AC Formula Abarth @ Nurburgring Sprint - Monday 26th October 2015

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Would really like to join but my internet is still broken :(
Moved in the same town just 1 km, was forced to switch from cable to DSL and that sucks very often :mad::mad:
Pay almost the same for a fracture of bandwith and stability :sick:

Hope it is fixed till wednesday!

It seems I forgot about the Summertime switch, therefore the event will take place at 19:00GMT instead of the announced 18:00GMT (to keep the time within the timezones equal to previous weeks)
@Tommi Saari @Ryan @Tobias Röhner @Knightly_ @Anthemius @fenriswolf24 @James Hemp

I´m in ;)

Edit: Is it a problem if i join 30-40 min late in practice?
No problem ;)

Also @Enzo Fazzi @Mark Gormley @Blackdawg @Krzysztof Sobczak @piktor02 @laverdone @eckeisback @xnorb @Ricardo Edelmann @Geof @matheus Macahdo @kedy89 @Jeffrey van Lith @rastaqki @JamesU @th3_d0ctor @Adrianhettich @mancSLO Any of you guys interested ?? :D

Thanks for the race guys and to Simon and Ricardo for organizing it. I think it was my first race here without any collision or spin, just 20 good laps. That is I am very satisfied with my consistencies here, although I was 1.5 seconds off the leaders.

I watched some top drivers during late stage of practice and the main difference compared to me is how late everyone is braking. That was actually why I asked about anyone driving with ABS on... I cannot do this with a brake sensitive car like this. I guess I need to practice a lot more :).

Cheers,
Timo

Glad i could attend at this event!

The Tatuus was pretty much unknown terrain for me so far and in the last events i wasnt really competitive. Or at least most of the time and sometimes surprisingly high.
This time i was really competitive, 3rd fastest in practice, just beaten in the last minutes by Tobi and Tobias, who made huge improvements in the last part of the practice.
The Qualifying wasn't that great at the beginning, never made a really clean lap. In the last moment i made one which moved me up to 2nd place, still 3 tenths behind pole-sitter Tobi.
The start wasn't a good one, i lost my 2nd place on the main straight already to Martin. Ollie made a nice move one or two laps later on me so i was 4th. While Tobi slowly moved away from us, Ollie overtook Martin while i was waiting behind. We were very close to each other for quite some time. I always was quicker in Turn 1 and the chicane, but lost speed in the last corner and the two corners before the chicane which made overtaking really hard. I saw my chance in turn 2, i was really close after turn 1 already and took the inside line, in turn 3 i still was there and a bit in front. Sadly we just barely touched in that corner, i would say it was a race incident but havent seen the footage again. I let Martin through again just to be sure. That meant that Ollie was 2 and a hlaf seconds away and could push to catch up Tobi. Martin was half a second in front of me for a long period, always gaining a bit on some parts of the track, while i closed the gap again in the chicane and Turn 1.
When tyres got worse i drove a wrong line which cost me 2,5 seconds on Martin. Just when i caught him up slightly i spun and damaged my front wing. After that i spun about 10000 times in the same lap, it was impossible to just drive with 50km/h.
In the end it was P8, having a small fight with James in the last laps. He overtook me in the last lap but spun shortly after.

Great fun with you, really close and fair racing!

Can't wait for the next event :D

Nice race guys! I qualified at the middle position, so I had many drivers to compete during the race :). @Tobias Röhner you may noticed that I was in panic when you tried to overtake me, but this is sth that has to do with myself. You drove very well and I knew that you could overtake me, but I just tried to play with your nerves a little! :D
Well, can someone explain to me why the lap times were much worse than the qualify round? I suppose that the medium tyres instead of the soft ones made a big difference, but I didn't even approach my personal best that I did in qualification... And after 14th lap where I crashed my car at a wall, I could not go under 1.32...

@kedy89 congratulations for the victory, you came late but it seems that it was too easy for you! Would you like to share your secret setup with us? ;)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 301 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 210 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 201 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 151 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 269 13.7%