AC Formula Abarth @ Vallelunga - Saturday 7 June 2014

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
It is known that tyre wear and fuel can be turned off in settings and transfers from sp to mp. If someone wants to do this in a club race then thats fine. Its not Cheating its an exploit of an Early Access Game that with any luck will be sorted out by v1.0. Until then some people are going to use it, but like i said it isnt cheating.

I would call it unsporting and against the ethos of club races which are ran for fun and not competition.

Now I would rather race clean and fair in the middle or back of the pack than exploit a weakness of the sim just so i can finish higher in the results. At the end of the day we have to trust that everyone in a race is a good sport and not exploiting the sim for whatever reason they have to do so.

I really cant believe it that someone called me a cheater, it really hurts me. You call me cheater because my racing speed was faster than you? Next time wear hard tires, tweak a bit you racing setup and do some simulations before race. And first of all, learn to lose!!!
You hardly did a low (mid) 1.33 in qually
Thats funny, I did 2rd time in qually without any problems and only few laps
I did a lot of hot laps with RSR Live Timing when I use PRO mode all time (1x tyre wear and fuel consumption ON, 26C air temp) . Do you think I will change it for one FUN race at RD?
One more thing, on the begining of the race, when I was doing a low 1.33, you didnt come even close to these times!!
I used Hard Tires and trying to not to end race at the at the beginning of it. Maybe learn how to tires works, Hard Tires aspecially

To admins: sorry for this kind of discussion, I did some races with you guys in netKar PRO and AC, a lot in other sims elsewhere and no one has ever called me a cheater, never!!!

PS. I saved a replay of the last laps of the race, I will upload it soon
http://www.mediafire.com/download/mlluit04588lgnu/RD_tatuus_vallelunga.rar
REPLAY OF FEW LAST LAPS

Last edited:
I got you man, right now and right there

My lap from Quali was saved at RSR Live Timing. From this it's clear that in this online session (practice, qual and race) I used the PRO mode. Which means tyre wear 1x, fuel consumption ON

http://www.radiators-champ.com/RSRL..._improvement&trackId=7&carId=18&driverId=3131

http://www.radiators-champ.com/RSRLiveTiming/index.php?page=driver_profile&id=3131

I can understand your frustration that someone is faster than you on longer stints, but I can not accept this type of slanders. I do not expect an apology, you already showed your behavior and person class, well done

@Grzesiek Zabielski: I have to say I am sorry for accusing you being a cheater. I have never ever, even in my dreams imagine, that hard compound would last so long with a qualification pace.
You were right, it is possible to do a 33, but not just that in my last test that I just did (same track, 20 laps) I even did 1.32.9 in last lap!!!!

So far I never used hard tire compound in a short or mid distance races (like it was this one), always on soft or medium, because I though its good enough. But apparently it`s not.
Really sorry mate, I take all back, and I am ashamed of saying what I have said.
But the real problem lies in AC, that all this has happened, and in tire compounds. In real life its just not possible to do with soft a mid 1.32 in qually, and with hard after 20 laps almost the same lap in last lap.

Admins, disregard what I have written, I am apologizing to Grzesiek Zabielski. It was really my bad, but I was just assuimg he mabybe has tire wear turned off, because his race pace (faster and faster towards the end of the race, while I was going slower and slower).
But I have learned a lot from this issue of mine here.

Hot, hot... thats part of racing, and where everyone want to win.
Its a shame I didn`t look to tire wear after test of 20 laps, but I was faster from lap to lap to the end. I started with a high 1.33 and ended with 1.32.9 in very last lap. So it means tires weren`t worn out at all.
AC has to be re-edited at least what tires wear is concerned. Its just to real. I understand that hard tires last 20 laps with the same pace, but laps would be in low 34 all the time, but that its possible to do a high 32. Its just not right.

Pavel, nice video. I saw you were struggling with the tires a lot, just like me.

From what you people have posted, it seems the best option was the hard tires. I was on medium and by close to 3/4 of the race length my rear was unstable.

I am using the OV1 tire info widget, but I really do not understand how to read the tire wear.

