AC Formula Abarth @ Nords Monday 1st June

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
My apologies in advance if I happen to disconnect or something, my internet's giving issues with the wind, now that winter's arrived, have to restart router when it happens.

Thanks everyone, had a blast!

I actually had practiced a bit (like 3 hours or something :D) so i wouldn't be on your way - but hey, of course i forgot to test what the car feels like with race setup (full fuel load + mediums), so had an unfortunate spin on the first lap and after that was always +20-30sec from the pack :roflmao:

And @Geof, dont worry about the T1 :)

I had a terrible qualifying, I spun out on both attempts and had to start from the back, which was a blessing in the end. I was able to avoid the crashes ahead and ended up in 3rd by the end of the first lap. I was surprised with my pace, I knew there was faster cars coming from behind and I thought for sure I'd lose the 3rd place to @Tobias Röhner at some point over the last two laps, it all came down to the corner at the end of the big straight and I kept in front. Definitely one of my most rewarding races.

Reactions: Si
Good race guys,

How long can you stay side by side on this track ? We did it! Funny combo.
Even if I crossed the confidence line a few time on this race :whistling:, this was really enjoyable.
@tomeee, I was just a shame from me to screw your good quali perf. ;)

See you next.

Nice car for this track! Had a good quali, very comfortable with the ring, really happy with my pace. But come the race and I stumble again, too busy watching for other cars to focus on my lines and brake points the first few laps. Ended up taking out @Si, for which I am so sorry :unsure:. Had a pretty clean run the past week or two, but slipped up there taking you out, sorry man! Any tips for better racing and overtaking appreciated, once settled in I start getting quicker, but I can't crack the overtaking unless I'm much much faster than someone, really need to improve this, it's a big stumbling point for me :(. Thanks for the event!

Ended up taking out @Si, for which I am so sorry :unsure:. Had a pretty clean run the past week or two, but slipped up there taking you out, sorry man! Any tips for better racing and overtaking appreciated
Mate, I said at the time no problems, I was a little slow through there and I think that caught you by surprise.
My main tip when following someone closely is to brake a little earlier than you normally do to guarantee a fast exit to set up a pass later on...also giving you time to avoid any incidents. works for me!

I lift off before getting to the braking point and then use less brakes. It doesn't seem to cost any time and gives a bit of breathing room should the guy in front brake a bit sooner trying to out brake me following behind. It allows me to concentrate on the exit of the corner and possibly passing up the straight of the next corner.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back