AC Formula Abarth @ Silverstone - Sat 17th 2014

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Nice race and good Win by Sun. Curious thought I was expecting an aussie server but found this was a NL server, high ping and cars jumping around made it a bit difficult.

Yes you ran high wings? I just had default setup. But you had good speed. Bad ping though your car was jumping everywhere made it hard to get close to you, where u located?

Glad to hear it was an enjoyable race :)
Congrats to Sun on the win, always nice to bag one, even if it's only a club race :)

... I was expecting an aussie server but found this was a NL server, high ping and cars jumping around made it a bit difficult.

These clubs are run on the Racedepartment servers which are located in the Netherlands. I've just set the events to run at a more Australasian-friendly time, because getting up at 3am isn't everyone's cup of tea.

I'm hoping that if the AU event's grow enough that we can eventually establish a server in Australia, or at least somewhere closer, so we can enjoy some lower ping races. But for the moment, were running EU servers. As long as you're careful around the higher ping players, it's not too big of an issue.

Also, keep in mind that Kunos are still developing and improving on the Netcode. So higher pings will eventually drop a bit, and the effects they have won't be so erratic.

All in good time my friend :)

nice race guys , good win to sun again with paul close behind , also had nice battle with casey in the end .Does anyone have a replay of the race i am interested to see who hit me in the fast chicane on the first lap or maybe i hit you , i would like to see how it happened it caught me by surprise a bit

Last edited:
ac.gif

From my replay, Catalin hit you from behind, but there was a lot of warping from you, Paul and Sun. It seems you were warping left and right quite a bit and he may have though he had a line on the inside before you moved back. Here is a crummy animated .gif (if it works)

Glad to hear it was an enjoyable race :)
Congrats to Sun on the win, always nice to bag one, even if it's only a club race :)

These clubs are run on the Racedepartment servers which are located in the Netherlands. I've just set the events to run at a more Australasian-friendly time, because getting up at 3am isn't everyone's cup of tea.

I'm hoping that if the AU event's grow enough that we can eventually establish a server in Australia, or at least somewhere closer, so we can enjoy some lower ping races. But for the moment, were running EU servers. As long as you're careful around the higher ping players, it's not too big of an issue.

Also, keep in mind that Kunos are still developing and improving on the Netcode. So higher pings will eventually drop a bit, and the effects they have won't be so erratic.

All in good time my friend :)

Cheers Chris I figured this was the case, it was still pretty good and thanks for setting these up. I'm sure the netcode will improve, I mean iRacing have proved it's certainly possible.

Just with the timeslot was the consensus these times, just that for me personally I would much prefer times pushed back an hour or even 2 later as usually around 7-7:30pm I think most people are having dinner etc. I know I'm only once voice but the pefect time for me would be 8:30 practice with race at 9:15pm. Just curious what others think.

Thanks,

Oh the other thing, I couldn't get team speak working. I signed into the teamspeak server via the link posted but it looked like it just sat there trying to connect. Also not even sure how to use it- I assume I need to assign a button to speak. I notice there is a teamspeak client- do I need to install this?

@Paul Luck

Hey mate,
I never actually polled for a consensus on the time-slots of the events, I just made an educated guess as to the best times. I didn't really want to make it too late, just because it can be inconvenient for the Eastern States (I'm a WA boy ;) ).
I'll make a poll so everyone who wants to race on the AU events can give their preferred car class, timeslots, and days on which they would like to race.

Numbers for the AU events haven't been all that great so far, so perhaps this could help :)

Oh the other thing, I couldn't get team speak working. I signed into the teamspeak server via the link posted but it looked like it just sat there trying to connect. Also not even sure how to use it- I assume I need to assign a button to speak. I notice there is a teamspeak client- do I need to install this?

If you sign into teamspeak using this link:
http://www.tsviewer.com/ts_viewer_connect.php?ID=36806

Then, enter your name, and the password, then it should just automatically connect to the Racedepartment service. Strange that the connection would hang :O_o:

In the options menu on TS, it will give you all the settings you'll need to set up your microphone. I'm pretty sure the default setting is voice activated, so you shouldn't have to push-to-talk, however you can set it to do that if that's what you want :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 365 15.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 255 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 303 13.2%