formula Classic is series 12. I believe it goes by the ID in the srs. The Formula Classic is "ID=12". So perhaps if you change the "Race=1,2" to "Race=1" or maybe "Race=1,1" the AI would stop pitting for Q tires.

Like this:
Series12
{
Quali=2,1
Race=1

Or like this:
Series12
{
Quali=2,1
Race=1,1

Thank you!

CompoundsAllowed
{
Series8
{
Quali=2,1,3,4
Race=2,1,3,4
}
Series9
{
Quali=2,1,3,4
Race=2,1,3,4
}
Series12
{
Quali=2,1
Race=1,2
}
Series15
{
Quali=1,2
Race=1,2
}
Series18
{
Quali=1,2
Race=1,2
}
Series31
{
Quali=2,3,1,4,5
Race=2,3,1,4,5
}
}
}

Like this:
Series12
{
Quali=2,1
Race=1

Or like this:
Series12
{
Quali=2,1
Race=1,1

But what if my series has no number. For example what if I named my srs file "F1-1988"?

But what if my series has no number. For example what if I named my srs file "F1-1988"?
Try assigning an ID yourself. For example, CART is 55. I think 1-35 are used by the stock Reiza content.

// Game/Season Info:
Mod Name = CART Extreme
Track Filter = StockV8
Vehicle Filter = OR: Reiza93
SafetyCar = CamaroSS_SC.veh
ID=55

I must be doing something wrong because no matter what I do AI always uses compound C instead of qual in qualifying

Maybe its just some trivial thing, like brackets or something

Last edited:
Just noticed that it would be better to post this question here rather than in the review section:
Do the offline performance variations really work? When I drive with those cars everyone still has the same engine power.
Looking into the upgrades ini files I noticed that the lines for power and torque upgrades are commented thus cannot take effect - is this intentional or am I missing something?

Yes it's intentional. The mod went through various changes. At one point Reiza updated the game and those power settings stopped working, so I commented them out, but the performance differences are still there, just controlled by aero drag, braking ability and corner grip instead. Run any session and you should see the 'correct' drivers working their way to the front.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back