On other topics, we really need to be able to save all race replay on AC. There are many things that happen usually at the start of the race that requires to be checked. It is not possible right now.

ive watched Pavels live feed, good race! have to admit tho the hard tyres are ACE! I have won two club races in the GT3 on hard tyres, when I suspect the majority of the field were on meds!

ive watched Pavels live feed, good race! have to admit tho the hard tyres are ACE! I have won two club races in the GT3 on hard tyres, when I suspect the majority of the field were on meds!
that's strange, I've had the opposite experience on Wednesday at Mugello. Did a high amount of laps for a race simulation (20 laps) - the mediums did last 18 laps and fell off afterwards (0,5 to +1,0s slower).
The hards on the other hand had noticable lower grip overall and fell off after 17, 18 laps too, but not so drasticaly.
There was a 8mb patch on Friday for AC, changes in tyre wear and degradation were not mentioned.
What's going on?

I was on hard tyres too, and they were fantastic, did my best laps in the last quarter of the race. I think they have been changed in the latest update (there was an unspecified physics update in the latest built) , because before friday the gap between medium and hard was bigger and you rareley ever needed the hard tyres

@Mitja Bonca
@Grzesiek Zabielski

Glad to see the issues have been resolved guys. :thumbsup:

But, it seems like a lot of people on these EU events are taking these club races far too seriously, to the detriment of other players enjoyment. These club events are supposed to be about fun, not winning. Obviously because it's a race, we're going to have competitive streaks, but we shouldn't allow this to completely take over from the enjoyment of racing wheel to wheel.

Now whilst we don't technically allow the turning off of tyre wear and fuel usage, there's currently no way to regulate it. So we're relying on you honoring our request to make sure these settings turned on.

And besides, if you were to turn off these settings, then what are you actually achieving? I mean sure, you'd have a better chance of winning the race (in an environment where winning doesn't actually count for anything), but you'd only be cheating yourself because it's not a true representation of your speed.

Last edited:
And besides, if you were to turn off these settings, then what are you actually achieving? I mean sure, you'd have a better chance of winning the race (in an environment where winning doesn't actually count for anything), but you'd only be cheating yourself because it's not a true representation of your speed.

Also to add, there are always going to be people better than you no matter how fast you are. People should look at their own driving and seeing how to better themselves before pointing fingers at people. I mean like you can point at others all you want, but that doesn't make you any faster.

Club races are for fun and over competativness and over-reacting on the forums takes the fun out of it for me. I dont know how other club racers feel but thats how i do.

Not to blame or accuse anyone, but i have noticed in the past that over competative racers are the one less likley to follow the rules.

From giving places back after causing an incident to cutting way past the white lines to achieve a faster lap. But they will complain if it happens to them.

If anyone signing up to a club race thinks it means anything other than a few like minded people having fun while doing a few laps, I would suggest not signing up and waiting for the first available league.

Let stop all this crap and get back to racing for fun and not treating it like a pissing contest.

LETS KEEP THE FUN IN CLUB RACES

Ill add an official and general comment to Dave's spot on post.

The next person that is calling other drivers cheaters without presenting any cold hard facts can take a hike and go race somewhere else.

It's the hardest accusation you can make in sim racing and as things are posted on a public board you are really (irreversible, if not corrected) damaging the reputation of another driver.

I have experienced this myself two years ago in the F3 series that I won (and practice for a lot) and to be honest I felt like **** for two weeks, almost giving up on sim racing entirely. You get damaged for doing your best and doing many many many many hours of preparation.

As is posted above, learn to lose as there is always somebody somewhere faster than yourself. If not, you would be in Formula 1 by now.

Assetto Corsa is betaware at the moment and we all know that certain settings don't apply offline. We can indeed make a statement about it and add another rule, but this rule becomes a joke as we can't enforce or even check if somebody is running with fuel or tyrewear off, and to be honest I don't even care if they do at this point.

We are trying to build up a racing club with the typical RD atmosphere and this over the top competitiveness doesn't fit in that philosophy.

Be as competitive as you want in a league, practice for a week 24/7, do your homework on the setup and countless tests but not in the club.

I appreciate the apologies made, but that doesn't take away the fact that a firm accusation is posted on a public forum.

It would be better to comment out this accusation or even entirely edit your post @Mitja Bonca otherwise this will backfire at some point in the future to @Grzesiek Zabielski who did absolutely nothing wrong (except for being super fast :D)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 86 7.5%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 169 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 321 27.8%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 452 39.2%